Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This one is bad.

Token

This one is bad.
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:54:15 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/90716058/?client=safari

You can tell by the sound in her voice that she was terrified.  Scared to death of the guy who, while being a dumbass, certainly posed no serious threat. 

My thoughts, he complied with order of hands up, but continued to move to his vehicle which would alarm me without knowing what was in his driver side seat.  Never made any sudden movements that you could see, but once at the door and refusing to move away from window, taser was deployed.  Being scared to death of a confrontational situation, female officer (who was probably experiencing severe tunnel vision) hears taser deploy and mistakes for gun, causing her to fire her weapon.

Listening to the Chief talk, they are going to charge the shit out of her.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:55:54 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: This one is bad.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:01:15 AM »
Eventually we are going to be forced to confront the real problem with law enforcement.  It's not racists cops. It's poor hiring practices, nepotism and low wages forcing smaller agencies to hire unqualified candidates.

I should have been a fireman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 03:16:44 AM »
This sucks in every way. Why can't folks just comply and move on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:26 PM »
2 things:

1. We always know when they weren't a threat AFTER. Do they always know during? I don't think they do. Im no cop like you Token but I know Im protecting myself if I think someone is threatening, and taking no chances. The best way one of the "bad guys" can show they are of no harm to you is to COMPLY. I think this gets lost in a lot of the crosstalk. Complying leaves no room for doubt.

2. Even if it was a mistake, it isn't always because of race. Usually it isn't. Sometimes shit just happens. Sometimes cops make mistakes just because they are scared shitless for their lives like this girl was. But my goodness its rarely JUST because of race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 09:59:09 PM »
2 things:

1. We always know when they weren't a threat AFTER. Do they always know during? I don't think they do. Im no cop like you Token but I know Im protecting myself if I think someone is threatening, and taking no chances. The best way one of the "bad guys" can show they are of no harm to you is to COMPLY. I think this gets lost in a lot of the crosstalk. Complying leaves no room for doubt.

2. Even if it was a mistake, it isn't always because of race. Usually it isn't. Sometimes shit just happens. Sometimes cops make mistakes just because they are scared shitless for their lives like this girl was. But my goodness its rarely JUST because of race.

1. I agree which is the main problem with this one.  He shouldn't have walked back to his vehicle. Easy to assume you are either going to retrieve a weapon to kill me or you are going to attempt to flee. He should have stayed where he was at. Hands up while walking away from authority isn't complying. But you can bet your sweet ass when faced with that situation, you ain't going to make it all the way to the car.  That's the one place where I can't control you.  That incident may have led to what some believe may be "excessive force", but it clearly wouldn't have led to me shooting him to death.

2.  I refuse to believe any cop shoots and kills any person because they are racist. I just don't believe it.  He was shot and killed because he moved to an area of unknown combined with someone who probably had no business in law enforcement. And I fully acknowledge that we have LEO who simply aren't capable of handling high stress situations.

I recall an incident where one of my good friends responded to a domestic violence call. 911 dispatch had an open line at the residence and could hear the people in the house saying the cops were outside and they needed to hide the gun. His backup was less than 5 minutes away (which is a luxury that sheriff deputies rarely have) and never made it to the call. "Took a wrong turn". Think he was fired? Or even disciplined? Nope. Wasn't even talked about because the guy was a good employee, came to work, and was a nice guy.  That shit happens a lot and it causes a lot of unnecessary stress to men and women who are already working at high levels of stress.

There is a problem and it needs to be addressed, but it isn't racism. And because it isn't racism, it isn't worth addressing.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:01:49 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »
I didn't click the link, is this in regards to the guy that was disabled and was reading a book, while waiting on his kid at the bus stop, police saw him as they were serving a warrant to someone else at the nearby apartments...they thought he had a gun, then immediately killed him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:28 AM »
Why does the headline and every reference in the article say "unarmed black man?"

You aren't even allowed to use race to describe a suspect any longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »
Why does the headline and every reference in the article say "unarmed black man?"

Are you saying that the media has an agenda and doesn't just report the news?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »

Are there that many black folks who have no arms?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »

Are there that many black folks who have no arms?

I saw one in Robertsdale and it scared the fuck out of me.  I wanted to tase it on principle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »
I saw one in Robertsdale and it scared the fuck out of me.  I wanted to tase it on principle.

Racist. But you know that by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Charlotte police warned 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott again and again to drop his handgun before an officer shot and killed him, the police chief announced Wednesday morning, after riots damaged patrol cars and injured at least 16 officers.

Police Chief Kerr Putney said during a news conference that officers were searching for a suspect Tuesday when they saw Scott exit a vehicle with a handgun at an apartment complex on the city's northeast side. "The officers gave loud, clear verbal commands which were also heard by many of the witnesses. They were instructing the subject, once he got out of the vehicle, to drop the weapon... Mr. Scott exited his vehicle armed with a handgun as the officers continued to yell at him to drop it."

Putney said Officer Brentley Vinson shot Scott because the man posed a threat. Vinson is black, as was Scott.

A woman claiming to be Scott's daughter said in a video posted on Facebook that her father was unarmed and had a book, not a gun. Police say they found no book at the scene.

The police chief said officers requested medical help and performed CPR on Scott. Vinson has been placed on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated, police said. He's been with the department for two years.

Meanwhile, An outspoken leader of the Nation of Islam, B.J. Murphy, called for an economic boycott of Charlotte at a news conference of black leaders, saying if black lives don't matter, black money shouldn't matter.

The police chief said 16 officers sustained minor injuries during protests Tuesday night and that one person has been arrested.

TV footage early Wednesday showed dozens of protesters on Interstate 85 apparently looting semi-trucks and setting their contents on fire on the highway.

Tuesday night, a larger group of demonstrators gathered near the scene of the shooting. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department tweeted that demonstrators were destroying marked police vehicles and that approximately 12 officers had been injured, including one who was hit in the face with a rock. Photos and TV video showed police firing tear gas to break up the crowd. Some officers were in riot gear.

Broken glass and rocks littered the ground where one police car had been vandalized. Less than 5 miles away, wooden pallets barricaded the entrance of a Walmart that had apparently been looted.

The unrest in Charlotte came just hours after another demonstration in Tulsa, Oklahoma, over the shooting there of an unarmed black man by police.

Charlotte police officers went to the complex about 4 p.m. looking for a suspect with an outstanding warrant when they saw Scott — who was not the suspect they were looking for — inside a car, department spokesman Keith Trietley said.

Officers saw Scott get out of the car with a gun and then get back in, Trietley said. When officers approached, the man exited the car with the gun again. At that point, officers deemed the man a threat and at least one fired a weapon, he said.

Scott was taken to Carolinas Medical Center and pronounced dead.

Police blocked access to the area, which is about a mile from the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, as protesters gathered after the shooting.

Some protesters were heard yelling "Black lives matter," and "Hands up, don't shoot!" One person held up a sign saying "Stop Killing Us."

Other footage showed protesters lingering around a police vehicle after shattering its windows.

One television news crew retreated from the scene after demonstrators began rocking their remote van, which was parked near the apartment complex where the shooting occurred.

Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts appealed for calm and tweeted that "the community deserves answers."

In Tulsa, hundreds of people rallied outside police headquarters calling for the firing of police officer Betty Shelby, who shot 40-year-old Terence Crutcher on Friday during a confrontation in the middle of a road that was captured on police dashcam and helicopter video.

Shelby's attorney has said Crutcher was not following the officers' commands and that Shelby was concerned because he kept reaching for his pocket as if he were carrying a weapon. An attorney representing Crutcher's family says Crutcher committed no crime and gave officers no reason to shoot him.

Local and federal investigations into that shooting are ongoing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Last time I got pulled over was about a year ago.  52 in a 35.  I was in a hurry.  There wasn't any arguing or disputing it.  It is what it is.  I consider myself a careful driver but I guarantee there's not a day that goes by that I don't speed.  It was just my day to be speeding in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

I gave the Officer what he needed and answered him with Yes sir and No sir.  He asked me who I bought my truck from and turned out we both knew the salesman.  Long, cool story short, he came back and gave me a warning.  Said he did it simply because I treated him with respect and didn't give him any shit, which he said was a very rare occurrence these days. Plus, I had an Auburn cap on.

The point is, as I've said numerous times before, if a man with billy club, a taser, a gun, mace, several other weapons of mass destruction strapped to his side....and a radio with which he can call 100 other guys and gals toting the same arsenal...tells you to do something....in 9,999 out of 10,000 situations, simple, respectful compliance will result in the lack of an ass whoopin' or a bullet between the eyes. 

If he tells you to put your hands up.  Just put them up and wait for the next instruction. Continuing to walk to your vehicle after repeated orders not to shouldn't result in your death.  But it most definitely should result in you totin' an ass whoopin' with you.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »
Last time I got pulled over was about a year ago.  52 in a 35.  I was in a hurry.  There wasn't any arguing or disputing it.  It is what it is.  I consider myself a careful driver but I guarantee there's not a day that goes by that I don't speed.  It was just my day to be speeding in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

I gave the Officer what he needed and answered him with Yes sir and No sir.  He asked me who I bought my truck from and turned out we both knew the salesman.  Long, cool story short, he came back and gave me a warning.  Said he did it simply because I treated him with respect and didn't give him any shit, which he said was a very rare occurrence these days. Plus, I had an Auburn cap on.

The point is, as I've said numerous times before, if a man with billy club, a taser, a gun, mace, several other weapons of mass destruction strapped to his side....and a radio with which he can call 100 other guys and gals toting the same arsenal...tells you to do something....in 9,999 out of 10,000 situations, simple, respectful compliance will result in the lack of an ass whoopin' or a bullet between the eyes. 

If he tells you to put your hands up.  Just put them up and wait for the next instruction. Continuing to walk to your vehicle after repeated orders not to shouldn't result in your death.  But it most definitely should result in you totin' an ass whoopin' with you.

I've only been belligerent once.  Got stopped on a country road by a state trooper.  Had no idea what I'd done wrong. 

When I asked he said 56 in a 55.  I asked again.  He said "56 in a 55.  Over the limit."  I just shook my head and handed him my license and insurance card as per his demand. 

When he came back with a ticket I was quite unhappy.  I asked him if he didn't have anything better to do.  He said keeping the roads safe was his primary responsibility.  When he handed me the ticket and asked me to sign it, I jammed the pen on there so hard I tore the paper.  When he gave me my copy I wadded it up and bounced it off the passenger window.  He told me to "slow it down and have a nice day."  I told him to go fuck himself.  Louder than I mean to.

He didn't appreciate that response.  Asked me if I had a problem.  I was a little rude.

Judge threw out the ticket. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »
I got pulled over about 2 years ago, One cop car, he sat there a while, then a second one showed up. Was asked over the loud speaker to turned off the car and throw keys out the window and leave my hands showing. About this time my bowels got real nervous as I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Complied with all the instructions, did as I was told. Come to find out a bank robbery had occurred and the get a way vehicle was same make and model and color as the keen machine. Once they figured out that bank robbery was not in my job description they sent me on my way with a thank you for the cooperation. 

Moral, Do what they say and you don't get shot.

You get shot not doing what they say, fuck you, you deserve to get shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
I got pulled over about 2 years ago, One cop car, he sat there a while, then a second one showed up. Was asked over the loud speaker to turned off the car and throw keys out the window and leave my hands showing. About this time my bowels got real nervous as I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Complied with all the instructions, did as I was told. Come to find out a bank robbery had occurred and the get a way vehicle was same make and model and color as the keen machine. Once they figured out that bank robbery was not in my job description they sent me on my way with a thank you for the cooperation. 

Keen story, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »
Years ago, my wife and kid had the same, keen thing happen as Dallas.  Night time.  They get pulled over, surrounded by several cop cars, guns drawn.  When they saw my wife and kid and realized these were not the droids they were looking for, they apologized for scaring the bejeezus out of them and moved on.  There had been an armed robbery minutes before in the area and she was driving a white SUV, same description as the one the suspect had driven off in. 

They were shaken but it was nothing more than something cool and keen to talk about later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

Keen story, bro.

Thanks, I started to drop the hammer to see what they had under the hood cannon ball run style. But I was low on gas  and had to get home to clean my pants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
best cool story, bro award nominees...

Years ago, my wife and kid had the same, keen thing happen as Dallas.  Night time.  They get pulled over, surrounded by several cop cars, guns drawn.  When they saw my wife and kid and realized these were not the droids they were looking for, they apologized for scaring the bejeezus out of them and moved on.  There had been an armed robbery minutes before in the area and she was driving a white SUV, same description as the one the suspect had driven off in. 

They were shaken but it was nothing more than something cool and keen to talk about later.

you be the judge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
best cool story, bro award nominees...

you be the judge.

I figured most would just hate mine. So I vote for Snaggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions