Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2016 AU Spring Training

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: 2016 AU Spring Training
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
Pretty good read. Also, Snag it was Carl Lawson who said that about Muschamps scream coaching.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/PMARSHONAU-Has-the-time-finally-come-for-Auburns-defense-44198162
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
2003 = Nallsminger

2004 = Al Borges
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
2003 = Nallsminger

2004 = Al Borges

Format = knows
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Currently, Franklin has only two throws: the out and the deep pass. Both of these he does incredibly well. He struggles on timing routes such as slants.
Shiiiit Negro, this is all you had to say.  We got this now. 

Jovon up the middle on 1st, Jovon off tackle on 2nd, Deep bomb downfield on 3rd.  #championship!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »
Shiiiit Negro, this is all you had to say.  We got this now. 

Jovon up the middle on 1st, Jovon off tackle on 2nd, Deep bomb downfield on 3rd.  #championship!
Thats a great plan for the first half of games, but what do we do when Gus benches Jovon in the second half?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »
Thats a great plan for the first half of games, but what do we do when Gus benches Jovon in the second half?
We have a new second half offense that Gus plans to unveil this season. It is called the second half offense. It will be spectacular. This offense is specifically designed for the second half, which means that it should never be used in the first half.

He is a genius.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »

Chandler Cox lines up at the Wildcat spot.  He takes the snap, he runs right.  Loss of two.
Jeremy Johnson comes back in at QB.  He takes the snap, runs up the gut...gain of 3.
JFIII comes in at QB.  He takes the snap, drops back.  It's the statue of Liberty fake.  He heaves the ball 50 yards downfield.  Incomplete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Chandler Cox lines up at the Wildcat spot.  He takes the snap, he runs right.  Loss of two.
Jeremy Johnson comes back in at QB.  He takes the snap, runs up the gut...gain of 3.
JFIII comes in at QB.  He takes the snap, drops back.  It's the statue of Liberty fake.  He heaves the ball 50 yards downfield.  Incomplete.

He's seen the future.

A WITCH!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »

Why not bring JJ in on the 3rd down play, It will save us having to punt on 4th down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »

Why not bring JJ in on the 3rd down play, It will save us having to punt on 4th down.

Dammit! You found the 4th quarter handbook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »
He's seen the future.

A WITCH!!!!!

BURN HIM!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article66462627.html

War Eagle Extra Mailbag: John Franklin III, offensive struggles and the depth chart

BY MICHAEL NIZIOLEK

AUBURN
Two weeks of spring practice are in the books for Auburn. The team will get a nice 11 day break before returning to the field on March 22 for 10 more practices including A-Day.

Time to open the mailbag and answer some reader questions:

Q: How quickly is JF3 getting acquainted with the playbook? Could auburn potentially have a Heisman dark horse in Jovon Robinson? (@anderdw88)

Answer — Gus Malzahn talked about the first part of Dean’s question on Thursday crediting John Franklin III for doing a nice job learning Auburn’s offense. Franklin’s focus during the team’s first five practices has been getting his timing down.

Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee has yet to meet with the media this spring to offer his perspective on the junior college transfer.

Auburn opened a portion of two practices, but much of the viewing window is limited to watching players go through individual drills and stretching. It’s easy to see Franklin is the kind of highly touted athlete everyone expected, but it’s hard to say how comfortable he is running the offense just yet.

As for Jovon Robinson, I think it would be a stretch to see him a Heisman candidate. The coaching staff seems reluctant to still make him the team’s No. 1 back even with the way he finished the season last year. It’s hard to see Robinson getting the kind of work load Derrick Henry did last year for Alabama.

Q: Will Paul James III be starting or getting a lot of reps at the LB or the DE position? (@joshknox31)

Answer — James missed Auburn’s first three practices of the spring with a minor leg injury. The junior college transfer out of Copiah-Lincoln had 14 sacks as one of the team’s defensive ends.

The coaching staff hasn’t addressed James’ position specifically, but didn’t mention the 6-foot-4, 258-pounder when discussing the team’s lack of depth at linebacker. Auburn wants pass rushers up front and James fits the bill.

Q: Did Raashed Kennion get moved to outside linebacker? (@hairyhipey)

Answer — Former Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp used Kennion at the Buck position, a hybrid end that functions in certain plays as an outside linebacker.

Kennion was at linebacker Tuesday during the open viewing window Tuesday with the first team during 11 on 11 two-minute type drills.

Q: Who do you think has the better chance to come in immediately and make an impact: Nate-Craig or Kyle Davis? (@blake_benson38)

Answer — The easy answer would by Davis. The early enrollee is already on campus going through spring practice and that gives him an advantage over the equally-talented Nate-Craig Myers.

Davis is still recovering from a shoulder injury, so he’s worn an orange no-contact jersey through Auburn’s five practices this spring, but he’s still taking reps and learning the offense.

Both will get the chance to play, but as long as Davis’ shoulder heals up quickly he has the inside track.

Q: Auburn seems to have gotten away from its hurry up offense. How do they change that?

Answer — Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has talked about this multiple times this spring. He wants to make tempo a priority with the way the team practices. Malzahn has also discussed tweaking the offense — he used substitutions as an example — to speed up the Tigers’ pace of play.

The fall off from two years ago in terms of number of plays isn’t as significant as you would think (only four plays), but Auburn’s general lack of rhythm offensively made their slower pace more pronounced.

Q: When are we going to start going after taller and bigger running backs? (@vinesdonald1)

Answer — I don’t think the size of Auburn’s running backs is much of an issue. Malzahn had success with Cameron Artis-Payne (5-foot-11, 210-pounds) and Tre Mason (5-foot-10, 205-pounds) who both had similar builds to current players Roc Thomas (5-foot-10, 203-pounds) and Kerryon Johnson (6-foot-0, 195-pounds). Jovon Robinson also has plenty of size on him measuring in at 6-foot-0, 230 pounds.

Q: Would this starting lineup work Franklin (QB), Robinson (RB), Davis and Craig-Myers (WR), Roc Thomas and Jason Smith (Slot)? How could you not score? (@kaveouspreston)

Answer — Roc Thomas isn’t moving to the slot with Peyton Barber going into the draft. Cold we see the rest of that group line up together? It’s possible. With so much time until Auburn kicks off against Clemson on Sept. 3, the guessing game related to the lineup will continue for months to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
I'm with whoever submitted the 6th question.  I have been screaming for taller running backs for I don't know how long.  Damn it, if Malzahn would get his head out of his ass, he'd realize a couple of 6'7" running backs are what this team needs to get over the hump.  Why doesn't he see this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 12:22:58 PM »
I'm with whoever submitted the 6th question.  I have been screaming for taller running backs for I don't know how long.  Damn it, if Malzahn would get his head out of his ass, he'd realize a couple of 6'7" running backs are what this team needs to get over the hump.  Why doesn't he see this?

People in the lower rows couldn't see over their heads as they stayed on the sidelines?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »

The 6'7" guys don't practice well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »
The 6'7" guys don't practice well.

I thought the taller guys practiced very well, just in games their brains go out their asses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 03:51:35 PM »
I thought the taller guys practiced very well, just in games their brains go out their asses?

Not so. They just get moved to TE and no one ever hears from them again until they announce their transfer!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 04:51:01 PM »
CAREER -- Ranks first in touchdowns by a tight end in Auburn history with 14 ... Holds AU single-season record for touchdowns by a tight end with seven (2011) ... Three career game-winning touchdowns (South Carolina - 2010/11, Alabama -2010)

This is a bit from the book of Lutzy.  He played from 2009 to 2012 but 12' was what it was...God awful...and he was hurt, so most of his numbers came under Malzahn.  So, the question is what has changed?  Was he just that much better than anything we've had since then?  So much so that they don't even try to use a TE in the offense now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »
CAREER -- Ranks first in touchdowns by a tight end in Auburn history with 14 ... Holds AU single-season record for touchdowns by a tight end with seven (2011) ... Three career game-winning touchdowns (South Carolina - 2010/11, Alabama -2010)

This is a bit from the book of Lutzy.  He played from 2009 to 2012 but 12' was what it was...God awful...and he was hurt, so most of his numbers came under Malzahn.  So, the question is what has changed?  Was he just that much better than anything we've had since then?  So much so that they don't even try to use a TE in the offense now?

For whatever reason I don't think Uzomah was given many chances, He had some big catches (Miss state) and he was a big body. One of the many $64 million dollar question that has us pondering about Gus/Rhett monster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions