Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coaches Hot Seat

jmar

Re: Coaches Hot Seat
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »
It's not too much to ask for consistency. 

Dye had it:   5-6, 9-3, 11-1, 9-4, 8-4, 10-2, 9-1, 10-2, 10-2, 8-3, 5-6, 5-6
(The last two were the result of Donald Watkins and the Bama REC Cabal taking him down). 

A BAD year under Dye was an eight-win season.  He couldn't win the enchilada, but 1983 was the best Auburn team I've ever seen. It would beat 2013, beat 2004 and possibly even take out 2010.  His 1986 team was a Kerwin Bell freak moustache hair from playing for it all.  The 1988 team was a cajun earthquake from playing Notre Dame -- and beating the living fuck out of Lou Holtz -- for the title. 

Bowden was close and I really thought he'd end up being like his Daddy and building a program for the long haul.  11-0, 9-1-1, 8-4, 8-4, 10-3, 3-8 dumpster fire and the axe.

Tuberville had it: 5-6, 9-4, 7-5 (crazy 9-11 season), 9-4, 8-5, 13-0, 9-3, 11-2, 9-4, 5-7 and Jacobs says GTFO!

A BAD Tuberville team was 7-8 wins.  Every team but his first and his offensively confused last was in the fight all season long pretty much.

Chizik lost it:  8-5, 14-0, 8-5, 3-8 dumpster fire and GTFO!

And now Gus:  12-2, 8-5, the current utter debacle... 

What do we have in common there?  Jacobs. 

Came in on the heels of the Housel bungle from the telemarketing side, no experience and at the beck and call of boosters. On the hunt for Tuberville at the direction  of said boosters from the jump. Isolated Tuberville and made his job more difficult than it had to be. Interfered and was part of Chizik leaving in 2004, allegedly because he told him there was no future and it was a matter of time before Tuberville was out. Fucked up Muschamp's deal and ran him off.  Then HIRED Chizik.  Then threw the axe at him.

I think he meddles. I think it hurts the program.
Dye knew coming in that he needed to also be the AD to get it done. We were always second fiddle in this state when Shug was at the helm and I think that was key for Auburn to be a regular contender.

So if this sequence of feast/famine continues we will suffer through this season, win 8 in 2016 and compete for the title in 2017. Then we drop off to 8 or 9 wins in 2018 before either duplicating that number of wins or shitting the bed the following year.
It's obvious that we will not have a dynasty at Auburn with that trend.

The wild card is getting that one special player to provide that lightning in a bottle the media is so fond of saying. We might lack in the development phase but have some of the best talent scouts in the game.
Uncle Miltie, I salute you!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2015, 08:05:17 AM »
It's not too much to ask for consistency. 

Dye had it:   5-6, 9-3, 11-1, 9-4, 8-4, 10-2, 9-1, 10-2, 10-2, 8-3, 5-6, 5-6 5-5-1
(The last two were the result of Donald Watkins and the Bama REC Cabal taking him down). 

And I agree with everything you said about Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »
I think a lot of whats wrong with Auburn is just a matter of being snakebit. If it can go wrong it pretty much has for this team. From there I think players and coaches are starting to press a little which only compounding the problem. A prime example of it was against UL in the season opener. Braden Smith gets his foot stepped on, grabs a jeresy on his way down, and a 50 yard TD pass by JJ is called back for holding. Instead of Auburn going up 31-3, JJ throws another pick, UL scores, and its game on. Who knows but maybe just maybe, if that hold doesn't happen, JJ never throws his 2nd or 3rd int in that game. Maybe just maybe he doesn't start pressing and lose his confidence. Another example comes via @WarRoomEagle Here we see Barber do as he is suppose to and follow the pulling guard. Beautiful. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648554068026204160 Next play, same call, power. THREE offensive lineman end up in the end zone, but Barber doesn't follow them. https://twitter.com/WarRoomEagle/status/648555504910868480 Thats not on the coaches folks. I mean what is Malzahn suppose to do? Barber has been the most productive player on offense by far. Next thing you know, Auburn is walking away with 0 points after being on the 2 yardline.

Like others have said this team hasn't quit. There's a huge difference between snakebitten and the shit show we witnessed back then. How huge is that difference in terms of wins on the field? I don't know. Yet, I do know this isn't 2012. We won't go out like that imo.

All symptoms...not causes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
And I agree with everything you said about Jacobs.

Thus why he is SOME of the overall issue....but not all of it. There are other people at play besides Jay. I personally think hes a puppet. Doesnt make the worst hires in the world as of late, but also won't let them do their jobs and hasn't since he was hired. This stuff has an effect on coaches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
Thus why he is SOME of the overall issue....but not all of it. There are other people at play besides Jay. I personally think hes a puppet. Doesnt make the worst hires in the world as of late, but also won't let them do their jobs and hasn't since he was hired. This stuff has an effect on coaches.

The only thing keeping me from driving down to Auburn with a noose and hanging Jacobs are the Pearl and Myers hires.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
The only thing keeping me from driving down to Auburn with a noose and hanging Jacobs are the Pearl and Myers hires.

Now let's pump those brakes a bit.  Be honest. Would you ever have seen Golloway's daughter's fun bags if it wasn't for Jay? Let's give the man a wee bit of credit here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »
Golloway's daughter's fun bags

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary: come again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »
Now let's pump those brakes a bit.  Be honest. Would you ever have seen Golloway's daughter's fun bags if it wasn't for Jay? Let's give the man a wee bit of credit here.

Excellent point, counselor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »
Right...he's a puppet and a mouthpiece for damage control. But where he shines is at fundraising.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:20:11 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
Unedited Version ...Obviously NSFW
Sunny Golloway Daughter Topless

I would breast feed till I was 12.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
Unedited Version ...Obviously NSFW
Sunny Golloway Daughter Topless
Depends on what kind of work you're into.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
So Tubs put golden on the hotter seat.

What's the odds on Tubs making it full circle back to the U?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »

I really like where your head is at. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »

I'd figured he was on a nation tour. Like 4 teams in 6 years or something like that?

Left Texas Tech in the middle of a recruiting visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »
He's just ramping up for duck season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
He's just ramping up for duck season.

wabbit season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
wabbit season.

Kill da wabbit, Kill da wabbit, Kill da wabbit, Kill da wabbit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2015, 04:05:44 PM »

I'd figured he was on a nation tour. Like 4 teams in 6 years or something like that?

Left Texas Tech in the middle of a recruiting visit.

Between TT and Ole Miss, his defenders really need to be reminded of both. Like Greg Allman said - He aint no angel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE