Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2015 Fall Practice

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 2015 Fall Practice
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »
I guess I'm just old but I don't care much for hype vids when we have the right elements to win the West though I'm not so pleased with Malzahn tempering expectations. Just have them ready unlike the start of 2010.

It transitioned so fast, I felt like Data scouring Starfleet logs for information on the Borg!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2015, 12:25:32 PM »
The return of a top 10 defense?  :huh:

Lets hope, but I dunno if I'd put that thar in the video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2015, 12:28:01 PM »
It transitioned so fast, I felt like Data scouring Starfleet logs for information on the Borg!
Hate that keep it close feel like we'll win it Chiz line that Gus adopted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2015, 01:01:45 PM »
dude, we will be a top 10 d in the conference this year. trust me.
WOTS is that Marcus Davis and Stanton Truitt are moving to cornerback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
Hate that keep it close feel like we'll win it Chiz line that Gus adopted.
What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
WOTS is that Marcus Davis and Stanton Truitt are moving to cornerback.

This had better be some extremely shitty skreets.  MD is set for a killer year IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »
This had better be some extremely shitty skreets.  MD is set for a killer year IMO.

Yes, those that are of the dirt kind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2015, 02:46:08 PM »
The return of a top 10 defense?  :huh:

Lets hope, but I dunno if I'd put that thar in the video.

I'm thinking he is doing a little prognostification.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »
He is a terrific option as a possession receiver yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2015, 03:50:38 PM »
How's the White boy doing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »
How's the White boy doing?
The White boy is both keen and accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082415aaa.html

JEREMY JOHNSON, CARL LAWSON STAY HOT IN AUBURN PRACTICE
Aug. 24, 2015

Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. ― Jeremy Johnson and Carl Lawson have been two of the hottest names during Auburn's first three weeks of football practice, and they remained that way Monday as the Tigers began heading to their final two weeks of preseason drills.

Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said Johnson, the quarterback, has had a fine preseason practice "and I expect him to get even better in the next two weeks." Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp said Lawson, a defensive end, gives offenses pause because they "have to account for him on every snap. The guy plays with a tremendous motor."

Lashlee and Muschamp each said during Monday's Tiger Talk radio show that Auburn is on track for the opener against Louisville on Sept. 5.

"I'm pleased with where we are," Muschamp said.

Lashlee said that defense has helped.

"It's been great. Their energy…they're so multiple… It's helped us for this first game," Lashlee said. "But the overall energy the defense is playing with, the way they're competing, has had our guys raise our level. I think we're making each other better."

Muschamp named much of his depth chart, giving them a nod for having a good preseason camp. One of those players, of course, was Lawson, who'll play defensive end and the stand-up Buck position in Muschamp's defense.

"He's a smart football player. He's just not a one-way player… he rushes the passer extremely well, and he's a very good run-defender as well," Muschamp said.

Auburn's defense has some injuries, but "nothing serious," Muschamp said, though said he would like to get safety Tray Matthews back from a nagging hamstring injury.

"I think we're on the verge of that right now getting him back on the field full time. He's been doing part-time duty the last week or so," Muschamp said.

That secondary has some experience, and some newcomers.

"We're in a much better place than we were in the spring," Muschamp said. "You take the emergence of (freshmen) Carlton Davis and Jeremiah Dinson. They have allowed us to be flexible with a guy like (transfer) Blake Countess, who is a really good football player. "

Lashlee said his offense has been "first and foremost" healthy. He said Auburn will switch to game-week practice when it returns to the field Tuesday, even though the game is two practice weeks away.

"We're excited to kind of get geared toward that game," he said.

Lashlee said he's Johnson's leadership and "he's taken it to a new level."

He also said he offensive tackle Shon Coleman "has taken a big step in the spring and the fall. Everybody knows his ability."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
That article gave me cause for splooge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »
That article gave me cause for splooge.

Something tellz meze, weze  gonna be ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
'Bringing the boom:' Matthews full-speed again
Phillip Marshall - 9 hours ago 4

AUBURN – For Auburn safety Tray Matthews, the wait was maddening, even depressing. As his teammates went through the grind of preseason practice, a balky hamstring kept him from doing what he loves best.

Matthews, who sat out last season after transferring from Georgia, did what he could to prepare himself to run first-year coordinator Will Muschamp’s defense.

“It was eating me alive,” Matthews said. “I was kind of in a depressing moment for a minute, but I’d rather be out at this time than on Sept. 5

Tuesday, Matthews was once again a full-participant in practice. And he relished every minute of it as the Tigers tuned their full attention to the Sept. 5 opener against Louisville in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

“Coach Muschamp emphasizes physicality,” Matthews said. “We bring that to the table more and more every day. Now that I’m back, I’m trying to bring it every day. I’m going to be the one that’s bringing the boom every practice and every game.”

Matthews, who had hamstring issues as a freshman at Georgia, said he doesn’t expect similar problems in the coming season.

“It’s doing well,’ Matthews said. “I just had a little setback and they wanted to take a few precautions so I can be ready or the game. I’m doing fine now, 100 percent, ready to go.

Senior transfer cornerback Blake Countess said that is good news for the defense.

“He’s just a guy that is flying around,” Countess said. “You can tell he definitely loves contact and loves football.”

Matthews said he plans on getting some interceptions this season, too. But it starts with his willingness to mix it up.

“It sets the tone for the defense,” Matthews said. “It’s what starts everything, gets everyone doing. If I do that, other players are going to start doing it. If they get to doing it, I’m going to start bringing it more.”

After moving into the playing rotation as a true freshman, Matthews, from Newnan, Ga., left Georgia under unhappy circumstances in June of 2004. He got another chance at Auburn, toiled on the scout team throughout last season and claimed a starting safety job last spring.

Matthews will play his first game in an Auburn uniform back in his home state.

“I’m just anxious to be out there again, ready to play in front of thousands of people, ready to help this Auburn defense,” Matthews said. “I’m loving it here, so it’s not really a big difference. I’m just ready to play football again.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »
After moving into the playing rotation as a true freshman, Matthews, from Newnan, Ga., left Georgia under unhappy circumstances in June of 2004.
Dude has been in college for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
He's a double.major.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »

Lots of people go to school for 11 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »
Lots of people go to school for 11 years.

Yeah, Tommy.  They're called doctors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.