Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2016 AU Spring Training

jmar

Re: 2016 AU Spring Training
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
Dude. You really should just stick to talking politics with the left wing gay guys. Let me handle the football decisions.

You didn't do shit to help the team last year and all you ever want to do is move people to play defense. It can be a third team OG and you want to try him at db. Your consulting sucks.
Just want our best skilled guys against the other teams best. Plus I want ours to have a chance to develop in the position that allows them to continue playing football after Auburn as in the case of Kerryon. You need to lean on our geniuses and make them produce some offense like they were hired to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
Just want our best skilled guys against the other teams best. Plus I want ours to have a chance to develop in the position that allows them to continue playing football after Auburn as in the case of Kerryon. You need to lean on our geniuses and make them produce some offense like they were hired to do.
Our genius better find someone who can recruit and develop QBs AND someone to put a half assed defense on the field. If not, he won't be our genius for much longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2016, 11:11:46 PM »
Our genius better find someone who can recruit and develop QBs AND someone to put a half assed defense on the field. If not, he won't be our genius for much longer.

Door = nailed shut
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »
Warning...BIL story to follow.

He hit practice last week during a coaches clinic.  Quick bullet points.

*Sean White ran the first team O all day.  Clifford Franklin VII was with the 3's. A little bigger than he thought.  Damn quick.

^ Tony Stevens looked damn good and is easily the best out there right now.  Tall, fast and intense.  Kyle Davis still in non-contact jersey but it's clear the guy is a physical freak.

% Marlon Davidson ran with the 1's on D a lot.  He and Paul James look to 1A and 1B.  Said Davidson has obviously been putting in the work in the gym.

$ Two Avious' were blowing shit up inside.  Especially Dontavious Russell.  May be a special year for him. Prince Wooga Booga Tenaho Moga is a scary looking athlete but still very mechanical and learning the game.  Coaches said he'll be bad ass when he can quit thinking so much and just let it go.

+ Kevin Steele talked to them a lot and was surprisingly open about everything, especially his time at LSU.  Said no doubt Miles was gone and they were just about set to announce Jimbo Fisher til somebody stepped in.  But first sign of trouble or a sub par season and he gone..sharpish.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »
https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/gus-malzahn-impressed-with-quarterback-john-franklin-iii
This makes me feel better. Especially with how right he was about Keihl Frazier and Jeremy Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
This makes me feel better. Especially with how right he was about Keihl Frazier and Jeremy Johnson.

Thanks. Another sunshine pumping post from Captain Positive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »
Thanks. Another sunshine pumping post from Captain Positive.
He obviously didn't get the memo.

JFIII at QB...10-3 with a win in a big bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article69619542.html

I will streak to midfield at the last home game if this team averages giving up 14 or less a game this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2016, 02:47:45 PM »
I will streak to midfield at the last home game if this team averages giving up 14 or less a game this season.

The eagle is the only bird that needs to fly in JHS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »

Prepare your attire or the lack thereof
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2016, 08:23:26 AM »
I could actually see them averaging somewhere in the lower 20s, and if Gus can get his act together on offense, which I hope is the case, that could lead to a somewhat special year.  I'm hard on Gus for last year but this is the year he truly has no excuses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »
I could actually see them averaging somewhere in the lower 20s, and if Gus can get his act together on offense, which I hope is the case, that could lead to a somewhat special year.  I'm hard on Gus for last year but this is the year he truly has no excuses.

I have lost all faith in the offense unfortunately...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:36 AM »
I have lost all faith in the offense unfortunately...
Thats what I'm scared of. I'm thinking it could be like 2008 where our defense kept us in games for the most part, but the offense couldn't get over the hump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2016, 04:14:38 PM »
With the addition of Marshall Taylor, I think it's safe to say that the DB's are the deepest group on the roster.  And pretty doggone experienced, to boot.  There's 16 DB's listed on the roster, not including walk-ons.  9 of those are 6 foot or better.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »
With the addition of Marshall Taylor, I think it's safe to say that the DB's are the deepest group on the roster.  And pretty doggone experienced, to boot.  There's 16 DB's listed on the roster, not including walk-ons.  9 of those are 6 foot or better.   

Depth on the DL is great, too.

I'm totally expecting a different defense this year.  Avg should be under 22...which should be more than ample.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »
Depth on the DL is great, too.

I'm totally expecting a different defense this year.  Avg should be under 22...which should be more than ample.

No question. Granted, Deshaun Watson may put us behind the 8-ball right off the bat in achieving that average.  He made a believer out of me. 

Here's where I see the upgrades over last season. With a healthy Lawson, Byron Cowart and the addition of Paul James and any number of incoming DE types (Again, Marlon Davidson has been looking good this spring) that should give them a legit pass rush off both edges.  It should also allow Devaroe Lawrence to move back inside, where I think he's better suited at 280+.  It looks like they'll be mega-experienced inside with 5-6 guys they can consistently rotate.

I can't honestly say LB will or won't be an upgrade with several of the players being inexperienced.  But after seeing the combine/pro-day times of McKinzy and Frost, just getting some guys back there that can run would be a plus.  And the transfer from Illi has to help.

Thinking back, I can't recall the last time we went into a season with any DB that I thought was legit All-Murrica' material.  2004 Carlos Rogers? Carlton Davis gives me chub.  I like him soooo much.  Hopefully Holsey is back to 100% by the Fall.  If so, you're talking Davis, Holsey, Rudi, Tray, Irvin, Dinson, Roberts, transfers Jamel Dean and Marshall Taylor etc.  If you can't put a head hunting, lock down group on the field out of that bunch...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:14:45 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
I cannot decide if you know less about democracy or football.
I can decide...you don't know anything about either. But hey, keep trying, you might get it one day...might.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs