Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If I do not stand for the national anthem...

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: If I do not stand for the national anthem...
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I say again, that what Kraperdink has started, has done zero to make race relations better and only served to widen the divide in this country.  To be clear, no one can really question his, or anyone else's right to "protest" in that manner.  However, people need to understand and recognize that the manner in which he has chosen to do so is highly offensive and disrespectful to not a minority, but a huge faction of our society.  But unfortunately, we've come to a point in that same society where only minorities have the right to be offended.

I saw an article last week where a restaurant owner made a doormat out of a Kraperdink jersey.  In reading it, I only got as far as seeing the comments from one "former" patron who said he found that offensive and accused the owner of racism.  Now, admittedly I stopped reading and did not continue to see the owner's motivation behind his actions.  But let's assume for a second that it was due to the obvious reason of being offended by Kraperdink's manner of protest and his interpretation that it's disrespectful to the flag and our country.  The problem is that any push back against that is automatically deemed as racist and an affront to minorities.   

It's just getting worse by the day.

There is no constructional dialogue with many blacks. It is all about color first. The oppression fabricated by the media is upheld at a level of misinformation that I have not seen in years. If you try to refute it in any way, you are racist and do not understand due to your white privilege.  Or you are referred to as a typical southern white male, but that's not racist.
I am waiting for the ignorant to join the black panthers and declare war.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »
I say again, that what Kraperdink has started, has done zero to make race relations better and only served to widen the divide in this country.  To be clear, no one can really question his, or anyone else's right to "protest" in that manner.  However, people need to understand and recognize that the manner in which he has chosen to do so is highly offensive and disrespectful to not a minority, but a huge faction of our society.  But unfortunately, we've come to a point in that same society where only minorities have the right to be offended.

I saw an article last week where a restaurant owner made a doormat out of a Kraperdink jersey.  In reading it, I only got as far as seeing the comments from one "former" patron who said he found that offensive and accused the owner of racism.  Now, admittedly I stopped reading and did not continue to see the owner's motivation behind his actions.  But let's assume for a second that it was due to the obvious reason of being offended by Kraperdink's manner of protest and his interpretation that it's disrespectful to the flag and our country.  The problem is that any push back against that is automatically deemed as racist and an affront to minorities.   

I feel its getting worst on a national level basically once again fueled by MSM. To the everyday Joe its just something to shake our head at. Dude across the street from me is black, we hang out, watch football and drink beer, our color doesn't mean anything to either one of us. We are both Ex-military. He thinks CK is a shitbag. He said it just perfectly, " If the guy leading your protest is making 19 million a year he has no rights in regards to being oppressed"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »
There is no constructional dialogue with many blacks. It is all about color first. The oppression fabricated by the media is upheld at a level of misinformation that I have not seen in years. If you try to refute it in any way, you are racist and do not understand due to your white privilege.  Or you are referred to as a typical southern white male, but that's not racist.

I think he only has about 100 days left in office?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »

The fact that you would even concern yourself with something that is none of your business shows how much of a racist you really are. I truly think that you only "care" when it comes to winning money for yourself or your white cronies.

Colin would kick your ass in short order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2016, 11:41:06 AM »
The fact that you would even concern yourself with something that is none of your business shows how much of a racist you really are. I truly think that you only "care" when it comes to winning money for yourself or your white cronies.

Colin would kick your ass in short order.

You must be brain damaged.

Wait......what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
You must be brain damaged.

Wait......what?

That's racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

And those want to make things better for everybody are chastised by others of the same color.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »
This should fix it...

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:55:19 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2016, 07:34:34 PM »
Bruce Pearl folks....

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2016/10/auburn_basketball_team_plans_different_protest_stand_national_athem.html

In light of the silent protests taking place across the sports landscape started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem, SEC men's basketball coaches and athletic directors discussed how they wanted to handle such protests, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Bruce Pearl has discussed the protests with Auburn's men's basketball team, whose 13 scholarship players are all African-American, and the players plan to "find a different way to protest" rather than do something during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner before games.

"We're going to continue to stand out for the anthem," junior guard TJ Lang said. "We're going to find a different way to protest and acknowledge the problem that's going on. Just standing, it kind of means a little bit more just with our troops and everything.

"We have people (in the program) who have family that are in the military, in the armed forces who give their life for that flag, so it kind of means a little bit more to us than the police brutality-type deal. I feel like as a team we're coming together, we're going to find a different way to protest, whether it is wearing something or going out in the community and just trying to raise awareness."

Pearl is not one to shy away from weighing in on social or political issues.

The third-year Auburn coach consistently tweets about conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine.

Pearl's had speakers from various backgrounds speak with his team, from basketball Hall of Famers Karl Malone and Charles Barkley, to alleged rape victim Brenda Tracy, to military and law enforcement personnel.

He is continuing to have discussions with Auburn's players about how they intend to address issues that concern them.

"I'm confident that we as a team will respect the flag," Pearl said. "My teams always have stayed out for the national anthem and my teams did it way before 9/11; since I've been a head coach we've always done it. It's sort of been one of our team rules. Yet I recognize the First Amendment, the freedom of speech and understand the possibilities exist.

"But our team is going to honor the flag and we're talking about ways that we can bring awareness through other forms of community service and even protest about the challenges that our young African-Americans face regarding profiling and some of the challenges that law enforcement experience. Our kids have a heightened awareness, as they should."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »
That article has a lot of  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »
Bammers continuous surprise me with their ignaorance of American History. Perhaps real men should leave the country to those pussies who call themselves liberals and leave it to those stoopid young entitlist (sp: isn't a word yet) fucks that seem dead-set on screwing up the Republic. Screw the bammer not standing for the National Anthem and screw their offspring.

https://wethevigilant.com/2016/04/18/top-10-reasons-why-modern-day-liberals-are-manginas/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions