Coaches Hot Seat

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Coaches Hot Seat
« on: September 29, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
http://coacheshotseat.com/
#5 Gus Malzahn, Auburn – At halftime of the Mississippi State – Auburn game a Coaches Hot Seat member on the way to the kitchen to get another Fat Tire beer said what many of us were thinking…

“What in the Hell has happened to Auburn? This looks nothing like the Auburn team that went to the National Title game two seasons ago and not even like the Auburn team that almost beat Alabama and Wisconsin at the end of last season!”

Geez…we don’t know what the Hell has happened to Auburn but for Damn sure something beyond not having a sterling QB and a shaky defense is the problem or set of problems here but then this Auburn football team looks so…

Off The Rails

So Different Than Malzahn’s Teams in the Past

….that we can only conclude that “something” has fundamentally changed at Auburn and we don’t have a Freaking Clue what that “something” is and believe us…we have tried to find out by talking to some folks we know around Auburn…who report nothing has changed…or they are flat-out lying to us which may be a possibility.

Hell, in 2012 when Gene Chizik was posting a record of 3 – 9 and 0 – 8 in SEC play only two seasons removed from going undefeated and winning the Bogus BCS National Championship Game the same folks in Auburn were telling us there were no problems on The Plains and we later learned there were lots of internal issues going on with Chizik’s Auburn football program…in our humble opinion…that led to Chizik’s ass getting run out of town…and those same folks may be lying to us again and this time we are calling them out on it in this blog and let’s see if they change their tune in the coming days because in our opinion…

Something is NOT right at Auburn

….because watching Auburn play this season it’s obvious to anyone with a working brain that…

We have a guess on what is NOT right at Auburn right now but an attorney friend says we cannot write what we believe in this blog without proof so we will just leave our opinion out there that….

Up next for Auburn a home game against San Jose State who also has a coach on the Hot Seat in Ron Caragher and whose football team just scored 49 points on Fresno State.

Hell, if San Jose State scores 28 points on Auburn it will beat the Tigers!

Oh, after San Jose State the Tigers still have to play….

At Kentucky
At Arkansas
Ole Miss
At Texas A&M
Georgia
Idaho
Alabama

Geez…there is a REAL chance that the two season records that Gene Chizik posted at Auburn after winning the national title…

8 – 5
3 – 9 – No SEC Wins

…will be the two identical records that Gus Malzahn posts at Auburn after taking his team to the national title game:

8 – 5
2 – 2 – 0 – 2 in SEC play

Will Gus Malzahn be fired if he goes 3 – 9 and 0 – 8 in SEC play in 2015?

YES Gus Malzahn will be fired…but give some thought to the above two similarities and why history may be repeating itself in Auburn….YES…give that some Damn thought.

Bolding is from the story, not my own.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:40:04 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Re: Coaches Hot Seat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »
The only way I could see Gus being fired is if we finish 3-9.  Even if we go 0-8 in SEC play, I don't see Jacobs firing him, especially now with all the questions being raised about him hiring Golloway.  I honestly think we'll see a new AD before we see a new football coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »
Maybe feeling the same way I did in 2012.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »
The only way I could see Gus being fired is if we finish 3-9.  Even if we go 0-8 in SEC play, I don't see Jacobs firing him, especially now with all the questions being raised about him hiring Golloway.  I honestly think we'll see a new AD before we see a new football coach.

I just thought it was interesting from an outsiders view, also these guys are pretty accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
I just don't get why people are already saying that Gus will get fired or that he should. Sometimes, like with Chiz, the writing on the wall is pretty plain.

Now, it's not, at least with me. I don't see anything that leads me to believe that Gus deserves firing. Maybe I'm making excuses because I do genuinely like the guy but I really don't think so. I liked Bowden and Chiz but I was ready for them to go.

Gus has made mistakes for certain. Hiring and keeping EJ too long, prob the biggest. But this season? OK, I'll give you that he stuck with JJ too long before giving the white boy a shot. But that's all I'm giving. We can complain all about the play calling, red zone and stuff like that. But, there are probably legit reasons for all. I still think he's probably more football smart than all of you, so I'm siding with Gus on that.

He's made some QB mistakes and maybe development is one of them. I don't think it's talent eval before recruiting because if so, most everyone else in the country wanted Keliele and JJ.

I don't even think it's a warm seat. Now, go 0fer in the SEC? We are definitely talking about a new day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 11:17:56 AM »
This leads us to Snaggs thread...time for Gus Malzahn to nut up. *snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
Seat is prolly gonna get a lot warmer after this weekend.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »
Seat is prolly gonna get a lot warmer after this weekend.  :facepalm:

No way does SJSU beat us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:48 AM »
I hope not. If they do, I will flip-flop on my pro-Gus stance quicker than John Kerry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »

Hope not, but people were saying "No way does Jacksonville state beat us"

I am sorry, I just don't see this team putting it together, on talent alone yes, we should beat them. But don't be surprised if it is another 28-24 game.

Something is wrong on the plains. I just don't know what it is.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »
Something is wrong on the plains. I just don't know what it is.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »

On what, that something is wrong?

I said I see us winning but like 28-24.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »

On what, that something is wrong?

I said I see us winning but like 28-24.

So you take SJSU and 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 11:47:02 AM »
Maybe feeling the same way I did in 2012.  :facepalm:

See, I'm the opposite. I said this before but that year at the TA&M game, was the only time in 40+ years of going to Auburn football games, that I got up and walked out in disgust.  Mad that I actually spent time and money and effort to watch it.  Why?  Well go back to 2011 when LSU got up on us early and the fullback basically punked our guys for laying down.  They did it in several games that year, including Georgia.  Once they started slowly in 2012, they quit.  With the exception of Tre and maybe J. Wallace trying his ass off at QB, they quit.

It wasn't that Johnny Foosballz was scoring at will. It was the blatantly obvious fact that we weren't even trying.  I will bet that between A&M, Georgia and Bama that year, we didn't force 3 total punts.  They quit even trying. That's the one thing I just can't stomach.  That's really when "Something is NOT right at Auburn". 

Other than Rudy half-assing it on a tackle, I don't see that here.  Don't know what the problem is but I refuse to get caught up in the spirit that piece was written in.  I started the Nut Up thread because I think it really speaks more to the climate or environment of the state of college foosballz.  Several alluded to it.  It's instant gratification.  Win now or off with your head. Pressure, pressure, pressure from day one from fans, media and boosters alike. It's the nature of the beast and what college football has evolved into.  Multi-skwazzillion $$$ industry, one notch below the NFL.  Win now or be gone.

I hope they figure it out and get things on track.  This will come off as AU GheyFamilyNation talk, but as long as they're busting their asses to get it figured out, I'm good with it.  I refuse to believe the "Something's NOT right at Auburn" in the sense that there's some sinister, underlying problem. Dysfunction.  Our coaches forgot how to coach.  I'm going Saturday.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 11:58:28 AM »
So you take SJSU and 4.

I may bitch and moan about my tigers but I will never bet against them to do poorly.

NO thanks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »

I may bitch and moan about my tigers but I will never bet against them to do poorly.

NO thanks

Pussy.....meow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »
I don't see Gus getting fired this year. Rhett, on the other, could be the fall guy. Would Gus even do that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 12:05:47 PM »
See, I'm the opposite. I said this before but that year at the TA&M game, was the only time in 40+ years of going to Auburn football games, that I got up and walked out in disgust.  Mad that I actually spent time and money and effort to watch it.  Why?  Well go back to 2011 when LSU got up on us early and the fullback basically punked our guys for laying down.  They did it in several games that year, including Georgia.  Once they started slowly in 2012, they quit.  With the exception of Tre and maybe J. Wallace trying his ass off at QB, they quit.

It wasn't that Johnny Foosballz was scoring at will. It was the blatantly obvious fact that we weren't even trying.  I will bet that between A&M, Georgia and Bama that year, we didn't force 3 total punts.  They quit even trying. That's the one thing I just can't stomach.  That's really when "Something is NOT right at Auburn". 

Other than Rudy half-assing it on a tackle, I don't see that here.  Don't know what the problem is but I refuse to get caught up in the spirit that piece was written in.  I started the Nut Up thread because I think it really speaks more to the climate or environment of the state of college foosballz.  Several alluded to it.  It's instant gratification.  Win now or off with your head. Pressure, pressure, pressure from day one from fans, media and boosters alike. It's the nature of the beast and what college football has evolved into.  Multi-skwazzillion $$$ industry, one notch below the NFL.  Win now or be gone.

I hope they figure it out and get things on track.  This will come off as AU GheyFamilyNation talk, but as long as they're busting their asses to get it figured out, I'm good with it.  I refuse to believe the "Something's NOT right at Auburn" in the sense that there's some sinister, underlying problem. Dysfunction.  Our coaches forgot how to coach.  I'm going Saturday.   

I'm not advocating Gus should be fired at all this year or the next, BTW*. I also love the staff Gus has put together both for coaching and recruiting.  Wish we could swap Garner back to UGA for Rocker but everything else is golden. 

Was just posting, because I do look at that site from time to time and thought it was interesting.

Like I said in the other thread, White was a breath of fresh air.  New season 0-1 now lets see what these boys can do, I want to see close competitive games (or blowouts in our favor).

*A limited liability statement, I retain the right to change this comment at any time in the event we get blown out the rest of our games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
Another thing to keep in mind is that, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time Gus has had to deal with adversity on any of the teams he has coached.  I'm with GF.  I don't care if we go 0-8 in conference, I want to see teams that don't quit.  I would also be happy if we don't get blown out by UGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 12:25:59 PM »
Another thing to keep in mind is that, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time Gus has had to deal with adversity on any of the teams he has coached.  I'm with GF.  I don't care if we go 0-8 in conference, I want to see teams that don't quit.  I would also be happy if we don't get blown out by UGA.
You can't mean this with a staff and team this talented. And just taking a lighter beatdown from UGA isnt acceptable either.
Hell yeah something is wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions