Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The National...Football...League

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The National...Football...League
« on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »
Just to take an occasional break from the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Auburn football, you can putcher NFL stuff here.  A couple of general observations early in the season.

A-A-Ron Blake Rodgers is a bad man. 5 more TD passes last night. But the thing is, while I'm not a Green Bay fan or hater for that matter, it's to the point that if he's playing, I'm gonna' watch.  He's developed to the point that he just does what he wants. His passes are pinpoint, no matter what angle or position he's throwing from.  It's like Brady.  I'm the same way with him and the Pats.  Don't really care either way, but I was pulling for them in the Super Bowl just because I just dislike the Seasquawks so much.  But Brady, with the improved grip on the ball, was just plain fun to watch.  Hit every receiver in stride no matter what the situation.  Same with Mr. Discount Double Check now.

Favorite all time QB to watch though, is/was Manning, especially in his prime.  If you think about what this guy has done all these years, I can't think of another QB that has that freedom.  It's back yard foosballz on steroids.  He walks up to the line and literally creates a play.  Through all the jibberish and code words, he's saying, "You run this route. The LB is playing there so you run this route.  The corner is playing press man so sprint to the azalea bush and do a button hook."  Love watching it.

Sorry for the Falcons/Bama reference. Nauseating to some.  But Julio is just killing it.  In 3 games he has 34 receptions for 440 yards and 4 TD's.  He owned the Cowboys Sunday.  He's on pace to blow several records out of the water, although I don't expect it to last given his history of injuries.  WAAA WAAAAAA....

Speaking of injuries and the Cowboys.  They done!   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The National...Football...League
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »
Panthers are doing pretty good. They just acquired Jared Allen from the Bears. There D should be even that much stronger. Of course, there that thug playing QB who no one can stand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »
Panthers are doing pretty good. They just acquired Jared Allen from the Bears. There D should be even that much stronger. Of course, there that thug playing QB who no one can stand.

Did you see where Cam was arguing for a late hit out of bounds this weekend? (Weak, but hey....you argue it)  He claims the ref, Ed Hockuli (sp?) told him he wasn't old enough to get that call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »
Did you see where Cam was arguing for a late hit out of bounds this weekend? (Weak, but hey....you argue it)  He claims the ref, Ed Hockuli (sp?) told him he wasn't old enough to get that call.

Saw that bit didnt read the article. Kind of funny actually. It would seem Cam is a likable guy around the league. Hopefully he won't get on the bad side of all the refs now by going public with that. On the other hand, if the Ref was fo real, then he just confirmed suspicions on how referees operate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »
He owned the Cowboys Sunday.  He's on pace to blow several records out of the water, although I don't expect it to last given his history of injuries.  WAAA WAAAAAA....

Speaking of injuries and the Cowboys.  They done!   

Not sure ive ever seen a pro sports franchise with that many key players out at once.

Romo
Dez
Leary
McClain
Scandrick
Mincey
Gregory
Hardy
Witten has been at 50% all year

Good thing for them is they can tread water in the NFC East for a couple of more weeks until they get most of those guys back. And theyll still probably be in first or only a game out of first worst case scenario. I think they get most all of them back after their bye week in 3 weeks.  And Romo back Week 11.

Imagine the Falcons without Wholio, Ryan, Matthews, and 3-4 defenders on D.

My guess is Weeden is done in Dallas after signing Matt Cassell. Cassell is no world beater but hes light years better than Weeden and should be serviceable til teh Romoz returns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »

Panthers better trade for some damn offensive weapons. 

They remind me of the 1997 Auburn team.  One player on offense.  Dameyune. 

Leading rusher on that team not named Dameyune had 277 yards.  For the year.
Eight different receivers had at least 100 yards receiving.  None over 1000 (and Craig threw for 3400).

That team had a defense (Takeo) that held the opposition to 19 points per game. 

And it came within a point of knocking off Peyton and UT in the SEC-CG.  Finished 10-3.  A mystifying 20-0 loss to Mississippi State (I was there, Craig threw a pick six on a sideline route from about the MSU 10 and never recovered) was all that kept AU out of national title discussions.

I feel like I'm watching the same movie with the Panthers.  Cam is amazing but has no help.  Takeo Kuechly is a force and will almost singlehandedly keep games close.  Cam needs one more OL, a decent WR threat and a servicable RB.  And they make a deal for defense. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
Panthers better trade for some damn offensive weapons. 

They remind me of the 1997 Auburn team.  One player on offense.  Dameyune. 

Leading rusher on that team not named Dameyune had 277 yards.  For the year.
Eight different receivers had at least 100 yards receiving.  None over 1000 (and Craig threw for 3400).

That team had a defense (Takeo) that held the opposition to 19 points per game. 

And it came within a point of knocking off Peyton and UT in the SEC-CG.  Finished 10-3.  A mystifying 20-0 loss to Mississippi State (I was there, Craig threw a pick six on a sideline route from about the MSU 10 and never recovered) was all that kept AU out of national title discussions.

I feel like I'm watching the same movie with the Panthers.  Cam is amazing but has no help.  Takeo Kuechly is a force and will almost singlehandedly keep games close.  Cam needs one more OL, a decent WR threat and a servicable RB.  And they make a deal for defense. 

:facepalm:

Agreed. They need more offensive weapons. Benjamin tearing his ACL was a big blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:05:49 AM »
Agreed. They need more offensive weapons. Benjamin tearing his ACL was a big blow.

And that old, over the hill, Steve Smith Sr. is barely getting around in the NFL today. That was a good decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
Not sure ive ever seen a pro sports franchise with that many key players out at once.

The 2015 St Louis Cardinals would beg to differ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 01:19:58 PM »

They get 162 games and half the year. If 3/4 of the top 10-12 players were out for 80 of those games, then you have a valid point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

Never heard of them
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »

If they would quit running into each other, that might help.  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
Ben Rapelessberger out for the Steelers.  4-6 weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
Ben Rapelessberger out for the Steelers.  4-6 weeks.
Wow you are just all over breaking news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »
Tony Romo is hurt too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »
Tony Romo is hurt too

Do you know how to post videos to Facebook?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 11:43:11 AM »
Tony Romo is hurt too
Can't believe someone dropped Dez Bryant in fantasy, I'm gonna grab him and start him this week. #championship
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 12:25:44 PM »
Wow you are just all over breaking news.

Got it covered like a Jimmy Hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »
Sammie caught his first pass tonight from Vick!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.