Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coaches Hot Seat

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Coaches Hot Seat
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »
Rollercoaster...of love....say what?  Rollercoaster.....woooo whooo who.

Chick in background:  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »

We got our shoot pushed in, but the players cared.  :facepalm:

If you couldn't see marked improvement between what White gave us and what JJ gave us, turn off your computer, box it up, and send it back to whereever you bought it, because you're too fucking stupid to use the internet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »
If you couldn't see marked improvement between what White gave us and what JJ gave us, turn off your computer, box it up, and send it back to whereever you bought it, because you're too fucking stupid to use the internet.

Damn it, man.  It's loaded down with all that pern on the Google'd Chrome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »

I wasn't talking about JJ to White. I was talking about team overall, Starting with the coaching.

You got pretty low standards if you call that improvement. Which pretty much makes you stupider.   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:05:33 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 04:03:16 PM »

This....all of it.

And this nature of us as a fanbase and admin in general is exactly what Im talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »
It's not too much to ask for consistency. 

Dye had it:   5-6, 9-3, 11-1, 9-4, 8-4, 10-2, 9-1, 10-2, 10-2, 8-3, 5-6, 5-6
(The last two were the result of Donald Watkins and the Bama REC Cabal taking him down). 

A BAD year under Dye was an eight-win season.  He couldn't win the enchilada, but 1983 was the best Auburn team I've ever seen. It would beat 2013, beat 2004 and possibly even take out 2010.  His 1986 team was a Kerwin Bell freak moustache hair from playing for it all.  The 1988 team was a cajun earthquake from playing Notre Dame -- and beating the living fuck out of Lou Holtz -- for the title. 

Bowden was close and I really thought he'd end up being like his Daddy and building a program for the long haul.  11-0, 9-1-1, 8-4, 8-4, 10-3, 3-8 dumpster fire and the axe.

Tuberville had it: 5-6, 9-4, 7-5 (crazy 9-11 season), 9-4, 8-5, 13-0, 9-3, 11-2, 9-4, 5-7 and Jacobs says GTFO!

A BAD Tuberville team was 7-8 wins.  Every team but his first and his offensively confused last was in the fight all season long pretty much.

Chizik lost it:  8-5, 14-0, 8-5, 3-8 dumpster fire and GTFO!

And now Gus:  12-2, 8-5, the current utter debacle... 

What do we have in common there?  Jacobs. 

Came in on the heels of the Housel bungle from the telemarketing side, no experience and at the beck and call of boosters. On the hunt for Tuberville at the direction  of said boosters from the jump. Isolated Tuberville and made his job more difficult than it had to be. Interfered and was part of Chizik leaving in 2004, allegedly because he told him there was no future and it was a matter of time before Tuberville was out. Fucked up Muschamp's deal and ran him off.  Then HIRED Chizik.  Then threw the axe at him.

I think he meddles. I think it hurts the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »
I wasn't talking about JJ to White.

You got pretty low standards if you call that improvement. Which pretty much makes you stupider.   

I can't imagine how pissed and whiney you would be if you actually lived around this area. You get to sit three states away instead of having to see the enormous wave of red/black and crimson constantly, while stinking up the joint at the same time. You don't know how lucky you have it dude.

Quitcher bitchin, and put on your big boy panties and see if we can for once support a coach facing a little adversity and see if he can right this shit. You pundits have a shitload of quit in you. Not sure how you can complain about these 20 year olds on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
I can't imagine how pissed and whiney you would be if you actually lived around this area. You get to sit three states away instead of having to see the enormous wave of red/black and crimson constantly, while stinking up the joint at the same time. You don't know how lucky you have it dude.

Quitcher bitchin, and put on your big boy panties and see if we can for once support a coach facing a little adversity and see if he can right this shoot. You pundits have a shootload of quit in you. Not sure how you can complain about these 20 year olds on the field.

Totally agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 04:16:58 PM »

Quitcher bitchin, and put on your big boy panties and see if we can for once support a coach facing a little adversity and see if he can right this shit. You pundits have a shitload of quit in you. Not sure how you can complain about these 20 year olds on the field.

Not gonna argue that fan base wise I do have it easy, with Texas in the shits and the Aggies still just glad to be in the SEC I don't get any real shit from anybody.

I am on a message board venting about my football team. Nothing more, nothing less. We should not be having any of these conversations this year. I question my coaching staff because I want nothing but the best for my university.

I would also say how lucky your are that you live close and have every chance you want of going to any and all events that are Auburn without having to spend a couple of thousand dollars.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
They're just kids.  Leave em' the hell alone, people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:59 PM »

Came in on the heels of the Housel bungle from the telemarketing side, no experience and at the beck and call of boosters. On the hunt for Tuberville at the direction  of said boosters from the jump. Isolated Tuberville and made his job more difficult than it had to be. Interfered and was part of Chizik leaving in 2004, allegedly because he told him there was no future and it was a matter of time before Tuberville was out. Fucked up Muschamp's deal and ran him off.  Then HIRED Chizik.  Then threw the axe at him.

This is part of the equation. Between him, the rest of the admin, the boosters and us (who take on the same knee jerk personality as our admin)  - we create an environment that totally goes against a coach being successful long term. They know they are just a hair away from GTFO at every corner. Its almost impossible to coach uninhibited knowing all that. Gus doesnt have the same fire in his eyes he did two years ago. You can see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »
This is part of the equation. Between him, the rest of the admin, the boosters and us (who take on the same knee jerk personality as our admin)  - we create an environment that totally goes against a coach being successful long term. They know they are just a hair away from GTFO at every corner. Its almost impossible to coach uninhibited knowing all that. Gus doesnt have the same fire in his eyes he did two years ago. You can see it.

I'd like to think he has the fire, I think he is just befuddle as to what the hell is going on. He has always been able to correct the wrongs, but now???????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »

Not gonna argue that fan base wise I do have it easy, with Texas in the shits and the Aggies still just glad to be in the SEC I don't get any real shit from anybody.

I am on a message board venting about my football team. Nothing more, nothing less. We should not be having any of these conversations this year. I question my coaching staff because I want nothing but the best for my university.

I would also say how lucky your are that you live close and have every chance you want of going to any and all events that are Auburn without having to spend a couple of thousand dollars.

I get it man. Understand. We are all frustrated. But I think we have a good man at the helm. I really do. Are we going to let him coach and try to fix this? Or are we gonna swoop in like vultures like we always do and run him out of town on a rail? I would like to see him get it fixed and I think he can if given the chance. He has already shown that he can make tough decisions in regards to players and coaches. Hiring Muschamp showed me he was serious. I think the guy loves Auburn. He could have bolted to Texas or elsewhere. He didn't. Not to try and get all Fambly and shit, but I think we should at least hear the guy out and relax for a min. No, things are not that great. But it is what it is. Gus is still learning. He sure as hell isnt gonna right this ship if we all (admin and fans) suffocate his ass, and then subsequently hand him a nice "GTFO" notice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »
I get it man. Understand. We are all frustrated. But I think we have a good man at the helm. I really do. Are we going to let him coach and try to fix this? Or are we gonna swoop in like vultures like we always do and run him out of town on a rail? I would like to see him get it fixed and I think he can if given the chance. He has already shown that he can make tough decisions in regards to players and coaches. Hiring Muschamp showed me he was serious. I think the guy loves Auburn. He could have bolted to Texas or elsewhere. He didn't. Not to try and get all Fambly and shit, but I think we should at least hear the guy out and relax for a min. No, things are not that great. But it is what it is. Gus is still learning. He sure as hell isnt gonna right this ship if we all (admin and fans) suffocate his ass, and then subsequently hand him a nice "GTFO" notice.

:thumsup:

Not once have I called for his job. I hope he can right the ship. I think he has the talent, heart and brains to do it.

This board is a much better place when we are winning. #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »

Give that man a gold fucking star and a bag of potato chips.   Which is another reason why even if we were to fire Gus we would fuck up the rehire.  The man's a turd.  Auburn man or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
Give that man a gold fucking star and a bag of potato chips.   Which is another reason why even if we were to fire Gus we would fuck up the rehire.  The man's a turd.  Auburn man or not.

Transgender?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »
I think a lot of whats wrong with Auburn is just a matter of being snakebit. If it can go wrong it pretty much has for this team. From there I think players and coaches are starting to press a little which only compounding the problem. A prime example of it was against UL in the season opener. Braden Smith gets his foot stepped on, grabs a jeresy on his way down, and a 50 yard TD pass by JJ is called back for holding. Instead of Auburn going up 31-3, JJ throws another pick, UL scores, and its game on. Who knows but maybe just maybe, if that hold doesn't happen, JJ never throws his 2nd or 3rd int in that game. Maybe just maybe he doesn't start pressing and lose his confidence. Another example comes via @WarRoomEagle Here we see Barber do as he is suppose to and follow the pulling guard. Beautiful. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648554068026204160 Next play, same call, power. THREE offensive lineman end up in the end zone, but Barber doesn't follow them. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648555504910868480 Thats not on the coaches folks. I mean what is Malzahn suppose to do? Barber has been the most productive player on offense by far. Next thing you know, Auburn is walking away with 0 points after being on the 2 yardline.

Like others have said this team hasn't quit. There's a huge difference between snakebitten and the shit show we witnessed back then. How huge is that difference in terms of wins on the field? I don't know. Yet, I do know this isn't 2012. We won't go out like that imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »
I think a lot of whats wrong with Auburn is just a matter of being snakebit. If it can go wrong it pretty much has for this team. From there I think players and coaches are starting to press a little which only compounding the problem. A prime example of it was against UL in the season opener. Braden Smith gets his foot stepped on, grabs a jeresy on his way down, and a 50 yard TD pass by JJ is called back for holding. Instead of Auburn going up 31-3, JJ throws another pick, UL scores, and its game on. Who knows but maybe just maybe, if that hold doesn't happen, JJ never throws his 2nd or 3rd int in that game. Maybe just maybe he doesn't start pressing and lose his confidence. Another example comes via @WarRoomEagle Here we see Barber do as he is suppose to and follow the pulling guard. Beautiful. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648554068026204160 Next play, same call, power. THREE offensive lineman end up in the end zone, but Barber doesn't follow them. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648555504910868480 Thats not on the coaches folks. I mean what is Malzahn suppose to do? Barber has been the most productive player on offense by far. Next thing you know, Auburn is walking away with 0 points after being on the 2 yardline.

Like others have said this team hasn't quit. There's a huge difference between snakebitten and the shit show we witnessed back then. How huge is that difference in terms of wins on the field? I don't know. Yet, I do know this isn't 2012. We won't go out like that imo.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
That last sentence summarizes this season. I attended Tiger Walk before the LSU game and Gus had the same look on his face as Tony Franklin did before the Vanderbilt game in '08.  It was a defeated and confused look. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King