Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Predictions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Predictions
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »
I'm wondering why it couldn't have been just one blind chicken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:54 AM »
Umm....no!  You believe wrong.  Have I ever even hinted that I disagree with mixing things up on offense?

My prediction has been simple.  If a QB steps up, we're going to be pretty damn good.  As in 9, 10 or better. If we get the same shittastic play at that position as we did last year, we're back in the Ham and most likely on another coaching search. 

It's not rocket surgery with Gus.  It's nothing real deep.  It's not outside influences or Jay Jacobs or the BOT or something that changed to realign the stars and the fate of Auburn football back on a dreary night in November 2014.  It's not a change in the quality of hash browns at the Waffle House.  If he gets good QB play, his offense is almost unstoppable.  It's been that way all the way back to his days at Tulsa.  If not, he gets what he got last year.

That's the key, nothing more and nothing less.  His hits and misses are well documented.  And that's on him.

Sooooo....what are you trying to say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
I'm wondering why it couldn't have been just one blind chicken.
2 out of 3 blind chickens enjoy gang rape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
I hate to be the Eeyore, but I think we top 2012 in shittiness.

Between the QB situation, the RB situation, the shaky last couple of seasons, and the brutal schedule...

3-9. Clemson destroys our confidence with a 30+ point beatdown. We "rally" by squeaking past Arkansas State. Lose to A&M & LSU two weeks in a row at home with LSU embarassing us. "Rally" again by narrowly beating LaMo. Lose to MSU. Return from the bye and lose maybe a close one to Arkansas, probably as a direct result of one really stupid mistake. Lose to Old Miss. Are so demoralized by a 2-7 record at this point, we drop the Vandy game. Georgia beats us into liquid. Our 2nd team is able to beat Alabama A&M in our only convincing win of the year. Then Alabama runs the score up 70something to nothing. Gus is fired.

I hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:58:15 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 09:53:35 AM »

It's all about the linebacker play.  Can't you read?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »

Between the QB situation, the RB situation, the shaky last couple of seasons, and the brutal schedule...

3-9. Clemson destroys our confidence with a 30+ point beatdown. We "rally" by squeaking past Arkansas State. Lose to A&M & LSU two weeks in a row at home with LSU embarassing us. "Rally" again by narrowly beating LaMo. Lose to MSU. Return from the bye and lose maybe a close one to Arkansas, probably as a direct result of one really stupid mistake. Lose to Old Miss. Are so demoralized by a 2-6 record, we drop the Vandy game. Georgia beats us into liquid. Our 2nd team is able to beat Alabama A&M in our only convincing win of the year. Then Alabama runs the score up 70something to nothing. Gus is fired.

I hope I'm wrong.

You need to get laid
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

djsimp

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »
It's all about the linebacker play.  Can't you read?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »

How many times do I have to spell it out for you people?  If our receivers step up, we're golden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »

3-9. Clemson destroys our confidence with a 30+ point beatdown. We "rally" by squeaking past Arkansas State. Lose to A&M & LSU two weeks in a row at home with LSU embarassing us. "Rally" again by narrowly beating LaMo. Lose to MSU. Return from the bye and lose maybe a close one to Arkansas, probably as a direct result of one really stupid mistake. Lose to Old Miss. Are so demoralized by a 2-7 record at this point, we drop the Vandy game. Georgia beats us into liquid. Our 2nd team is able to beat Alabama A&M in our only convincing win of the year. Then Alabama runs the score up 70something to nothing. Gus is fired.

I hope I'm wrong.
I think we will be fine.  I think White will be a serviceable QB. I think we won't have a thousand yard runner but the RB's will get it done. 

We aren't going to light the world on fire, but I don't think 7-8 wins is unreasonable.  We had a 6-6 record before the bowl last year and I would argue that we will be improved especially on defense over last year.

There are several teams in the SEC (that we are playing) with more question marks than we have.  aTm, Miss State, UGA.  Like Jarhead said the key game is aTm, we lose that and we are in a world of hurt.  I don't think we will lose it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »
2 out of 3 blind chickens enjoy gang rape.
"If rape is inevitable, you might as well sit back and enjoy it." - Frozen biscuit #1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
How many times do I have to spell it out for you people?  If our receivers step up, we're golden.

Its all about the QB, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
"If rape is inevitable, you might as well sit back and enjoy it." - Frozen biscuit #1

But he likes mustard with his biscuit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 10:41:16 AM »
Good observation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
I think we will be fine.  I think White will be a serviceable QB. I think we won't have a thousand yard runner but the RB's will get it done. 

We aren't going to light the world on fire, but I don't think 7-8 wins is unreasonable.  We had a 6-6 record before the bowl last year and I would argue that we will be improved especially on defense over last year.

There are several teams in the SEC (that we are playing) with more question marks than we have.  aTm, Miss State, UGA.  Like Jarhead said the key game is aTm, we lose that and we are in a world of hurt.  I don't think we will lose it.

A rational take. I would differ in that I think we do get a 1,000 yard rusher.  Our O-line is really good up the middle and Malzahn's system is set up for it.  I keep going back to Barber last year.  He had no vision whatsoever.  Oh my God, I'm blind!  He wound up sharing carries with JR down the stretch and still got 1,000.

As for White, here's what we have as a sampling of his work from last year. Yesterday, the SEC Network was replaying some games from last year and I watched a good bit of MSU and Arky.  In his first start against MSU, he was 20-28 and 188 yards.  Obviously it was a lot of short passes but one thing was clear, AU didn't pick up a blitz the entire night and if he did try and stand in the pocket, he got hammered time and time again.

Against UK on the road, he was 17-28 for 255.  Solid in the win. Then the what shoulda'/coulda' been game against the Hawgs on the road.  19-34 for 254. How many dropped passes down field?  10?

So....obviously JJ will be the starter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
An above average run game was also a key component to that QB play. Without it, too much will be expected from White and others. It's not all about the QB.
Don't get dragged down to his level. You've already won.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2016, 11:01:19 AM »
Again, we beat Clemson and finish with a very respectable 9 win season for this schedule.

And after we do, I'm taking my talents to a new website with true Auburn men who actually know something about football.

3-9?  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »
Again, we beat Clemson and finish with a very respectable 9 win season for this schedule.

And after we do, I'm taking my talents to a new website with true Auburn men who actually know something about football.

3-9?  :facepalm:
Hope you are right.  I just don't see us beating Clemson. I think it will be closer than most expect, that we will be competitive and how we play will be a foreshadow of the season. 

I do agree with you that it is a critical game, but to me not as pivotal as the aTm game. 

How do you see us beating Clemson, I have tried to run all the scenarios and I can't get there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
You need to get laid

He can't yet....the stitches aren't healed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »
Hope you are right.  I just don't see us beating Clemson. I think it will be closer than most expect, that we will be competitive and how we play will be a foreshadow of the season. 

I do agree with you that it is a critical game, but to me not as pivotal as the aTm game. 

How do you see us beating Clemson, I have tried to run all the scenarios and I can't get there.
Remember 89 Iron Bowl? Not saying that level but I'm hoping for a similar attitude by our boys.

We just have to take it to them and be more physical. They are a better team than us on paper but not that much better. We have as much talent, they just have a proven QB.

I'm depending on winning turnover margin and lots of pressure by our D line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2016, 11:32:26 AM »

Did you run the Zika sim?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions