Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If I do not stand for the national anthem...

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
If I do not stand for the national anthem...
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »
Will you racist rednecks beat me up?

The national anthem is racist you know!

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was written by Francis Scott Key in 1814 about the American victory at the Battle of Fort McHenry. We only sing the first verse, but Key penned three more. This is the third verse: And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,That the havoc of war and the battle's confusionA home and a Country should leave us no more?Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.No refuge could save the hireling and slaveFrom the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth waveO'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.The mere mention of "slave" is not entirely remarkable; slavery was alive and well in the United States in 1814. Key himself owned slaves, was an anti-abolitionist and once called his African brethren "a distinct and inferior race of people."  Some interpretations of these lyrics contend Key was in fact taking pleasure in the deaths of freed black slaves who had decided to fight with the British against the United States. In order to bolster their numbers, British forces offered slaves their freedom in British territories if they would join their cause during the war. These black recruits formed the Colonial Marines, and were looked down upon by people like Key . As an anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner" has never been a unanimous fit. Since it was officially designated as the national anthem in 1931, Americans have debated the suitability of its militaristic lyrics and difficult tune. (Some have offered up "God Bless America" and "America the Beautiful" as alternatives.)

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/29/sport/colin-kaepernick-flag-protest-has-history-trnd/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: If I do not stand for the national anthem...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Some jerkstore wrote a similar article on the al.com.  This country is gone fucking nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
Some jerkstore wrote a similar article on the al.com.  This country is gone fucking nuts.

If you are black you better not go to a picnic either!

http://www.siliconafrica.com/why-i-didnt-come-to-your-picnic-and-hate-your-thanksgiving-black-friday/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »
I say don't hate on Kraperdink. He's doing it for the pussy.  Fine, silky, Egyptian pussy, bro.  foxynewz

NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s conversion to social activism coincided with his romancing of a hip hop DJ of Egyptian descent who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and “Islamaphobia” in the U.S.

Kaepernick, 28, who has come under fire for his decision to remain seated during the playing of The Star-Spangled Banner before San Francisco 49ers games, reportedly began dating Hot 97 DJ and MTV host Nessa Diab in July 2015. A few months later, his social media posts began to reflect the Black Lives Matter and Muslim activism of Diab.

"History!" Kaepernick wrote on Instagram Oct. 15, when he marked 50 years since the Black Panther Party was founded.

Kaepernick has posted 170 photos or videos on his Instagram account in the four years since he created it. Most of his first 128 posts were pics of him in football gear, publicity photos or shots taken with friends. But 31 of his last 42 posts have strong social justice connotations, often featuring quotes from radical Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X, Black Panthers founder Huey Newton and cop killer Assata Shakur. During a Sunday news conference about the flag flap, Kaepernick dressed in a black hat with a large, white “X” and a T-shirt that featured photos of Cuban despot Fidel Castro and Malcolm X.

Kaepernick, who was notably photographed with Bible quotes tattooed on his biceps when he first came into the league, also posted a greeting in July acknowledging “a lot of people” who he knew fasting during the Muslim holiday of Ramadan and wishing them “a Happy Eid!” He also was heavily critical on social media of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims.

Diab’s Twitter and Instagram account is a mish-mash of black activism, celebrity pics and the occasional defense of Islam. She frequently retweets Black Lives Matter supporter and newspaper columnist Shaun King on race-related issues. On Aug. 18, Diab retweeted another user’s musings that black athletes face a backlash for expressing political opinions with the added comment “YESSSSSS.” She defended Kaepernick in an Aug. 28 tweet, writing, “I’m always proud of him and always will be @Kaepernick7 . Please take the time to UNDERSTAND what he is saying,” followed by a link to a transcript of his news conference.

Diab said in a March 2014 interview that she spent many of her formative years in Saudi Arabia, after her dad was transferred there from a job in California. She described being in the Kingdom during the Gulf War and how the threat of bombings later colored her impression of American tragedies.

“When 9/11 happened, it didn’t surprise me at all,” Diab said on the Guy Code Podcast. “’Wow. Mmkay. This is what we went through, probably, every couple months.’”

On the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Diab posted a quote on Instagram from President Obama saying in part “ISIL does not speak for Islam.” Diab added: “Had to repost @ebroski on this and also check those comments out #knowledgeispower #enlightenment.”

Posting about Alton Sterling’s controversial shooting by police officers, Diab remarked “they will also try to discredit the store owner’s account of what occurred because he’s Muslim and we know Islamaphobia is at an all-time high in this country.”

Diab said her parents, who were originally from Egypt, were highly educated, but denied some jobs in the U.S. “because they have an accent.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:02:45 PM »
Colin is doing it because he knows his ass is about to get cut.  He's trying to make it as hard as possible to get rid of him now.

49ers don't start him?  It's because they racist.  49ers cut him?  It's because he stood up for black people so they must be racist. 

Racism is the hottest topic in the media right now, he's doing what his agent told him to do.  Doesn't hurt that his girl is with BLM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 06:36:42 AM »
I fully support his first amendment right to free speech.  That being said, most people in this country don't understand the right of free speech sometimes comes with consequences and those consequences can damage your livelihood. 
So yay for him for exercising one of his God given rights and fuck him I hope he dies penniless in a dirty bathroom.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:54:33 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
Here's my thoughts. I agree with his right to free speech. How can we be up in arms over this when they have taken the pledge out of our schools? On the other hand, I hate him and anyone else that disrespects our anthem and or flag. To see these blithering idiots on TV stepping on the flag, makes me livid.

If you don't like this country then leave!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 08:47:34 AM »
Tomi Lahren. 

Oh my.  She destroys Kumperdink.  Find it.  Watch it.  Love her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »
Tomi Lahren. 

Oh my.  She destroys Kumperdink.  Find it.  Watch it.  Love her.

YES!! Her rant sums it all up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »
I fully support his first amendment right to free speech.  That being said, most people in this country don't understand the right of free speech sometimes comes with consequences and those consequences can damage your livelihood. 
So yay for him for exercising one of his God given rights and fudge him I hope he dies penniless in a dirty bathroom.

This^^  Right up here^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
Victomhood permeates our society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
Victomhood permeates our society.

Your statement demeans victims.  As a former victim myself, I must at this time demand an apology and $10,000 for my pain and suffering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
This^^  Right up here^^^

There's a "LIKE" button.

Try it out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 10:17:47 AM »
Colin is doing it because he knows his ass is about to get cut.  He's trying to make it as hard as possible to get rid of him now.

49ers don't start him?  It's because they racist.  49ers cut him?  It's because he stood up for black people so they must be racist. 

Racism is the hottest topic in the media right now, he's doing what his agent told him to do.  Doesn't hurt that his girl is with BLM.

Yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
Here's my thoughts. I agree with his right to free speech. How can we be up in arms over this when they have taken the pledge out of our schools? On the other hand, I hate him and anyone else that disrespects our anthem and or flag. To see these blithering idiots on TV stepping on the flag, makes me livid.

If you don't like this country then leave!!

#onlyblackrightsmatterrightnow

If it was a white guy who during an on the field ceremony honoring MLK day and turn his back or Sat down, he would be labeled a racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »
There's a "LIKE" button.

Try it out!
^^^This^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 11:46:51 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »
or the other thing.

Ohhhhh, I'm sorry.  The correct response was:

"And like this, and uh"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions