Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2015 Fall Practice

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: 2015 Fall Practice
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:50 AM »
I could stick my head up a butcher's ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
Dude has been in college for a while.

Daniel Cobb and Trovon Reed call this guy Frosh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »
When I see Fast and Physical I think of a nurse chasing me trying to do the tug and cough bit while I'm running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082915aaf.html

TRUST FACTOR: AUBURN DEFENSE SAYS TEAM CHEMISTRY IS GOOD
Aug. 29, 2015

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. — No game this Saturday, but, oh, next week will be much different for Auburn.

The Tigers open the season Sept. 5 against Louisville in the Georgia Dome amid much fanfare, in the form of a Top 10 national ranking, a prediction it will win the Southeastern Conference and a feeling the defense will be much improved now that coordinator Will Muschamp has come on board.

"As a team -- as a defense, especially being on that side of the ball -- I feel good about the improvements we made in camp," said defensive back Jonathan Jones. "I feel good about where we're at heading into game week."

Auburn is off this Saturday, but will return to the practice field Sunday, ready to begin normal game-week preparation after getting a sneak-peek of Louisville in three practice sessions this week.

"I know next week it will be straight Louisville, but it's been exciting to go against somebody else's looks instead of our offense, getting into some of their formation and their looks," Jones said.

Muschamp has brought a more physical style to practice and has created an atmosphere that has helped create more comradery.

"I think as far as chemistry, especially off the field, guys get along and are hanging out more, and that plays a part on the field," Jones said. "You're lining up with someone you have to trust to be there when you need them, and that's a big deal. This team right now has a lot of chemistry and a lot of trust heading into the season, and we need to maintain that."

Jones said the teamwork reminds him of 2013 when Auburn played in the national championship game.

"When we first moved into the dorms in 2013, everybody was around each other a lot, and this year you get that same feeling going through camp. Guys are talking more, being more social and whatnot. We're jelling together as a team," he said.

Jones knows the routine. He's on the watch lists for the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Jim Thorpe Award and the Lott IMPACT Trophy. His six interceptions last season top all returning SEC players.

His new friends in the secondary includes Michigan transfer Blake Countess, who is eligible immediately this season as a senior who transferred with his undergraduate degree; and Tray Matthews, the Georgia transfer who sat out last season.

Joining them will be Auburn veterans in Jonathan Ford, who had a team-best 93 tackles last season; Josh Holsey, who had 41 tackles; and Nick Ruffin, who will have a bigger role in his sophomore season. Freshman Tim Irvin figures to get playing time at safety. Fellow freshmen Jeremiah Dinson and Carlton Davis are also in the secondary mix.

Countess can play cornerback and safety, and can play in nickel package and the obvious-passing-down dime package.

"We've still got some little things to iron out as far as in the game plan," Countess said, "but as far as from a development standpoint, I think we're ready to play."

Holsey also has the versatility to play a variety of positions in the secondary.

Jones knows the defensive marching orders after spending the last nine months with Muschamp.

"I expect us to play physical. Physical and fast, honestly... not to be cliché. That's the motivation. There are always going to be mistakes in the first game. You want to limit the first tackles and things like that, and the explosive plays."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2015, 05:07:25 AM »
Nice to have some level of comfort about our secondary for a change. Been a long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
News on Cowart, Muschamp saying he will be playing alot starting the 1st game. High praise coming from the DC and other teammates.

Marcus Davis has been named starting punt returner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »
But has anyone taken the lead for the long snapper position?  It's been a tight battle the entire Fall camp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »
But has anyone taken the lead for the long snapper position?  It's been a tight battle the entire Fall camp.

Its whoever you want it to be Snaggle, I thought you knew that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2015, 10:07:49 AM »
Its whoever you want it to be Snaggle, I thought you knew that.

I don't think you're taking this seriously.  I'll have my eye on you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083115aaa.html

MONTRAVIUS ADAMS SAYS IT'S TIME FOR AUBURN FOOTBALL
Aug. 31, 2015

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. ― Enough with the waiting. It's time for tackle football, says Auburn defensive lineman Montravius Adams.

"It feels like we've been out there practicing for like a year. Saturday is the first game, and I think we're going to be ready," Adams said after four weeks of preseason practice finally kicked into game-week drills Sunday.

Auburn opens the season against Louisville at 2:30 p.m., Auburn time, in the Georgia Dome, with an energetic defensive coordinator in Will Muschamp, who has already demonstrated he's willing to shake things up by saying he may play eight true freshmen; that Carl Lawson will play his natural defensive end positon as well as the new stand-up Buck position; and by not naming his starting linebackers though he has last year's starters returning to the position.

Message sent.

"With Coach Muschamp coming in," Adams said, "his difference is that everybody is going to be ready and we're going to be a top team. When everybody comes in, and everybody believes that, it will be something special.

"I like some of the stuff that Coach Muschamp does. We’ll be in the weight room and he comes in and supports us. It’s like showing that you care when you’re there watching us making sure we’re doing the right thing. Being on the football field, he’s coming to check everybody to make sure everybody is doing the right thing, not just certain positions and certain people.”

Adams says the defensive lineman are "coming together."

"I think that’s the first thing, becoming brothers and knowing we’ve got each other’s back. Right now, I think we’re at that stage. Now everybody just has to do their job."

Carl Lawson returns at defensive end with the promise of a bigger pass rush. Rookie Byron Cowart could help there as well for a team that finished 11th in sacks in the Southeastern Conference last season. Adams was tied for second on the team with three sacks, a half-sack behind Kris Frost and DaVonte Lambert.

Adams said he and Lawson have been working on the pass rush.

"We trained and learned some new pass rush stuff," Adams said. "Coming back, we’ve got some new players that can help us that we didn’t have last year. We didn’t have the edge pass rusher last year. Having all that this year I think it’s going to help a lot."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »
WTF?

The Auburn Tigers will be without wide receiver Myron Burton Jr. in 2015, according to AL.com.

The wide receiver has left the team after being the Tigers’ A-Day offensive MVP. The redshirt freshman posted seven catches for 124 yards and a touchdown during the spring game.

RELATED: Auburn released 2015 depth chart

Burton Jr. was expected to make an impact this season, and he looked okay during fall camp, even hauling in a 43-yard touchdown reception from Jeremy Johnson while working with the starters during a scrimmage.

No details were provided as to why Burton Jr. made the decision to leave the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
WTF?

The Auburn Tigers will be without wide receiver Myron Burton Jr. in 2015, according to AL.com.

The wide receiver has left the team after being the Tigers’ A-Day offensive MVP. The redshirt freshman posted seven catches for 124 yards and a touchdown during the spring game.

RELATED: Auburn released 2015 depth chart

Burton Jr. was expected to make an impact this season, and he looked okay during fall camp, even hauling in a 43-yard touchdown reception from Jeremy Johnson while working with the starters during a scrimmage.

No details were provided as to why Burton Jr. made the decision to leave the team.

From the other articles I read it didn't sound like he actually was going to get a lot of playing time. Probably decided to look elsewhere.

"Myron's been pretty good," receivers coach Dameyune Craig said Aug. 14. "  Not really a glowing endorsement from DC... add to the fact that he continues "We have some guys that we feel good about and you go into the season with experience, you have guy with that much talent you just want to make sure that if anything was to happen with anybody else, any injuries or whatever, he's able to step up." 

Just sounds like he was going to be riding the pine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
From the other articles I read it didn't sound like he actually was going to get a lot of playing time. Probably decided to look elsewhere.

"Myron's been pretty good," receivers coach Dameyune Craig said Aug. 14. "  Not really a glowing endorsement from DC... add to the fact that he continues "We have some guys that we feel good about and you go into the season with experience, you have guy with that much talent you just want to make sure that if anything was to happen with anybody else, any injuries or whatever, he's able to step up." 

:wartim:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »

How many A-Day MVPs have logged more than 2-3 plays the following season, minus 2010?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2015, 03:45:25 PM »
How many A-Day MVPs have logged more than 2-3 plays the following season, minus 2010?
They be a curse upon that trophy. A curse I tell ya!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburns-Duke-Williams-works-with-first-team-offense-again-39104600?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=aff70d4e1c-150902_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-aff70d4e1c-221629909

Auburn's Duke Williams works with first-team offense again
Ryan Black - 19 hours ago 33

AUBURN - Senior receiver Duke Williams worked with the first-team offense during Tuesday's practice, according to Auburn coach Gus Malzahn. Though Malzahn didn't mention Williams by name during Wednesday's SEC coaches teleconference, he said every receiver on the two-deep depth chart "mixed and matched" with the starting unit and the second team Tuesday.

"I'd say all of them had opportunities to go with the orange and blue," Malzahn said.

Williams was away from the team for a portion of preseason camp to deal with a disciplinary issue. When he returned, Malzahn said Williams would have to work his way back to first-team status. When the Tigers released their depth chart Tuesday, Williams was listed with an "or" designation alongside Tony Stevens as a starter at one of the receiver positions.

But Malzahn refused to say that Tuesday's depth chart news or practice meant Williams will be in the starting lineup for Saturday's opener against Louisville in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at Atlanta's Georgia Dome.

"We'll just see where we are," Malzahn said. "We'll see how these guys practice this week, too."

More from Malzahn's teleconference appearance:

Asked to whether there were any "off field issues" with senior linebacker Cassanova McKinzy, Malzahn said he wasn't aware of anything.

If anything were to arise with McKinzy or any other player, Malzahn said he would do his due diligence. And he would do so in private.

"If any issues come about -- first of all, we have high expectations for our players -- it's between me and my players," Malzahn said. "I deal with each situation accordingly."

Auburn has yet to decide which players will serve as team captains this fall.

"By tomorrow, we will definitely have our captains that will go out for our coin flip," Malzahn said. "Well, we've got three or four guys that we're considering on the offensive side, which is a good thing. And we've got two or three we're considering on the defensive side."

Junior safety Rudy Ford, Malzahn said, has become "one of our better players overall" and only continues to improve.

"He's a very good tackler, and he's one of our fastest players," Malzahn said. "He just really has a lot of confidence right now."

Ford will also get a chance to become a standout kick returner.

"I know he's excited about," Malzahn said. "He's worked very hard in that area and he's going to be one of our better special teams players, too. So I'm very proud of Rudy and he's done a super job off the field, too."

On defensive coordinator Will Muschamp

"Will has done a great job. The defense has really taken on his personality and he has the guys well-prepared. He has them playing extremely hard and I expect that group will grow as the season goes on and he'll learn more about his players. He's been a head coach in this league, which has been great for me. I bounce things off of him from time to time and he's just a true professional."

On the Tigers' biggest question mark entering the 2015 season

"I think probably the biggest thing is how the inexperienced guys are going to respond. If you look at our offense, we're going to have three tailbacks -- and Roc (Thomas) got some quality carries last year at times, but the volume wasn't much. So how are these guys going to handle the football? And then we've got two fullbacks, they've never played in a game situation. We've got a new right guard, and even though Jeremy (Johnson) has experience, this is the first time it's his team.

"Defensively, I think Will will play five guys that are freshmen. And we've got a couple new transfers, too. ... But probably the biggest question is how the new guys will respond."

On being balanced offensively

"Each game, defenses have plans and sometimes they make you throw it and sometimes they make you run it. And the key to being good offensively is being able to do both when they give you one or the other. That’s our challenge. We strive to be balanced, but most of the time that’s dictated by what they’re giving you. Our hope this year is that we’re able to throw the ball effectively and run the ball effectively, too."

On defensive end Carl Lawson

"He's definitely a factor. When he doesn't make a play, he disrupts things and he really makes it easier for others to make plays. But that's his motor. He just plays so hard. I really think he's much improved from his freshman year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburns-Duke-Williams-works-with-first-team-offense-again-39104600?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=aff70d4e1c-150902_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-aff70d4e1c-221629909
I can't wait for Saturday. I'm heading out tomorrow and driving up to Louisville for the game. Does anyone need a ride?

Don't have tickets but I figure they'll be pretty cheap right before kick off. War Eagle guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »
I can't wait for Saturday. I'm heading out tomorrow and driving up to Louisville for the game. Does anyone need a ride?

Don't have tickets but I figure they'll be pretty cheap right before kick off. War Eagle guys.

You driving through ATL? Should probably plan on it. I heard there is a pretty game going on there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions