Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2016 AU Spring Training

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 2016 AU Spring Training
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
In AU history,  how many TEs started 4 years?

We always had really good TEs backing up really good TEs.

I would put Shine up against Lutz any day. Different type of TEs though!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »
Andy Fuller says hello as does Fred Baxter and Robert Johnson.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »

Lorenzo Diamond's woman will put a bullet in yo ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »
Lorenzo Diamond's woman will put a bullet in yo ass.

That would be a bullet in yo tight end.  Mmmm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »
That would be a bullet in yo tight end.  Mmmm...

Not to put too fine a point on it
Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2016, 12:21:37 AM »
Saw where Brodarious Hamm has cancer. 

Dammit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 08:43:34 AM »
So, #16 is so good he doesn't even need a center.  Heisman!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »
Saw where Brodarious Hamm has cancer. 

Dammit.

Peace to him and his fam. Too many young people getting the C these days. What is it? Powerlines?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2016, 01:25:18 PM »
Peace to him and his fam. Too many young people getting the C these days. What is it? Powerlines?

To save some money JJ had the new Indoor practice facility built on an Old Indian burial ground. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »
http://www.scout.com/college/auburn/story/1654450-dean-making-an-impact-in-auburn-secondary

Big Cornerback Jamel Dean Is A Player That Has Impressed His Auburn Coaches And Teammates This Spring

JASON CALDWELL

Transferring in from Ohio State, Jamel Dean's progress gives the Tigers another physical cornerback heading into the 2016 season.

Auburn, Ala.--Impressive last season when he manned the scout team secondary for the Auburn Tigers while sitting out after transferring in from Ohio State as a freshman, big cornerback Jamel Dean has picked up where he left off this spring and so far has been one of the bright spots for the Tigers spring football practice.

With returning starter Carlton Davis expected to be one of the best players at his position in the Southeastern Conference, new secondary Coach Wesley McGriff is looking for someone to step up on the other side and right now Dean is locked in a battle to earn that spot. With guys like Javaris Davis, walk-on Mike Sherwood and true freshman John Broussard also seeing action there, Coach Gus Malzahn said so far Dean has shown he has got the ability to be a big-time player for the Tigers.
“He has a lot of talent,” Malzahn said. “He can run. He' i a physical guy. He really caught our attention in bowl practice when we did some scrimmaging and he's carried it over into spring. Coach McGriff, I know is pleased with him right now. He's a young guy, he's still learning but his attitude is good and he's got a lot of talent.”

A player who dealt with a pair of knee injuries at Cocoa, Fla., High School, Dean enrolled at Ohio State last January, but the Buckeyes never cleared him medically to play and instead wanted him to take a medical hardship redshirt scholarship. That would have ended Dean’s playing career before it began.
Instead he decided to look elsewhere for a home and found that at Auburn. Getting being cleared medically by Dr. James Andrews early last summer he was already running and looking good physically when he arrived on campus. Malzahn said the Tigers researched everything with Dean and decided he was going to be good to go, something that ended up being true.

“You do your homework on him and you make a decision,” Malzahn said. “We felt great about him. He’s been very good since he’s been here. He’s got a chance to be a great player.”

Now Dean is part of a secondary that should be one of the strengths for the Auburn defense heading into the 2016 season. Getting veterans Josh Holsey and T.J. Davis back from knee injuries that kept them out all of last season, having the very productive Rudy Ford capable of playing either safety or nickel while also having a group of safeties such as Stephen Roberts, Nick Ruffin and Tray Matthews to work with Auburn’s group has a chance to be productive.

When you factor all that in with Carlton Davis on one side and potentially Dean on the other, Ruffin said it’s fun to think about the possibilities.

“He’s good,” Ruffin said of Dean. “He is looking very good. He’s a very physical corner. He’s long, lanky, much like Carlton. Having guys with that kind of size, physicality and length is not something every school has the luxury of. It should definitely play into our favor.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032316aaa.html

AUBURN'S TONY STEVENS HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. -- Kodi Burns bought in when he moved from an Auburn quarterback to an Auburn wide receiver on the way to the 2010 national championship.

Now, Auburn's newest coach is teaching a new era of Auburn wide receivers to follow his lead, to catch passes, sure, like he did in the national title game; but also to block down field, like he did on any given Saturday.

Tony Stevens says he sees an opportunity by following Burns' advice in spring practice.

"He's out there like he's one of us. He's really hands-on," Stevens said. "He shows it, and then we do it. He does receiver drills that I've never done before, ball drills on the floor and even before practice he's out there coming up to us one-on-one and doing drills with us. I think it's going to be a big help."

Burns is only 5½ years removed from his last college season. Stevens figures he better listen.

"He brings the energy," Stevens said. "He makes us be physical. I think that's what he's coaching -- that's his main focus right now."

Being physical could be Stevens' ticket at a position where opportunities exist. The Tigers must replace Ricardo Louis and Melvin Ray. Stevens, now a senior, is the second-leading returning receiver to Marcus Davis. Davis had 40 catches last season. Stevens had 14 catches for 159 yards.

He says he's ready to add on.

"You never know when you're time is going to come," he said. "So every time in practice I always practice like 'I'm going get ready to play.' I feel like I'm ready. Since last year, like the perfect moment, like Kentucky -- my first game out there -- I was ready because I was prepared for it. Now I'm preparing for Clemson."

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Stevens says one of his strengths is his size. And, "people don't think I'm fast, but once I get up on you, you'll see how fast I am. I think one of my weaknesses is probably me being a leader. I have to be more vocal out there. I know for a fact from last year to now that people been looking up to me, so I have to be more vocal."

Stevens is on the receiving end of a quarterback race that features Sean White and Jeremy Johnson, both of whom started last season; and newcomer and junior college transfer John Franklin III. Stevens said each has a "tremendous arm."

"All of them can get it down the field 60 yards plus. All of them are accurate," Stevens said. "I throw with all of them in the offseason. They're all leaders, they all want to win, and competition brings out the best in people, so I see the best in them."

Stevens said Franklin has reminded him of Nick Marshall in Auburn's first six spring practices.

"I see a lot of similarities. Their quickness, their shifty-ness, their speed obviously to get outside, the arm strength - they both have the same arm strength," Stevens said.

"He's a leader. As soon as he got here he texted all the receivers 'let's get it, let's go throw on his own time.' Usually the receivers will text the quarterbacks 'let's go throw.' He texted us and wanted to be there, what he wanted to do and how he wanted it. He's pretty much a leader in my eyes. On the field, you can see he's having fun out there. He's already at home."

Stevens said he was surprised that Franklin rounded up the receivers so quickly.

"He got us in a group message and I was like, 'How did he get all of our numbers?'"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »

^

Shitty effort at name dropping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2016, 07:38:31 PM »
^

shootty effort at name dropping.
^

do you have an inherent need to prove what a prick you are?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:43:19 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »
^

^

Shitty attempt at skin thickening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
^

nonsense, he's a tremendous prick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
^

He doesn't have to prove anything about being a prick to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »
JJ6 for Heisman!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.