Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's the Republican front runner...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Here's the Republican front runner...
« Reply #1400 on: May 10, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
 :facepalm:
Ok. I'm still not. It is irrelevant to the argument I'm making. Taking that stance is not "middle ground" between what I'm saying and anything else, because IT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

And here's the thing: Apparently, some of you are taking the ostrich defense plan and saying that if you pretend a thing is not real then everyone will just ignore it and move on, when in reality, what you have both just stated is evidence to the contrary. I know, evidence, right? Who needs it!

If you (and Trump and the GOP and whoever) can't say "Yes, man made climate change is real, and here's what I propose we do about it", and then explain your moderate conservative approach to MODERATELY move to other fuel sources, including the aforementioned fracking and nuclear energy liberals hate, you are essentially just giving them justified reason to ignore your input altogether.

Dems: "The earth is round, so I propose going west would be the quickest route to Japan from here."
GOP: "SCIENCE DON'T KNOW SHIT! EARTH'S FLAT, THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO! FUCK SCIENCE!"
Dems: "Ok, idiot. You stay here, I'm going to Japan.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1401 on: May 10, 2016, 03:33:55 PM »
Obama is going to Hiroshima.  He'll probably apologize.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1402 on: May 10, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
Ok. I'm still not. It is irrelevant to the argument I'm making. Taking that stance is not "middle ground" between what I'm saying and anything else, because IT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

And here's the thing: Apparently, some of you are taking the ostrich defense plan and saying that if you pretend a thing is not real then everyone will just ignore it and move on, when in reality, what you have both just stated is evidence to the contrary. I know, evidence, right? Who needs it!

If you (and Trump and the GOP and whoever) can't say "Yes, man made climate change is real, and here's what I propose we do about it", and then explain your moderate conservative approach to MODERATELY move to other fuel sources, including the aforementioned fracking and nuclear energy liberals hate, you are essentially just giving them justified reason to ignore your input altogether.

Dems: "The earth is round, so I propose going west would be the quickest route to Japan from here."
GOP: "SCIENCE DON'T KNOW SHIT! EARTH'S FLAT, THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO! FUCK SCIENCE!"

You know I'm not a trump fan but I think in the case of West Virginia hes simply telling them he's not going to shut it down. Which is why they like it. And he's stressing that his opponents are the opposite which they technically are. To me its simply drawing a stark contrast in a general election. I think the original argument started with trumps speeches to the coal folks.

Im not doing the ostrich approach by any means. That would be ignoring it all without a wide variety of choices and research. Ie, Look at how many hybrids there are on the road now compared to 10 years ago via the free market. I like that.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:45:11 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1403 on: May 10, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »

And order the crew of the Enola gay to be tried for 'Crimes against humanity" (and cause they were white)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #1404 on: May 10, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Wait a cotton picking minute. Are we arguing about Trump or Global Warming climate disruption climate change?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1405 on: May 10, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
So you are saying the since we dumped R12 for R134A and R22 for R410A, that we saved the ozone?

And that it is a scientific fact?
Yes. I just explained how we know this and how the problem ceased when we switched. I'm sorry you didn't understand.

There are millions of homes still using r22 and still being serviced with r22. There are still a LOT of cars running with R12. And R12 still exists.
I think the most important aspect of the change to HFCs is the implementation of recovery procedures for these gasses instead of just venting to the atmosphere.

But if all of this is true and we repaired the ozone layer, wouldn't that be a reason for Antarctic warming and not "global warming"!

Or I guess we could say global warming IS man made since we cut the use of CFCs and close the hole in the ozone.

Dammit man, we are killing ourselves!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1406 on: May 10, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »

And you continue to operate under the ridiculous assumption that global warming change is real. 

Dims: oh shit!! Al gore!! A journal!!  It's hot. The sky is falling. No more coal or gas for peasants!! 

Sane world: wait just a fucking minute you fucking loon. 

Rims: Ayyyyyheeee!! Oooooaaaahhhh!!  Green energy, no coal!  Windmills and shit! 

Sane world: The fuck is your problem. Slow your roll. Most of what you're saying is speculation based on a flawed sample.  Let's take a measured approach.

Dims: ohohohohogogogogogoh. Sky is falling. Oh shit.  Government control! Government control! 

Sane world.  Oh, fuck you.  Eat a dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #1407 on: May 10, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
You know I'm not a trump fan but I think in the case of West Virginia hes simply telling them he's not going to shut it down. Which is why they like it. And he's stressing that his opponents are the opposite which they technically are. To me its simply drawing a stark contrast in a general election. I think the original argument started with trumps speeches to the coal folks.
By expressing his ignorance. That was what started all this.

He was saying "Not only am I ignorant that CO2 from coal is causing climate change, I'm still hung up on shit we solved 30 years ago".

Yeah, he's pandering, and yeah they all do it. But pandering about what an idiot you are is not a virtue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1408 on: May 10, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
No they backwards extrapolated just like they have tried to forward extrapolate.  It's all made up bullshit.

For a minute there, I thought you were referring to bama's 15,000 mythical national championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1409 on: May 10, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »

He was saying "Not only am I ignorant that CO2 from coal is causing climate change, I'm still hung up on shit we solved 30 years ago".

Yeah, he's pandering, and yeah they all do it. But pandering about what an idiot you are is not a virtue.

Who the fuck says CO2 is "causing climate change"?

You? Some bloggers? Self-serving science fucks?  The guys who used to stick leeches on people? Those "scientists" who thought witches wouldn't drown? 

Science.  Fuck all.  The entire profession is nothing but a series of guesses that are then retro fit to circumstances. 

CO2 causes global whizfuck ever.  Yeah, right. 

Demanding that Trump acquiesce to your Chicken Little "science"'is elitist sorcery. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1410 on: May 10, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »
Good heavens Ms. Sakamoto - you're beautiful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1411 on: May 10, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
What else floats in water?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1412 on: May 10, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #1413 on: May 10, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »
Who the fuck says CO2 is "causing climate change"?

You? Some bloggers? Self-serving science fucks?  The guys who used to stick leeches on people? Those "scientists" who thought witches wouldn't drown? 

Science.  Fuck all.  The entire profession is nothing but a series of guesses that are then retro fit to circumstances. 

CO2 causes global whizfuck ever.  Yeah, right. 

Demanding that Trump acquiesce to your Chicken Little "science"'is elitist sorcery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #1415 on: May 10, 2016, 05:41:29 PM »
What else floats in water?
Bread, apples, very small rocks .....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1416 on: May 10, 2016, 09:38:02 PM »
Before chizad rushes here with this let me get out in front of it.  Stunning animation shows drastic effect of global warming!!!! Oh noes!!!! Oh shits!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2016/05/10/climate-spiral-rising-global-temperatures/84185746/

It's based on 166 years worth of data.  One hundred and sixty six. Out of billions.  Fuck.  Add two zeroes and it's not s statistically relevant sample.  The fucking hubris of these "scientists" who seriously think they can distill eons of cyclical climate patterns into a 166 year window. 

Laughable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1417 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:36 PM »

And as of this morning, so far - it's working for him in those states that have miners. Wv, penn and Ohio per the latest poll released today. I was a little shocked to be honest. And it happened quickly. Quinnipiac is usually pretty reputable too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1418 on: May 10, 2016, 11:09:03 PM »
Hitlary loses another to the shriveled, old man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #1419 on: May 11, 2016, 07:18:34 AM »

I had that same thought when I saw the blurb yesterday about him going.  My next thought was what should someone say when the inevitable question regarding the bombing comes up and our responsibility for it?

I understand that there has to be some tact when dealing with any issue like this but the jist of the retort should be "you started it , we finished it".  "Sorry your shit has been glowing for 70 years but doing stupid shit has to hurt."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."