Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The National...Football...League

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: The National...Football...League
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »
Chip Kelly out at Philly.  Bad timing with all the major college jobs filled.
Owner wanted to make a change and hire a GM to handle player acquisition Kelly said no.   Owner said fine your fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »
Owner wanted to make a change and hire a GM to handle player acquisition Kelly said no.   Owner said fine your fired.

Word. Report is owner starting putting this in motion weeks ago. Chip made no friends and had no support there. When he lost the owner, the duck was done.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
ESPN lists Auburn and LSU as possible destinations. 

AU since "the shine is off Malzahn."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »
ESPN lists Auburn and LSU as possible destinations. 

AU since "the shine is off Malzahn."

Kelley has expressed a desire to remain in the NFL.  I would think that the Browns, 49ers and Titans would give him a look.

He's not coming to Auburn...thank god.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »
Kelley has expressed a desire to remain in the NFL.  I would think that the Browns, 49ers and Titans would give him a look.

No he won't be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2015, 10:27:49 AM »

Yes.  Thank God.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »
So the Steelers make the improbable happen by getting the Wild Card spot. They beat the Browns but needed help with Bills win over the Jets. Bills win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:51 PM »
Panthers at home for the playoffs.

Biggest threat?  Seattle in my opinion. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »
Just rolled back in from the Cheaters/Falcons game.  Had no implications on anything other than pride.  Place was still pretty much packed.  ATL just skulltrucked themselves and gave away the game.  Last 3 drives in a tie game ended in a lost fumble...a dumbass unsportsmanlike penalty that took them out of go-ahead field goal range....and with the game still tied and the ball on about their own 25 with 2:30 to go, Ryan throws it straight to a Cheater on the first pass.  N.O. runs the clock down to 3 seconds and kicks a chip shot game winner. 

Pretty awesome structure going up right next door to the Dome.  Still not sure why a new stadium is necessary.  Been to a ton of games over the years at the Georgia Dome and that's always been a great place to watch a game and easy to get around.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »
Panthers at home for the playoffs.

Biggest threat?  Seattle in my opinion.

Agreed. Totally different team that the Panthers beat earlier in the season. I'm of the opinion if the Panthers beat the Seahawks, they will win the Super Bowl. Seahawks look real good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »
Funny thing is, I thought the exact same thing about the Cardinals a week ago.   One of those two will eventually show up in Charlotte probably. 

So here's what I understand as I understand my understanding of the playoffs. 

The Panthers will play either:

The Redskins if they beat the Packers and the Vikings beat the Seahawks
The Packers if they beat the Redskins and the Vikings beat the Seahawks
The Seahawks if they beat the Vikings regardless of the Packers - Redskins outcome

Worst case scenario for Carolina is Seahawks followed by Cardinals.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:43:23 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »
Had no implications on anything other than pride. 

ATL just skulltrucked themselves

Gave away the game. 

Aren't Falcons fans used to this narrative after about 40 years?

Pretty obvious last week was a huge anomaly. HUGE....HUGE. Donald Trump YYHHHUGGGGGE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
Aren't Falcons fans used to this narrative after about 40 years?

Pretty obvious last week was a huge anomaly. HUGE....HUGE. Donald Trump YYHHHUGGGGGE!

It's 50 years.  Don't agree with the anomaly part.  It's National...Football...League. Most games turn on two or three plays.  The Panthers had gotten by, by the skin of their teeth (As if teeth have skin) on numerous occasions.  With the exception of the earlier Carolina loss, the Falcons had lost just about every game they'd lost by one or two stupid plays
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
It's 50 years.  Don't agree with the anomaly part.  It's National...Football...League. Most games turn on two or three plays.  The Panthers had gotten by, by the skin of their teeth (As if teeth have skin) on numerous occasions.  With the exception of the earlier Carolina loss, the Falcons had lost just about every game they'd lost by one or two stupid plays

When the Panthers and Falcons are both clicking optimally, I think the score is closer to the game 3-4 weeks ago than the one last week. Thazz all Iz sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2016, 08:55:27 AM »

So...

Panthers = 2013 Auburn
Falcons = 2014 Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
So...

Panthers = 2013 Auburn
Falcons = 2014 Auburn

Falcons fans were convinced that last week's fluke win vindicated how awesome they thought they were. It was an odd combo of the Falcons playing over their heads and the Panthers showing up half drunk. It was obvious to anyone watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:47 AM »
The Panthers had to kick a last second field goal to beat the Giants....who just lost to Philly...who the Falcons beat....that's all I'm sayin....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Falcons suck.  Fuck the Falcons.  They are terrible.  Arthur Blank can dab his moldy ass off at home next week. Whoolio can make ugly ass Gremlin faces into his own mirror and not on my TV, starting yesterday about 3 pm. 

Carolina lost to those shit eaters because new daddy Cam was distracted and tired.  His baby was born three days before the game, last gameplan goes in Thursday and he was out that day and the next.  He is the heart and soul of that team and when he wasn't himself, the offense fizzled.  He was clearly off that day.  Had other things on his mind.  They should have scored 35-40 points and beat that rag tag bunch of turd burglars 38-20.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
The Panthers had to kick a last second field goal to beat the Giants....who just lost to Philly...who the Falcons beat....that's all I'm sayin....

Philly.....Who the Cowboys beat, who are 4-12 and suck donkey bollocks, who got demolished by.....The Panthers. All about teh matchups. Using the "so and so beat so and so, and that team beat that team, so we should beat that team easy" logic can be circular at best sometimes. Look at UGA, Fla and Mizzou last year. Or Auburn, Ole Miss, and Memphis this year. Or Aggie, Auburn and Arky. Would be nice if it were that simple.

Cam had one off week this year (had no idea he had a kid before that game until a few days ago) and the Durdee Byrds were the lucky recepients of it. Nothing more, nothing less. He couldn't have cared less, and the Falkuhns couldn't have cared more.

Besides, your ass should be on the Camwagon anyway. I'm done with you! We are officially DONE. You hear that? Broke up...finished....el finito. I mean, I don't like you very much right now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:31:36 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
Philly.....Who the Cowboys beat, who are 4-12 and suck donkey bollocks, who got demolished by.....The Panthers. All about teh matchups. Using the "so and so beat so and so, and that team beat that team, so we should beat that team easy" logic can be circular at best sometimes. Look at UGA, Fla and Mizzou last year. Or Auburn, Ole Miss, and Memphis this year. Or Aggie, Auburn and Arky. Would be nice if it were that simple.

Cam had one off week this year (had no idea he had a kid before that game until a few days ago) and the Durdee Byrds were the lucky recepients of it. Nothing more, nothing less. He couldn't have cared less, and the Falkuhns couldn't have cared more.

Besides, your ass should be on the Camwagon anyway. I'm done with you! We are officially DONE. You hear that? Broke up...finished....el finito. I mean, I don't like you very much right now.
Angry with him even?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.