Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What A Day...So Far

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: What A Day...So Far
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 07:19:38 AM »
Doesn't matter if you're offended by it or consider it a slur.

Remember the dust up when Parcells called a blitz package one of his "jap plays"?

Would it have been ok if he had called it his Pearl Harbor plays?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 08:40:33 AM »
Do you think gypsy is a racial slur?

Not necessarily, but it is offensive to the Romani people to allege that you've been "gypped out of something".  So...it doesn't matter if I'm offended.  See how that works?

Would it have been ok if he had called it his Pearl Harbor plays?

All he had to do was say that he was taking it back.  The Tuna flubbed that one.

As a self taught mediator, I propose a settlement. Let's jew it down from a racial slur to an insensitive comment. No winners, no losers, feelings are spared.

Not helping.  But you know that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:27 AM »
Not necessarily, but it is offensive to the Romani people to allege that you've been "gypped out of something".  So...it doesn't matter if I'm offended.  See how that works?

No, I see how it works, but have seen gypsy used on this board but no one has said we have a racism rule, do better over that term.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 09:18:02 AM »
No, I see how it works, but have seen gypsy used on this board but no one has said we have a racism rule, do better over that term.

You missed the distinction in my post.  Very similar to the Japanese/Jap distinction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »
I love saltine crackers with white milk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »

Had you said "Salty crack", I would have been offended.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2016, 10:26:59 AM »
Had you said "Salty crack", I would have been offended.

Salty cracks are goo....wait, nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »

All he had to do was say that he was taking it back.  The Tuna flubbed that one.

Not helping.  But you know that.

You are really reaching. But glad to hear such a critical issue keeps you up at night. No one ever said anything about it offending or not offending. I said it wasn't racist to me the way I use or used it. It was merely shortened from Japanese. And used as an adjective to describe a damn bonsai tree. Nothing more. Offending is like art. You can claim anything offends you if you want. That doesn't mean it's racist. Because you see, racism actually has a definition.

It didn't demean them. It didn't establish a prejudice. It didn't call for discriminating. And it certainly didn't lessen them as a people. Which is what websters defines racism as below

Racist/racism from websters:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 :  racial prejudice or discrimination

And we won't get into how many times other words have been said on here in a similar sarcastic manner. Some in posts you responded directly to. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:31:57 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
You are obviously inferring that you love the whites, you racist pig. We have a racism rule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
You are obviously inferring that you love the whites, you racist pig. We have a racism rule.

I like chocolate milk too, just not as much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2016, 12:11:19 PM »
Sexual Chocolate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
Has Auburn football bored us this much?

The X is arguing over whether or not "jap" is too offensive to use on a football message board?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Has Auburn football bored us this much?

The X is arguing over whether or not "jap" is too offensive to use on a football message board?

Do we have Asian players? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »

Is Tongan considered asian. If so, then NO we do not!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
Is Tongan considered asian. If so, then NO we do not!

Then we should get some.   :aubie:  Serious nose tackle.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:52:06 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2016, 02:01:06 PM »

On the math team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
How fucked up are we are as a people when it's totally ok to belittle, be extremely offensive and downright treat another individual like a redneck dumbass piece of shit inbred who deserves to die in a carfire, but it be the end of the world to say a word that sweeps over a group of people without singling anyone out individually?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »
You are really reaching. But glad to hear such a critical issue keeps you up at night. No one ever said anything about it offending or not offending. I said it wasn't racist to me the way I use or used it. It was merely shortened from Japanese. And used as an adjective to describe a damn bonsai tree. Nothing more. Offending is like art. You can claim anything offends you if you want. That doesn't mean it's racist. Because you see, racism actually has a definition.

It didn't demean them. It didn't establish a prejudice. It didn't call for discriminating. And it certainly didn't lessen them as a people. Which is what websters defines racism as below

Racist/racism from websters:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 :  racial prejudice or discrimination

And we won't get into how many times other words have been said on here in a similar sarcastic manner. Some in posts you responded directly to.

It's not keeping me up at night, but if we have a rule we should enforce it.  The creeping racism in this country during this election cycle is getting absurd.

BTW...Webster's agrees with me:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
How fucked up are we are as a people when it's totally ok to belittle, be extremely offensive and downright treat another individual like a redneck dumbass piece of shit inbred who deserves to die in a carfire, but it be the end of the world to say a word that sweeps over a group of people without singling anyone out individually?
What does Dallas have to do with this debate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »

Nobody likes bama fans.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:33:28 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions