No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Predictions
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »
Quarter of a century.

Yeah well. When it gets to be one score and five years, let me know!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 07:07:22 PM »
Quarter of a century.
Good observation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
Quarter of a century.

Would that be in the year 2525?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 01:13:47 PM »
Quarter of a century.
Not saying that I don't trust your math skill but I'd prefer that Chizzy double check this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »
The further along they get into summer practices without naming a starter the more my predictions lean to 5 or 6 wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
The further along they get into summer practices without naming a starter the more my predictions lean to 5 or 6 wins.

Was just thinking the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »

The common man can afford the B'ham bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Starship

• "Jane you say its all over for you and me girl"
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
if we lose by more than 10 in the opener gus is gonna have a hard time keeping this team together hell we just might experience a season that makes 2012 look like a championship season. the whole oh yeah "D's looking good crap reminds me too much of 2012 when all Chiz had to say was "welp we had a great week of practice"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »
if we lose by more than 10 in the opener gus is gonna have a hard time keeping this team together hell we just might experience a season that makes 2012 look like a championship season. the whole oh yeah "D's looking good crap reminds me too much of 2012 when all Chiz had to say was "welp we had a great week of practice"

So, you'd rather the D look as hopeless as the QB situation right now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
So, you'd rather the D look as hopeless as the QB situation right now?

No. I think people are just expressing well-founded trepidation.  There are plenty of reasons to doubt an offense that looked unstoppable in 2010 and 2013, looked pretty damn good for most of 2014 and 2009 but has also looked like two blind chickens fucking a frozen biscuit most of the rest of the time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »
No. I think people are just expressing well-founded trepidation.  There are plenty of reasons to doubt an offense that looked unstoppable in 2010 and 2013, looked pretty damn good for most of 2014 and 2009 but has also looked like two blind chickens fucking a frozen biscuit most of the rest of the time.

He speaks for all of us. ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »
looked like two blind chickens fudgeing a frozen biscuit most of the rest of the time

Faulkner-esque
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

No.  Did I say anything about offense?  I'm addressing this statement from hit and run Starship.

"the whole oh yeah "D's looking good crap"

Most have simply said the defense could be pretty good.  So, because many think we'll be improved on defense, that equates to "We're gonna' suck like 2012"?

Yeah, okay.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »
No.  Did I say anything about offense?  I'm addressing this statement from hit and run Starship.

"the whole oh yeah "D's looking good crap"

Most have simply said the defense could be pretty good.  So, because many think we'll be improved on defense, that equates to "We're gonna' suck like 2012"?

Yeah, okay.
Kaos won.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2016, 01:39:16 AM »
Kaos won.
Not so fast.
We can have a NEAR shutdown D similar to some LSU had in recent years just not go Les Miles brain-dead in some kind of a contest of wills between two proud institutions in an epic struggle for liberty and justice for all.
In other words, throw the goddamned ball and do some things to keep the opposing D's guessing.

This is what I think K alluded to several days ago w/o the Miles reference. Snaggle, I believe disagreed. So yeah Kaos wins.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:01:39 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2016, 06:24:38 AM »
Not so fast.
We can have a NEAR shutdown D similar to some LSU had in recent years just not go Les Miles brain-dead in some kind of a contest of wills between two proud institutions in an epic struggle for liberty and justice for all.
In other words, throw the goddamned ball and do some things to keep the opposing D's guessing.

This is what I think K alluded to several days ago w/o the Miles reference. Snaggle, I believe disagreed. So yeah Kaos wins.

Umm....no!  You believe wrong.  Have I ever even hinted that I disagree with mixing things up on offense?

My prediction has been simple.  If a QB steps up, we're going to be pretty damn good.  As in 9, 10 or better. If we get the same shittastic play at that position as we did last year, we're back in the Ham and most likely on another coaching search. 

It's not rocket surgery with Gus.  It's nothing real deep.  It's not outside influences or Jay Jacobs or the BOT or something that changed to realign the stars and the fate of Auburn football back on a dreary night in November 2014.  It's not a change in the quality of hash browns at the Waffle House.  If he gets good QB play, his offense is almost unstoppable.  It's been that way all the way back to his days at Tulsa.  If not, he gets what he got last year.

That's the key, nothing more and nothing less.  His hits and misses are well documented.  And that's on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2016, 08:21:26 AM »
Umm....no!  You believe wrong.  Have I ever even hinted that I disagree with mixing things up on offense?

My prediction has been simple.  If a QB steps up, we're going to be pretty damn good.  As in 9, 10 or better. If we get the same shittastic play at that position as we did last year, we're back in the Ham and most likely on another coaching search. 

It's not rocket surgery with Gus.  It's nothing real deep.  It's not outside influences or Jay Jacobs or the BOT or something that changed to realign the stars and the fate of Auburn football back on a dreary night in November 2014.  It's not a change in the quality of hash browns at the Waffle House.  If he gets good QB play, his offense is almost unstoppable.  It's been that way all the way back to his days at Tulsa.  If not, he gets what he got last year.

That's the key, nothing more and nothing less.  His hits and misses are well documented.  And that's on him.
An above average run game was also a key component to that QB play. Without it, too much will be expected from White and others. It's not all about the QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »
All we need is a shutdown defense and Cam lite.  Championship!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2016, 08:48:43 AM »
LOUD NOISES!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions