Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

High school football shit

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: High school football shit
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2016, 11:17:31 PM »
Went to check out 6A Dothan vs. 5A powerhouse, St. Paul Saints.  First off, the 2 6A football teams here in Dothan, Northview and Dothan High....suck!  I've seen both play and they've got big, physical looking kids.  They suck!  St. Paul brought 50-60 kids over. 90% white kids.  Nothing at all imposing.  Linemen on both sides were 220 to 260.  Early on, I thought if this team is one of the better teams in 5A, it's not a very strong division.  Wrong!

Talk about a well coached, fundamentally sound team.  Plus, they have a beautifully conceived offense.  Nice mix of run and play action and...listen up Auburn....they hit the tight end on numerous occasions for huge gains.  Fun team to watch.

As for Ryan Johnson, the DE that's getting hard looks from tons of D1 schools, including Auburn.  BTW, he'll be on the Planes tomorrow.  He's 6'4" 255.  He's someone you walk in the stadium and immediately go, "Okay, that's the guy." He unloads well.  Damn fine looking specimen.  In addition to that, he ain't worth a shit. Now let me clear...he wasn't worth a shit tonight.  There were 4 of us, all AU fans watching him.  No one was impressed.  I saw him make 2 tackles.  I saw him stop every time the play didn't come his way.  I never saw him near the QB, and Dothan threw a lot. 

Maybe he took the night off because they owned Dothan from the opening bell.  I hope so.  I think back to last year when my BIL's sorry ass country 5A team played Marlon Davidson and he said their little tackle stoned his ass.  He's sort of turned out okay.  I hope there's more to this kid than what I saw tonight.  He may turn out to be a monster. Lord knows, he's got the build for it.  But, I wasted money if I went to see this kid play tonight.
So, what you're trying to say is that the showers were off limits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2016, 11:20:02 PM »
So, what you're trying to say is that the showers were off limits?

The showers are never off limits.

Sincerely,

Snagdusky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
Minor is toppling the bejesus out of Gardendale...fuckin Minor Tigers.

I see two more losses for CC. Gardendale and Minor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »
Undefeated Enterprise travels to Phenix City tonight.  Time to see if the Wildcats are just Mildcats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »
Clay/Chalkville travels to Gardendale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: High school football shoot
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »
The Huskies of Hewitt take on Bob Jones tonight in a 7a Region 7 battle.  I just don't know how he thinks he's gonna be able to stop 11 guys on the other side.  #huskyfast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »
The Huskies of Hewitt take on Bob Jones tonight in a 7a Region 7 battle.  I just don't know how he thinks he's gonna be able to stop 11 guys on the other side.  #huskyfast

He cloned himself, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »
He cloned himself, duh.

Well, he did a pretty good job.  Huskies take it 59-49 though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »
I see two more losses for CC. Gardendale and Minor.
Nope, Minor will probably get CC.

Gardendale's three losses...Minor, Chelsea, & Clay-Chalkville
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2016, 12:03:52 AM »
In Big Boy Football, the Wiregrass sucks.  Have forevah.  We've had tons of State Championships in the 2A and down classes.  But, if you start getting into 5A and up.  We Suuuuck!!!  Dothan and Northview are soft and just plain aweful.  I watched Enterprise a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed.  Good size.  Speed.  Solid QB.  Senior playmakers.  They were 6-0 with wins over Prattville and Jeff Davis.  Went on the road to Central-Phenix City and got bitch slapped by 20.  Same old story.  Not ready for prime time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2016, 07:59:27 AM »
In Big Boy Football, the Wiregrass sucks.  Have forevah.  We've had tons of State Championships in the 2A and down classes.  But, if you start getting into 5A and up.  We Suuuuck!!!  Dothan and Northview are soft and just plain aweful.  I watched Enterprise a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed.  Good size.  Speed.  Solid QB.  Senior playmakers.  They were 6-0 with wins over Prattville and Jeff Davis.  Went on the road to Central-Phenix City and got bitch slapped by 20.  Same old story.  Not ready for prime time.

And I was there. And it was really worse than that. Central gave them three turnovers in redzone in the first quarter alone - 2 of them within the 10 yard line. They managed 14 points off those. Without that it's probably a 55-7 type game. So much for the enterprise hype train. Not sure on JD but I think prattville is just that bad.

They had their moments last night but you could see an obvious talent and size discrepancy. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:02:13 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2016, 03:07:14 PM »
And I was there. And it was really worse than that. Central gave them three turnovers in redzone in the first quarter alone - 2 of them within the 10 yard line. They managed 14 points off those. Without that it's probably a 55-7 type game. So much for the enterprise hype train. Not sure on JD but I think prattville is just that bad.

They had their moments last night but you could see an obvious talent and size discrepancy.

Hey. Wait a minute. PHS is just rebuilding. It happens once every ten years!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2016, 02:41:12 AM »
Nope, Minor will probably get CC.

Gardendale's three losses...Minor, Chelsea, & Clay-Chalkville

I'm surprised really. CC has aLOT of young players and have shown no sign ofa defense. Minor may very well take them though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
Hey. Wait a minute. PHS is just rebuilding. It happens once every ten years!

If this is a rebuild, it sounds like Katrina leveled the house because you guys are at the pouring the quikcrete phase at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2016, 04:08:23 PM »
If this is a rebuild, it sounds like Katrina leveled the house because you guys are at the pouring the quikcrete phase at the moment.

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »

You waited ten years to get that shot in. I understand.

Our revenge will be epic!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
Well, he did a pretty good job.  Huskies take it 59-49 though.
Imagine what would have happened if there were 2 Bobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »
Imagine what would have happened if there were 2 Bobs.
Lemme get back to you, Lumbergh.  I got a meeting with the Bobs in 5 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
You waited ten years to get that shot in. I understand.

Our revenge will be epic!

Jamey Dubose left for a better job. It happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:24 AM »
Jamey Dubose left for a better job. It happens.

Actually he didn't. He did leave that job for a better one. And then immediately left that job for PC. So he does have a good job now. As long as he can keep his recruiting tactics hush hush. PHS hated to see him go! But there was no choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions