Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 1

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Thoughts - Week 1
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »

You could see it in real time with their lineman grabbing up high and as our guy tried to spin away he would spin and the jersey stayed in place or he was taken down.

I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me from row 482....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »
I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me from row 482....

Nope, refs thought they were just that good.

5-35  Them -Most of this was illegal motion.

8-80  us. - Holdings-spearing the refs and so on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »

Nope, refs thought they were just that good.

5-35  Them -Most of this was illegal motion.

8-80  us. - Holdings-spearing the refs and so on.

And Gus callin' em mean names
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
And Gus callin' em mean names

Well, one of em said he hated the Waffle House. Gus has to draw a line somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 02:58:36 PM »
Well, one of em said he hated the Waffle House. Gus has to draw a line somewhere.

I would say we all have hated the Waffle house at time or another, especially the following morning after that 2:00am stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
I would say we all have hated the Waffle house at time or another, especially the following morning after that 2:00am stop.

hush your mouth. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
hush your mouth.

^^^This^^^  Except that I would add "dirty whurish". 

In my much earlier years, when I was actually involved in athletic endeavors...you know...badmitton, raquet ball, chess etc.  The hard stuff.  If I had any big game coming up, it was Waffle House steak, eggs and hashbrowns.  Two slices of buttery toast and a mountain of ketchup for serious flavoring.  Pre-game meal of champions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
^^^This^^^  Except that I would add "dirty whurish". 

In my much earlier years, when I was actually involved in athletic endeavors...you know...badmitton, raquet ball, chess etc.  The hard stuff.  If I had any big game coming up, it was Waffle House steak, eggs and hashbrowns.  Two slices of buttery toast and a mountain of ketchup for serious flavoring.  Pre-game meal of champions.
This man once knew

now...not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »
A few quotes from Muschamp below on Carl Lawson and him being out in the second half.  This guy needs to stay healthy this season.  It's hard to imagine one guy out of 11 making that much difference but I believe Lawson is that much of a difference maker.

"He's a very good player," Muschamp said. "We need to make sure we put him in situations where he can be successful and take advantage of matchups. We played him inside, walked him around, we played him in a lot of different spots and we'll continue to do so."

Redshirt freshman Raashed Kennion replaced Lawson in the second half at the Buck position, and finished with one tackle and three quarterback hurries. Muschamp said Saturday Kennion was "gassed" at the end of the game, which affected the Tigers as the Cardinals' dual-threat quarterback rushed for 106 yards and one touchdown.

"He didn't finish on the quarterback like he liked to or we would have liked him to a couple times, but I'm very proud of his effort and what he did," Muschamp said of Kennion. "Any time you lose a guy like Carl Lawson it's going to affect your football team. It certainly helps their offense. We could have used him chasing Jackson down a couple times."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 05:44:13 PM »
Didn't read this whole thread, but just saw this and had to comment:

Auburn

- I was wrong in my guarantees thread about Jeremy Johnson. I expected a sluggish start: one that would not make him look like a Heisman contender and one that would cause the most cynical of Auburn fans to question his ability to start. Instead, Johnson's performance was rather abysmal if I'm honest. 

- I'm finally getting to the point where I feel like I can see the trends in football. After 13 years of watching not just Auburn football but mostly all of college football, I've learned that if a team or player looks a certain way, they mostly likely are that way. While I'm not going to hitch a ride on the doom and gloom train, I do think it's safe for me to say that Jeremy Johnson is going to be a hindrance to this team.

You don't have to go back 13 years to dispute your claim.

Marshall's first game as a starter (WITH two years as a starter in JUCO under his belt), he was 10/19 for 99 yards with 0 TDs. QBR of 23.0. Johnson was 11/21 for 137 yards and a TD. QBR of 40.2.

That year we beat decent but unranked opponent Washington State 31-24 (sound familiar?) Ended up winning the SEC & playing in the national championship.

Who did we lose to in that championship game? Heisman trophy winner Jameis Winston. How did he do against Louisville last year? Three interceptions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:45:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »
Didn't read this whole thread, but just saw this and had to comment:

You don't have to go back 13 years to dispute your claim.

Marshall's first game as a starter (WITH two years as a starter in JUCO under his belt), he was 10/19 for 99 yards with 0 TDs. QBR of 23.0. Johnson was 11/21 for 137 yards and a TD. QBR of 40.2.

That year we beat decent but unranked opponent Washington State 31-24 (sound familiar?) Ended up winning the SEC & playing in the national championship.

Who did we lose to in that championship game? Heisman trophy winner Jameis Winston. How did he do against Louisville last year? Three interceptions.

Bingo.

Louisville's D are ball hawks. They led the nation in INTs last year. So yeah you throw the ball into double coverage or more and that will happen against UL. Their secondary is great and covered our WRs well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:26 PM »
We need a leader not a loser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »
Bingo.

Louisville's D are ball hawks. They led the nation in INTs last year. So yeah you throw the ball into double coverage or more and that will happen against UL. Their secondary is great and covered our WRs well.

If we hadn't paid so much for that new video board, we could afford a better quarterback.   :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »

If we hadn't paid so much for that new video board, we could afford a better quarterback.   :haha:
I knew it was just a matter of time before everyone here would want to make a push for Sean White or to forego that to usher in the Tucker Tuberville era.
That damn scoreboard is cutting into our QB budget and I offer three unchallenged interceptions as definitive proof.
Tear down that monstrosity, it's sapping the life out of our second rate program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2015, 10:06:40 PM »
I thought you were on the Gus Bus. You cannot be on both at the same time.
No, but he can transfer from the Gus Bus to the JJ Jitney
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:10 PM »
Bingo.

I Take all this back. Jj just fucking sucks. That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2015, 03:32:37 AM »
I Take all this back. Jj just fucking sucks. That is all.
Barber & Lewis are the only players we have on the offensive side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
I think we have ten good guys and JJ. Duke didn't just start not catching.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
I think we have ten good guys and JJ. Duke didn't just start not catching.  :facepalm:
My issue is that the play of the game was Roc being mistakenly found wide open. Where is the controlled passing game or better yet, an active running game that supports play action?

Do we even have a TE?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »
My issue is that the play of the game was Roc being mistakenly found wide open. Where is the controlled passing game or better yet, an active running game that supports play action?

Do we even have a TE?

Rhett and his play calling is  :huh: I hope (but don't think so) is that they were waiting to get into SEC play to open it up. (I know better)

That team that played yesterday shows up in Baton Rouge, gets beat by at least 28.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions