Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More on how badly the left didn't get it

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
More on how badly the left didn't get it
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
This is a perfect example of just how badly the left fails to understand what happened Tuesday.  I'm running out of steam pointing these things out, but this one is close to home.  A Madison County clown named Clete Wetli who writes often for al.com. 

First, the morning of the election:
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/republicans_should_have_seen_t.html

If you're a Republican, the results of this election are going to come as a huge shock to you. We're not sure how you didn't see this coming, but you can't say you weren't warned. C'mon, everyone warned you, but you thought you were going to break all the rules and teach the establishment a lesson it would never forget.

Then the morning after:
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/i_was_so_wrong_about_america.html

I was so wrong about America because I truly have always thought that our best days were ahead and, for the very first time, I have real doubts now.

Our best days are ahead because we finally rejected the politics of privilege -- despite what the bogus talking points said -- for the potential of the unknown.  Everything the liberals have foisted on us for the last 30+ years (and yeah, as much as I wanted Bush to succeed, he was in many, many ways a liberal) is a failure.  They just refuse to see what's in front of their faces. 

Please, please study the history of the Roman Empire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: More on how badly the left didn't get it
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
Cowherd makes the point beautifully...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »

That is strong stuff.  Good find.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »
Bill Burr crushed it too.

No.  Not so much.  Not unless you continue to cling to the leftist lie that only the ignorant voted for Trump. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 01:00:54 PM »
No.  Not so much.  Not unless you continue to cling to the leftist lie that only the ignorant voted for Trump.
He said exactly the opposite of that though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »

While I do agree with what he said, because I felt the same way afterwards, but the American public voted for Hillary over Trump. The Electoral College promises to vote for Trump over Hillary on Dec. 19th.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:34:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 05:29:36 PM »

I think beautiful falls short of his description. Almost perfect for how I feel.

But the ending is what is most important. Blue team out, red team in. No need for apology or explanation.

I do not care what the bleeding hearted homos think about it. I went to work the next day 8 years ago and 4 years ago after losing. Went to work this time after winning. Didn't explain my vote then and won't now. If they can't get over it, I do not care. Move. I contemplated it then.

Move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »
And for the idiots who keep focusing on the popular vote? Do they not realize that we don't use that for determining our president?

That's why we have the electoral college you see. Popular vote doesn't matter. Not sure I can explain in any simpler terms but just think of it this way, you lost.

Move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
And for the idiots who keep focusing on the popular vote? Do they not realize that we don't use that for determining our president?

That's why we have the electoral college you see. Popular vote doesn't matter. Not sure I can explain in any simpler terms but just think of it this way, you lost.

Move.
What he's saying and what you're saying, is that Americans voted in favor of Trump over Hillary. When in fact, it's the exact opposite. That's what popular vote indicates, that Americans favored one candidate over the other. The Electoral College hasn't voted yet. I think it has happened one time, since the Electoral College started, where someone changed their promised vote of one candidate and voted differently. So, the odds of that happening again, much less having more than 1 doing that, are slim to none.

Doesn't change the fact that the American public voted for Hillary over Trump making it only the 4th time in History that the candidate that won the popular vote didn't become President.
2000 - Al Gore
1888 - Grover Cleveland
1876 - Samuel Tilden
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:54:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
What he's saying and what you're saying, is that Americans voted in favor of Trump over Hillary. When in fact, it's the exact opposite. That's what popular vote indicates, that Americans favored one candidate over the other. The Electoral College hasn't voted yet...you move.
See my post. Above yours. Get someone to read it to you maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 05:58:57 PM »
See my post. Above yours. Get someone to read it to you maybe.
I think someone should read to you what I wrote. The American public voted for who they want as President. The Electoral College promised their vote for who the President will be...they vote on Dec. 19th. It's not that hard to understand, it's been like this for a very long time.

Am I going to have to write this in crayon for you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »
Nobody is focusing on the popular vote. Next!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »
Nobody is focusing on the popular vote. Next!
But when someone states that the public voted against the establishment, against the media, etc, etc...that's saying that the popular vote (our votes) went that direction, when in reality it didn't. Popular vote went the other direction. That's the only voting that has taken place so far.

I'm just stepping back and looking at this for what it is.

As for Wiregrass telling people to move...shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:31:56 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
I think someone should read to you what I wrote. The American public voted for who they want as President. The Electoral College promised their vote for who the President will be...they vote on Dec. 19th. It's not that hard to understand, it's been like this for a very long time.

Am I going to have to write this in crayon for you?
Superior intellect? Yeah, really.

I never said what you said I wrote. Maybe you wanted me to. I didn't. But, I probably just have a better grasp of how things work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
What he's saying and what you're saying, is that Americans voted in favor of Trump over Hillary. When in fact, it's the exact opposite. That's what popular vote indicates, that Americans favored one candidate over the other. The Electoral College hasn't voted yet. I think it has happened one time, since the Electoral College started, where someone changed their promised vote of one candidate and voted differently. So, the odds of that happening again, much less having more than 1 doing that, are slim to none.

Doesn't change the fact that the American public voted for Hillary over Trump making it only the 4th time in History that the candidate that won the popular vote didn't become President.
2000 - Al Gore
1888 - Grover Cleveland
1876 - Samuel Tilden

you should shy away from wikipedia.

here is a neat article...it even has video.

Electoral College for Prowlers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 06:55:03 PM »
you should shy away from wikipedia.

here is a neat article...it even has video.

Electoral College for Prowlers
You should maybe read what I posted again.

2000 - Al Gore
1888 - Grover Cleveland
1876 - Samuel Tilden

I know that the Electoral College chooses the President. The Electoral hasn't voted yet. The only voting that has taken place, at this time, is the public's vote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 09:25:42 PM »
I think beautiful falls short of his description. Almost perfect for how I feel.

But the ending is what is most important. Blue team out, red team in. No need for apology or explanation.

I do not care what the bleeding hearted homos think about it. I went to work the next day 8 years ago and 4 years ago after losing. Went to work this time after winning. Didn't explain my vote then and won't now. If they can't get over it, I do not care. Move. I contemplated it then.

Move.

Moving from the east side to the west side of the State doesn't count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 09:38:14 PM »
Moving from the east side to the west side of the State doesn't count.
WEST SIDE!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
But when someone states that the public voted against the establishment, against the media, etc, etc...that's saying that the popular vote (our votes) went that direction, when in reality it didn't. Popular vote went the other direction. That's the only voting that has taken place so far.

I'm just stepping back and looking at this for what it is.

As for Wiregrass telling people to move...shut the fuck up.
Your vote wasn't very popular at all. Just like you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions