Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coaches Hot Seat

Re: Coaches Hot Seat
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
You can't mean this with a staff and team this talented. And just taking a lighter beatdown from UGA isnt acceptable either.
Hell yeah something is wrong.

I'm saying we hired a coach with 1 year of head coaching experience.  I'm saying that I'm sick of getting blown out, and if those continue, I may change my attitude about him.  If I see players who actually give a shit about being on the field, I won't be totally pissed off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
We will win out mark it down! #winning
unless we don't
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »
I'm saying we hired a coach with 1 year of head coaching experience.  I'm saying that I'm sick of getting blown out, and if those continue, I may change my attitude about him.  If I see players who actually give a shit about being on the field, I won't be totally pissed off.

Harumph Harumph Harumph
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »
I'm saying we hired a coach with 1 year of head coaching experience.  I'm saying that I'm sick of getting blown out, and if those continue, I may change my attitude about him. If I see players who actually give a shit about being on the field, I won't be totally pissed off.

We got our shit pushed in, but the players cared.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »

We got our shit pushed in, but the players cared.  :facepalm:

17 points and 320 yards given up to a Dan Mullen offense with Dak Prescott at QB and a 7'4" receiver.....ain't gettin' your shit pushed in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »
17 points and 320 yards given up to a Dan Mullen offense with Dak Prescott at QB and a 7'4" receiver.....ain't gettin' your shit pushed in.

I'm more worried about Ole piss, UGA and the turds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
I'm concerned that we may be getting too many white players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »
And I'm saying losing is unacceptable period. Mark Richt owns us. We beat them on the scoreboard but they had control of the game. Thank God we had Cam in 2010. This program shouldn't be sweating lesser opponents or teams with car less coaching and talent.
We can't even put two 9-4s together like Richt. And if I were an UGA fan that wouldn't make me happy considering the SEC East in recent years. It's not over for Gus but he knows something has to change, and quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 01:33:04 PM »
Don't care if anyone disagrees. I believe in giving opportunity's to put things right but it appears that we are simulating the Chiz debacle. Could this be?
Do the player's take on the personality of the HC?
Close enough to win it in the end my ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
Don't care if anyone disagrees. I believe in giving opportunity's to put things right but it appears that we are simulating the Chiz debacle. Could this be?
Do the player's take on the personality of the HC?
Close enough to win it in the end my ass!

Well, are we just going to "will" it to happen because we are acting like entitled little brats? Or are we actually gonna give the dude a legit shot and get off his back like we are claiming we will do? Can't do both. And as much as fans can be realistic about this, our admin probably isnt. Our boosters probably aren't. The talk shows and pundits will not shut up about it. They stoke the fire.

Maybe K is right. Maybe THAT is the damn problem. You dont think this shit is in the coaches' pysche? They listen to shit. They read shit. They know what people are saying. Pressure ensues. Just sayin...I don't think he was far off there. This has happened with every single coach since Barfield, Dye included. They all seem to cave to the collective pressure put on them towards the end of their tenures (maybe aside from the Chiz who sealed his own fate). If were gonna give Gus until the end of the year, then let's actually do it. This is one thing UGA does better than us. If they had fired Richt as quick as us or Bama want to fire a coach, Richt would have been gone in 2007.

Maybe our adjusted expectations are where they really should have been all along, and should be going forward. We do better that way anyway. Low expectation but high result. We just have to temper things when that high result happens which we are not doing. Granted the media fuels this shit too but still....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:20 PM »
I'm concerned that we may be getting too many White players.
Fixed.

If you are gonna do it, get it right!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »
. And as much as fans can be realistic about this, our admin probably isnt. Our boosters probably aren't. The talk shows and pundits will not shut up about it. They stoke the fire.

Maybe K is right. Maybe THAT is the damn problem. You dont think this shit is in the coaches' pysche? They listen to shit. They read shit. They know what people are saying. Pressure ensues. Just sayin...I don't think he was far off there.

Winning cures everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
Could be Malzahn is a top notch coordinator but not so much as a HC in this pressure cooker. None of us can explain what happened to Johnson. And there is a parallel  about expectations perhaps and the inability to deliver.
We just don't seem to be able to sustain, build and progress as we should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »
Could be Malzahn is a top notch coordinator but not so much as a HC in this pressure cooker. None of us can explain what happened to Johnson. And there is a parallel  about expectations perhaps and the inability to deliver.
We just don't seem to be able to sustain, build and progress as we should.

Coming off 2010 MNC and 2013 appearance we should be rolling right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 02:43:04 PM »
Puzzling ain't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

Again, the talent didnt drop. The coaches dont forget how to coach.

Dye had 83 and 88, then 90-92 happens??
Bowden has 93 and 94, then 97....and then 98 happens?
Tubs has 2004 - and 06 and 07 were a combined 20 wins, then 2008 happens?
Now Gus with 2010 (sorry Chiz but that was Gus/Cam) and 2013, now since the middle of 2014 and all of 2015 thus far?

There is something else at play here. And I think a lot of it is the environment we create as fans, admin, media, whatever....after having success. We win, we jump for joy and beat our chests. We lose, we want someone's head and asap. Our nature is ebb and flow, just like our results have been the last 20 years.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:56:21 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
Again, the talent didnt drop. The coaches dont forget how to coach.

Dye had 83 and 88, then 90-92 happens??
Bowden has 93 and 94, then 97....and then 98 happens?
Tubs has 2004 - and 06 and 07 were a combined 20 wins, then 2008 happens?
Now Gus with 2010 (sorry Chiz but that was Gus/Cam) and 2013, now since the middle of 2014 and all of 2015 thus far?

There is something else at play here. And I think a lot of it is the environment we create as fans, admin, media, whatever....after having success. We win, we jump for joy and beat our chests. We lose, we want someone's head and asap. Our nature is ebb and flow, just like our results have been the last 20 years.
Good points all.

Bit why do we always revert to the shithouse?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:13:48 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
Good points all.

I would also say that our closest rivals have not had any (major) meltdowns in the last 8 to 10 years?

IF this continues we will be on our third/forth in 8 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »
Good points all.

Suffocation perhaps. Self inflicted.

Bama used to do this. They finally learned to back off. They hired a solid coach, sold the ranch to pay him and let him do his thing. UGA does the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:56 PM »
Rollercoaster...of love....say what?  Rollercoaster.....woooo whooo who.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions