Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Game Thread

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Game Thread
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2015, 10:56:09 PM »
I can agree that Gus/Lashlee never had us in a sucessful rythym. But each receiver has a responsibility to get open and I don't think Louisville has a top shelf pass defense. The picks are easy to point out. I don't want JJ running.

why didn't we feel that way about cam?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »
I can agree that Gus/Lashlee never had us in a sucessful rythym. But each receiver has a responsibility to get open and I don't think Louisville has a top shelf pass defense. The picks are easy to point out. I don't want JJ running.

Thats my point, the WRs did their job outside of one bad drop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »
why didn't we feel that way about cam?
It always appeared to me that Cam relished running and punishing defenses with that big body.ie. LSU.
I just wanted to see a QB that sprayed it around with a balanced running game and a defense to be proud of.
So my biggest question is what were the other receivers doing on those 12 or so tries in the center of the field?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »
It always appeared to me that Cam relished running and punishing defenses with that big body.ie. LSU.
I just wanted to see a QB that sprayed it around with a balanced running game and a defense to be proud of.
So my biggest question is what were the other receivers doing on those 12 or so tries in the center of the field?

If you mean the extremely ill advised passes into TRIPLE coverage I don't have any screen grabs to show you but the math suggests someone was open.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »
I just didn't see it being on the WR corps. Don't really see how we can judge them anyway since the camera is usually on the backfield and can't see routes and cuts until after the ball is released.

I thought our WR's have improved under DC but this is just one game. You may be right but JJ still threw into coverage. Even triple coverage. I just think he sucked tonight. Heisman talk, first game, in the dome...it happens.

Encouraged by the D, yes. But wasn't that a freshman QB? They won the game for us mostly, IMO. Them and the o line and Barber but still. That QB wore asses out. Tackling improved and better effort.

A win is a win. Without Muschamp, we lose by 14.

If we played Bama next week, we lose.

I don't get why we were ranked so high. Top 20 team but I don't see us as 6. Not yet.

Gotta gel. A qb that's 3 steps slower than Nick and 2 steps slower than Cam means he's  Chris Todd with a canon. That's not bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2015, 11:27:13 PM »
I just didn't see it being on the WR corps. Don't really see how we can judge them anyway since the camera is usually on the backfield and can't see routes and cuts until after the ball is released.

I thought our WR's have improved under DC but this is just one game. You may be right but JJ still threw into coverage. Even triple coverage. I just think he sucked tonight. Heisman talk, first game, in the dome...it happens.

Encouraged by the D, yes. But wasn't that a freshman QB? They won the game for us mostly, IMO. Them and the o line and Barber but still. That QB wore asses out. Tackling improved and better effort.

A win is a win. Without Muschamp, we lose by 14.

If we played Bama next week, we lose.

I don't get why we were ranked so high. Top 20 team but I don't see us as 6. Not yet.

Gotta gel. A qb that's 3 steps slower than Nick and 2 steps slower than Cam means he's  Chris Todd with a canon. That's not bad.

All of this, except their frosh QB. He is pretty damn good
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:53 AM »
A win is a win.

My take:
Jeremy Johnson will learn from his fuck ups...hopefully, he'll learn NOT to chunk it into TRIPLE GOD DAMN, MOTHER FUCKIN', COVERAGE, just sayin'.

Payton Barber is a, like I said two years ago, Ronnie Brown type RB...He can pound the fuck outta the ball.

Jovon looked good in the couple times I saw him (I think he hurt his ankle).

The Defense with Carl Lawson on the field = the '85 Bears' Defense.

Trey Matthews is a fuckin stud, hope he gets back healthy soon.

64 year old Melvin Ray looks a little better.

Duke is a Goddamn Monster.

Running game looks better with Barber in the backfield and Danzey at Left Guard.

If I'm a High School TE prospect, I'm not even thinking about going to Auburn, regardless if they're my favorite school.

Montravious Adams...BEAST

Auburn played 10-12 true freshmen against Louisville, it showed. There will need to be a lot of work done between now and LSU on the passing game and the play calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2015, 12:57:47 AM »
No sir. It matters not to me if Dameyune Craig, Bo Jackson or Cam fucking Newton is the receivers coach/ace recruiter. Teach these kids to work their way open and give their QB an alternative. A double covered Duke Williams is not our only option. Where are the RBs,  the wheel, the tight end, the intermediate routes etc.

I guess Craig told them they did not have to run those routes!

You act like those routes were called but ignored.

We have an issue here not with players, but play calling. Go watch last years Arky game first half and then we can discuss routes.

We are running the same plays as last season, but without a running QB. Until we flood the middle of the field with passes and concentrate on a short passing game, we'll look like crap. Duke did not run one dig route. That is not a player problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »
This just in. Another run around D. Lambert for 12 yds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2015, 01:14:54 AM »
This just in. Another run around D. Lambert for 12 yds.
Oh look, another swing pass to a wide open receiver that has a 15 yard cushion and the LBers are still looking in the backfield.

Auburn's next offensive series, they run the swing pass...it gets clobbered for a 2 yard loss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:07 AM »
 :bar: im on my 10th beer.  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
If you mean the extremely ill advised passes into TRIPLE coverage I don't have any screen grabs to show you but the math suggests someone was open.

Now why you gotta come in here talkin yur math?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2015, 08:25:22 AM »

They had the top Pass D in the country last year (opposing QBR), and the most takeaways. 6th overall D in the country last year. They have 2 ex-UGA players in their secondary. They are a good Defense. Thats not an opinion. Petrino runs their Offense. So Overall, UL is a solid team on both sides of the ball. 1st game of the year, you take that quality win and you learn from it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2015, 08:56:48 AM »
Super encouraged.  The D is 10X better than anything since Tuberville.  The offense struggling was a combination of yes...JJ going full tard at times...and yes....Malzahn and Lashlee going super short bus full tard.  Louisville did what they did doing the full-on..we're behind.... garbage, scrambling gotta' make something happen mode.  Straight up....our D was DAMN GOOD!!!!

Give it next week to work out the offensive kinks.  I like what I saw.

My comment comes after watching live.  And short time to post from phone.

Yes early the defense looked greatly improved.  Late they looked like the defense of recent times.  Don't care that it was Petrino.  We got out flanked on the speed sweep and let their QB break contain way too much.  The positive?  They did make SOME plays.  Enough to beat L'ville in game 1.

Offense?  JJ showed flashes of the talent, but more flashes of bad decisions that cost games.  Run game looked solid enough.  OL could wind up being good.  I hope JJs  issues were first game starter issues. 

Special teams good.

Coaching/game management?  Not so good at times.

Not much to be encouraged by means to me - average (C+) start for a team with A expectations and supposedly A talent.  However it was a win vs. a decent opponent on a big 1st game stage which has often been a disaster for AU in the past.  It was not so bad a performance as to make me think this team will grossly underperform but I didn't see a team destined for greatness.  JMHO YMMV
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:58:30 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
My comment comes after watching live.  And short time to post from phone.

Yes early the defense looked greatly improved.  Late they looked like the defense of recent times.  Don't care that it was Petrino.  We got out flanked on the speed sweep and let their QB break contain way too much.  The positive?  They did make SOME plays.  Enough to beat L'ville in game 1.

Offense?  JJ showed flashes of the talent, but more flashes of bad decisions that cost games.  Run game looked solid enough.  OL could wind up being good.  I hope JJs  issues were first game starter issues. 

Special teams good.

Coaching/game management?  Not so good at times.

Not much to be encouraged by means to me - average (C+) start for a team with A expectations and supposedly A talent.  However it was a win vs. a decent opponent on a big 1st game stage which has often been a disaster for AU in the past.  It was not so bad a performance as to make me think this team will grossly underperform but I didn't see a team destined for greatness.  JMHO YMMV

1st games against quality opponents are disasters for many teams. See yesterday for example. Must suck to be a Penn State, Nebraska or Stanford fan right now.

Miss State was underwhelming against Southern Miss. Tenn gave up boatloads to Bowling Green. And poor Washington State losing to an FCS school. Ouch.

1st games are dangerous in general. To get out of Atlanta against a quality team/coach with all the self inflicted wounds we had....yeah, lets take it. But yes, we have some major shit to work on.

The Braden Smith "hold/trip" and sideline warning putting us in 1st and 35 instead of a TD  (that got negated) - was a HUGE turning point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:16 PM »
1st games against quality opponents are disasters for many teams. See yesterday for example. Must suck to be a Penn State, Nebraska or Stanford fan right now.

Miss State was underwhelming against Southern Miss. Tenn gave up boatloads to Bowling Green. And poor Washington State losing to an FCS school. Ouch.

1st games are dangerous in general. To get out of Atlanta against a quality team/coach with all the self inflicted wounds we had....yeah, lets take it. But yes, we have some major shit to work on.

The Braden Smith "hold/trip" and sideline warning putting us in 1st and 35 instead of a TD  (that got negated) - was a HUGE turning point.

So did Kansas to South Dakota State.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »
Alabama is going to push our shit in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
Alabama is going to push our shit in.

No.  That was a game tailor made for them to win.

The brand of offensive football the Badgers run will never work a against  their defense.  Can't run into the middle and succeed.  They moved the ball through the air and had open receivers more often than they connected.

Coker was bad under pressure.  Little mobility.  They can't just hand off to that caveman over and over and win consistently. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
     I'm not smart enough to know how to do it, but I would really appreciate it if one of you innerweb knower abouters would chop out the video of Petrino when at the end of the game, after calling that last time out, the camera catches him turn around to someone and say "I fucked up".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
     I'm not smart enough to know how to do it, but I would really appreciate it if one of you innerweb knower abouters would chop out the video of Petrino when at the end of the game, after calling that last time out, the camera catches him turn around to someone and say "I fucked up".

Which time?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions