Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What A Day...So Far

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: What A Day...So Far
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »
Totally the same thing.

I know right. I mean, if the x should enforce it's rules, why should America not enforce hers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 10:03:13 AM »
You serious, Clark?

The "tell it like it is", proudly "non-pc" crowd has been empowered to get vocal through Trump's campaigning.

Of course the phrases in quotations above are just euphemisms adopted by the racists that are crawling out of the woodwork.
I've been screaming this from the beginning. The conflation of "non-pc" (a valid and currently important stance) and either oafish and mean spirited trolling or flat out white nationalism is the biggest travesty of this election cycle.

Now even I am sheepish to use the term "PC" because everyone else fails to see the difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2016, 10:12:24 AM »
This was a bad example. I didn't watch the whole video, but didn't see anything racist about the part I did watch...
I didn't see blatant racism but a sad commentary on society. And I suspect more so in black neighborhoods. I only know I wouldn't laugh, video and talk jive if I came upon this. Maybe when I was 12?

Really sad. Different cultures for sure but would the people be treated much different if they were blacks in a white neighborhood?

I think so, at least more often. So, do I need to self-impose an x ban for thinking racist thoughts?

I really am sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2016, 10:25:46 AM »
I've been screaming this from the beginning. The conflation of "non-pc" (a valid and currently important stance) and either oafish and mean spirited trolling or flat out white nationalism is the biggest travesty of this election cycle.

Now even I am sheepish to use the term "PC" because everyone else fails to see the difference.

There has been a ton of trolling I'm sure. Specifically on social media.  But honestly, let's compare videos taken from this year of actual violent racism. How many videos are you going to find of white people beating black people for being black?  How many violent attacks on white people are you going to see by packs of black people? 

Be honest with yourselves and just for a second lay down the white guilt.  Yall really believe Trump is the cause of your overwhelming (perceived) white nationalism? Or could it possibly be all the bullshit that has gone on with the violence of BLM protests since Ferguson?

I'm not saying racism is ok. It isn't. I'm just sick to death of people with agendas blaming anything racist in our civilization right now on Trump. It's a stupid arguement and it isn't true. What the fuck does Donald Trump have to do with this discussion before Wes brought him into it?  It was an argument about what he considered a racist comment about Japanese people.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:27:29 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2016, 10:38:23 AM »
There has been a ton of trolling I'm sure. Specifically on social media.  But honestly, let's compare videos taken from this year of actual violent racism. How many videos are you going to find of white people beating black people for being black?  How many violent attacks on white people are you going to see by packs of black people? 

Be honest with yourselves and just for a second lay down the white guilt.  Yall really believe Trump is the cause of your overwhelming (perceived) white nationalism? Or could it possibly be all the bullshit that has gone on with the violence of BLM protests since Ferguson?

I'm not saying racism is ok. It isn't. I'm just sick to death of people with agendas blaming anything racist in our civilization right now on Trump. It's a stupid arguement and it isn't true. What the fuck does Donald Trump have to do with this discussion before Wes brought him into it?  It was an argument about what he considered a racist comment about Japanese people.
I'm not disagreeing with you about BLM. Like, at all. I'm sure it is doing a SIGNIFICANT part in the emergence of reactionary white racists. But then once they come out of the woodwork for political advocacy, what are they doing? Endorsing Trump. I see that Wes is blaming Trump and you're blaming BLM, but I see two different observations. BLM is stirring shit up, and for a lot of white racists they think Trump is the solution. They think "Well, this guy will say anything, he doesn't care if it fits in with polite society", and that empowers them to come out of the woodwork in the name of "anti-PC".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »
Can YOU PEOPLE kindly limit your super keen political differences to the SGA section?
THERE...I quoted myself. Take it elsewhere, doesn't belong here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
I'm not disagreeing with you about BLM. Like, at all. I'm sure it is doing a SIGNIFICANT part in the emergence of reactionary white racists. But then once they come out of the woodwork for political advocacy, what are they doing? Endorsing Trump. I see that Wes is blaming Trump and you're blaming BLM, but I see two different observations. BLM is stirring shit up, and for a lot of white racists they think Trump is the solution. They think "Well, this guy will say anything, he doesn't care if it fits in with polite society", and that empowers them to come out of the woodwork in the name of "anti-PC".

Do you believe that any racists black people involved in the BLM movement supported anyone but Obama in the last two elections?  Does that make Obama racist and responsible for the racist members of the BLM movement?

I don't think that anyone should be shocked that white racists are supporting the white male candidate in this election.  Just as they shouldn't be shocked that racists Black men would support a black male president.

They are racists, that's what they do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »
If anyone tries to make it so that you can't call someone a nagger on here, then I'm out of here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
If anyone tries to make it so that you can't call someone a nagger on here, then I'm out of here.
They're all prejudiced.
An overwhelming number of them are racists. And a couple are even full bore bigots. But what has that to do with sport I ask you? What WT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2016, 11:27:54 AM »
I didn't see blatant racism but a sad commentary on society. And I suspect more so in black neighborhoods. I only know I wouldn't laugh, video and talk jive if I came upon this. Maybe when I was 12?

Really sad. Different cultures for sure but would the people be treated much different if they were blacks in a white neighborhood?

I think so, at least more often. So, do I need to self-impose an x ban for thinking racist thoughts?

I really am sorry.

This is where BLM gets a double victory, White man down, blacks beat the shit out of him, because they are oppressed. Black dude down in white neighborhood, whites beat the shit out him. We racist.  The second part I use to think would not happen unless the black dude dropped down on Skinhead Ave. Now I think most folks would just ignore the person in need.

I have yet to hear one affluent black leader come out and say anything against BLM. Hell Jerry Rice backed tracked his "All lives matter" comment because he started getting heat from BLM.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:30:05 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »
I have yet to hear one affluent black leader come out and say anything against BLM. Hell Jerry Rice backed tracked his "All lives matter" comment because he started getting heat from BLM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »
This is where BLM gets a double victory, White man down, blacks beat the shit out of him, because they are oppressed. Black dude down in white neighborhood, whites beat the shit out him. We racist.  The second part I use to think would not happen unless the black dude dropped down on Skinhead Ave. Now I think most folks would just ignore the person in need.

For the record, I don't think anyone beat the people in the video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49:50 AM »
They're all prejudiced.
An overwhelming number of them are racists. And a couple are even full bore bigots. But what has that to do with sport I ask you? What WT?
What do you want? Do you want me to ban these losers? There wouldn't be very many people left to post, even if it is in the wrong thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »
For the record, I don't think anyone beat the people in the video.
Flakka done whipped dey ass, if you axe me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2016, 12:26:46 PM »
This was a bad example. I didn't watch the whole video, but didn't see anything racist about the part I did watch...

Racist:
If two black people had been laying there while a covey of white folks mocked them?  Riots and looting. 

Racist:
References to crackers
"White lives matter"
Tell the cops white people are down and they'll come quicker
Absolute disregard for human (albeit trashy) life

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »

I'm not saying racism is ok. It isn't.

Why isn't it? 

Why is it taboo to accept the fact that people ARE different, that people (whether genetics or upbringing) react to situations differently (see the Walgreens video), people of different ethnicities enjoy different things, have different physical makeup, etc. 

We are not all the same.  Pretending we are and trying to force that concept is why we have problems. 

Demanding equal outcomes is why we have problems. 

Demanding respect without doing a damn thing to earn it is why we have problems.

A complete breakdown in the concepts of civility and compassion -- fueled by (and I'm sorry to say this) integration and the removal of prayer in schools -- is why we have problems. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:41:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
Why isn't it? 

Why is it taboo to accept the fact that people ARE different, that people (whether genetics or upbringing) react to situations differently (see the Walgreens video), people of different ethnicities enjoy different things, have different physical makeup, etc. 

We are not all the same.  Pretending we are and trying to force that concept is why we have problems. 

Demanding equal outcomes is why we have problems. 

Demanding respect without doing a damn thing to earn it is why we have problems.

A complete breakdown in the concepts of civility and compassion -- fueled by (and I'm sorry to say this) integration and the removal of prayer in schools -- is why we have problems. 
I can agree in part, but why are YOU FUCKERS bringing your social commentary to the sports side of tigersx?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
I can agree in part, but why are YOU FUCKERS bringing your social commentary to the sports side of tigersx?

Dammit.  Back to my safe space.  You shouted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2016, 02:08:00 PM »
Dammit.  Back to my safe space.  You shouted.
Not shouting. I have prejudices of my own but I don't cross them with sports. I don't give a fuck if someone takes a public shit during the national anthem, just want the bastard carried off on a stretcher for drawing attention to themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
Not shouting. I have prejudices of my own but I don't cross them with sports. I don't give a fuck if someone takes a public shit during the national anthem, just want the bastard carried off on a stretcher for drawing attention to themselves.

Then you do care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions