Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sessions for AG

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Sessions for AG
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »
Trump nomintes Seesions for Attorney General. 

This is how al.com reports it:

One of the hallmarks of his tenure was his role in killing the so-called Gang of Eight's immigration reform bill in 2013 -- a compromise hashed out by senators on both sides of the aisle that would have addressed border security while also providing a pathway to citizenship for illegals.

Reagan appointed Sessions for a federal judgeship in Alabama, but was not confirmed for the post amid contentious hearings in the Judiciary Committee.

Sessions had been accused by black colleagues in the U.S. attorney's office of making disparaging racial remarks toward them and for allegedly holding the Ku Klux Klan in high regard until he learned that some members smoked marijuana, according to a 1986 New York Times story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Sessions for AG
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »
Guess he's a racist now.

Cue prowler to post the "research" saying so (in addition to the above).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:47:30 AM »
Guess he's a racist now.

Cue prowler to post the "research" saying so (in addition to the above).

Will save him the trouble. 

Here is a video of Sessions saying things.

You can see the words coming out of his face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
I heard while walking through this morning that Today was talking about him on NBC. Stated , and I quote, "Sessions is a lightening rod because of past racial statements"...

Not allegations of past racial statements, but "past racial statements". So vague. Such media pandering bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:52:55 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
I heard he tried to trip rosa parks when she got off that bus. Is this true??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »
I heard while walking through this morning that Today was talking about him on NBC. Stated , and I quote, "Sessions is a lightening rod because of past racial statements"...

I made the tongue in cheek comment because this happening was THAT predictable. Right. On. Cue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »

Not allegations of past racial statements, but "past racial statements". So vague. Such media pandering bullshit.

Based on some of the people he had to work with I don't blame him. (I'm white so I am already a racist, just getting my monies worth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »

Based on some of the people he had to work with I don't blame him. (I'm white so I am already a racist, just getting my monies worth.

Barry made racial comments while running for president. But sessions? Ommmmagerrdddddd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »
"Good people don't smoke Marijuana" is one of the most ignorant things that can be said.

I guess children that need it for their seizures, because the handful of prescription drugs either didn't work or, in most cases, made matters much worse...Bad people.

The Veterans that need it for their PTSD...Bad people.

The hundreds of other medical reasons that people may need it...Bad people.

Today, I have to take three to four different types of anti-inflammatory pills sometimes. Cannabis has around 7 different anti-inflammatory properties in it...I'll be in the Bad people category, when medicinal Cannabis ever gets put to a vote in Alabama.

Maybe he's changed his view on it, being that was a old statement.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:46:31 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 08:26:26 AM »
"Good people don't smoke Marijuana" is one of the most ignorant things that can be said.

I guess children that need it for their seizures, because the handful of prescription drugs either didn't work or, in most cases, made matters much worse...Bad people.

The Veterans that need it for their PTSD...Bad people.

The hundreds of other medical reasons that people may need it...Bad people.

Today, I have to take three to four different types of anti-inflammatory pills sometimes. Cannabis has around 7 different anti-inflammatory properties in it...I'll be in the Bad people category, when medicinal Cannabis ever gets put to a vote in Alabama.

Maybe he's changed his view on it, being that was a old statement.

There was a time when Mary Jane was ONLY a drug. The medicinal use of it is very modern. I prob would have agreed with that statement 20 years ago. During the dazed and confused or cheech Chong days it was a running joke that unemployed bums or dropouts smoked pot. Whether true or not it was the stereotype. Things have changed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
There was a time when Mary Jane was ONLY a drug. The medicinal use of it is very modern. I prob would have agreed with that statement 20 years ago. During the dazed and confused or cheech Chong days it was a running joke that unemployed bums or dropouts smoked pot. Whether true or not it was the stereotype. Things have changed.
Medicinal use of it is far from modern, the media and the big pharmaceutical industry making it out to be "the devil's lettuce", is more like it.

You know there's only one government owned Cannabis farm in the Country in Oxford, MS. They've been running tests on Cannabis since the 70s and have patented a few of the medicinal properties of Cannabis. I'm guessing so that they can produce synthetic cannabis (not going to be the same, will have horrible side effects).

Before prohibition doctors were using it to treat a number of different alignments. When Hemp became illegal, so did the rest of the plant. IMO, natural is way better than anything synthetic. Watch the prescription drug commercials, you know, the new drugs that no one has ever heard of until now, with the names that no one can pronounce. That shit is legal, and they have side effects as bad as that street drug Krokodil.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:05:38 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
Medicinal use of it is far from modern, the media and the big pharmaceutical industry making it out to be "the devil's lettuce", is more like it.

You know there's only one government owned Cannabis farm in the Country in Oxford, MS. They've been running tests on Cannabis since the 70s and have patented a few of the medicinal properties of Cannabis. I'm guessing so that they can produce synthetic cannabis (not going to be the same, will have horrible side effects).

Before prohibition doctors were using it to treat a number of different alignments. When Hemp became illegal, so did the rest of the plant. IMO, natural is way better than anything synthetic. Watch the prescription drug commercials, you know, the new drugs that no one has ever heard of until now, with the names that no one can pronounce. That shit is legal, and they have side effects as bad as that street drug Krokodil.

Nah I agree with big pharma. Just mean it being explored as serious as it is now for medicinal use. It's a new age now and it's a lot more normalized than it used to be from a PR point of view. It still ain't my thing as far as recreational use but I have no issue with it being legal just like many other things that are much worse - like big pharma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
Big pharma had nothing to do with making cannabis illegal.

Although they do work to keep it that way now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »
Big pharma had nothing to do with making cannabis illegal.

Although they do work to keep it that way now.

Not to defend prowler but that's kind of what he said. And it's true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:22 PM »
Not to defend prowler but that's kind of what he said. And it's true.

Jesus, first the Cubs, then Trump and now this.    :ruhroh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
My Uncle Cletus was a big pharma down in Gracevillle. Over 1500 acres at one time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 08:24:55 PM »
Nah I agree with big pharma. Just mean it being explored as serious as it is now for medicinal use. It's a new age now and it's a lot more normalized than it used to be from a PR point of view. It still ain't my thing as far as recreational use but I have no issue with it being legal just like many other things that are much worse - like big pharma.
I agree, more people are realizing that it isn't "the devil's lettuce" like the government wanted us to believe. More people are finding out that it has medicinal purposes and that it should not be a schedule 1 drug anymore. The Prison Industry doesn't want it to be legalized either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »
The Prison Industry doesn't want it to be legalized either.

Bullshit it doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »
Bullshit it doesn't.

You got a meme to back that up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 09:15:40 PM »
Police Unions
Prison Guard Unions
Alcohol Companies
Tobacco Companies
Pharmaceutical Companies
Prison Industry (for-profit)

All of the above have vested interests in keeping it illegal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions