Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 1

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Thoughts - Week 1
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »
I'm staying on the JJ bandwagon.  May just be me and his family members but I'm gonna' ride it out.  Correct the mistakes.  Bring him along a little slower and I think the kid will wind up setting records. Hopefully not for most interceptions.
I thought you were on the Gus Bus. You cannot be on both at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
Greedy Play calling? I've seen this posted and I be like  :facepalm: . Are there not usually 3 options/checkdowns

Not always. We have seen with Gus a lot in the past that he likes to send that one guy down the middle alone.

There may have been a back in the flats, or another outlet. But is looks like that all fall practice, the ball has been going deep. To know this is what you have been ding all summer and to see how tight UL was playing the deep ball, it was a bit greedy to call that play and hope your QB checks down to something he obviously has not done a lot of. (or maybe he just sucks at it) So it seems that the play calling had more go for broke calls than should have been. It bit us. Whether it was JJ not doing his job, or the coaches not recognizing the short game was more productive, it comes out looking like somebody wanted all the gold a little too much. This offense is supposed to be take what you are given, but we've seen a lot of forced long balls over the last few seasons. We also seem to forget there is a middle of the field. With a 6' 12" QB who can throw the dig and see the field, why are we still calling the same passing game the we used with NM?

This is a two-fold fix. JJ needs to relax and run or throw the ball away more. Or the coaches need to do a better job dictating the short passing game.

With Barber we will have a strong run game. now we need to get the ball into the playmakers' hands and let them run with it. And all of this "I don't want JJ running" BS has got to go. JJ needs to run more. there were several time it was pretty obvious that he should have kept it. He's no NM, but you have to keep the defense honest.

I saw a team with a ton of talent and a bit of disjoint on offense. Even reigned in, this offense can be devastating.

So to both the coaches and JJ, I say don't be greedy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
If you care to examine for yourself whether there are "outlet" receivers or "crossing routes" or whatever, or if JJ just makes up his mind where he's going with the ball without going through his progressions, you can look at the the game here, and rewind to your heart's content to see where JJ is looking (and not looking), and where the receivers are. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
I've already watched it three times. Once in person....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:13:08 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »
Not always. We have seen with Gus a lot in the past that he likes to send that one guy down the middle alone.

There may have been a back in the flats, or another outlet. But is looks like that all fall practice, the ball has been going deep. To know this is what you have been ding all summer and to see how tight UL was playing the deep ball, it was a bit greedy to call that play and hope your QB checks down to something he obviously has not done a lot of. (or maybe he just sucks at it) So it seems that the play calling had more go for broke calls than should have been. It bit us. Whether it was JJ not doing his job, or the coaches not recognizing the short game was more productive, it comes out looking like somebody wanted all the gold a little too much. This offense is supposed to be take what you are given, but we've seen a lot of forced long balls over the last few seasons. We also seem to forget there is a middle of the field. With a 6' 12" QB who can throw the dig and see the field, why are we still calling the same passing game the we used with NM?

This is a two-fold fix. JJ needs to relax and run or throw the ball away more. Or the coaches need to do a better job dictating the short passing game.

With Barber we will have a strong run game. now we need to get the ball into the playmakers' hands and let them run with it. And all of this "I don't want JJ running" BS has got to go. JJ needs to run more. there were several time it was pretty obvious that he should have kept it. He's no NM, but you have to keep the defense honest.

I saw a team with a ton of talent and a bit of disjoint on offense. Even reigned in, this offense can be devastating.

Bottom line is that it was a bad passing game for the most part. Gus will fix it.

The three interceptions were not even "good" interceptions, in that, I don't believe there was one that should've even been thrown to the intended receiver.

That's what is most disappointing to me. I'm seeing JJ as a seasoned veteran ready to break records. He is not. And yes, I'm basing that off of one game. But I feel like he still will be that QB that we thought he would be. It's just going to take a few games.

I still think he is potentially the best QB we have and possibly one of the best in the country. Meaning, he has the tools and potential. Intellect, leadership, arm, yadda yadda. I still think he'll be the man.

Just didn't expect a 3 pick game out of the gate and there is no use in pointing fingers. But I don't think he needs coddling. He threw them. That game is over and I hope it's over in his mind. We all know that he's much better than he played.

He's at a tipping point and he just has to tip in the right direction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
Bottom line is that it was a bad passing game for the most part. Gus will fix it.

The three interceptions were not even "good" interceptions, in that, I don't believe there was one that should've even been thrown to the intended receiver.

That's what is most disappointing to me. I'm seeing JJ as a seasoned veteran ready to break records. He is not. And yes, I'm basing that off of one game. But I feel like he still will be that QB that we thought he would be. It's just going to take a few games.

I still think he is potentially the best QB we have and possibly one of the best in the country. Meaning, he has the tools and potential. Intellect, leadership, arm, yadda yadda. I still think he'll be the man.

Just didn't expect a 3 pick game out of the gate and there is no use in pointing fingers. But I don't think he needs coddling. He threw them. That game is over and I hope it's over in his mind. We all know that he's much better than he played.

He's at a tipping point and he just has to tip in the right direction.

He'll be fine. I don't see this as a normal thing.

The thing that gets most people is like someone said earlier, "The INTs were just so damn UGLY"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »

The thing that gets most people is like someone said earlier, "The INTs were just so damn UGLY"!

Exactly.  They looked very much like the INT's the UNC quarterback threw Thursday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »

Gus runs very little quick game.  Just not what he does.   Quick game doesn't fit in power run, play action passing.   

There's going to be one deep route on virtually every concept.  That doesn't mean JJ is supposed to throw it.  Greedy?  Well it's one of two things.  He's being coached to throw it, which I highly doubt.  Or he's not making his reads which is what I see.  He's making his mind up way early, even before the snap.  Numerous times he had open receivers on intermediate or short routes, and chose to throw in to coverage.  Sometimes he threw the intermediate route in to coverage when something else was open. 

One of 2 things.  They are either coaching it, or allowing it to happen.  I've got enough faith in Gus and Lashlee that they're coaching it the way it should work, and has worked well in the past, which doesn't include "JJ sling it deep and see what happens".  Now they've got to find a way to make it work for JJ, and make JJ work for them.  He's not going to be a great decision maker.  They've got to find a way to overcome that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:58 PM »

There were many "non Int's" that were just as ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »
So basically you all just want to see the White boy at QB?

Damn racist bastages!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »
Bring in the Snow Boarder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

Damn racist bastages!

Nah I'm for sticking with JJ, until he shits on himself in the first half of the jsu game. Then yeah, White or call that Tubberville boy back or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »
This guy gives some good statistics:

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2015/9/7/9269197/auburn-tigers-louisville-cardinals-football-detailed-review-five-factors

Get rid of the INTs and we were pretty solid for the first game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
This guy gives some good statistics:

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2015/9/7/9269197/auburn-tigers-louisville-cardinals-football-detailed-review-five-factors

Get rid of the INTs and we were pretty solid for the first game.

The 8 penalties werent good either. Practically gave them an entire field. And negated a TD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2015, 01:17:59 PM »
The 8 penalties werent good either. Practically gave them an entire field. And negated a TD.

And had they called some/just a few on Louisville might have helped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »

Damn racist bastages!

I think JJ can be serviceable.  I'm pretty certain he's far and away the best we got.  "Gushlee" just has to regroup and figure out how to utilize him and put him in the best position to be successful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »

And had they called some/just a few on Louisville might have helped.

freakin' harrumph. When I watched a bit of the replay I started pausing right after a Louisville snap, just to see if they were really as clean as they seemed to be to the officials. They were not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2015, 01:28:54 PM »
I think JJ can be serviceable.

Did you let Gus know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
Did you let Gus know?

I'll put a call in after lunch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »
freakin' harrumph. When I watched a bit of the replay I started pausing right after a Louisville snap, just to see if they were really as clean as they seemed to be to the officials. They were not.

You could see it in real time with their lineman grabbing up high and as our guy tried to spin away he would spin and the jersey stayed in place or he was taken down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'