Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unintended consequences of legalizing gay marriage.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Unintended consequences of legalizing gay marriage.
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Hey Jim, let's rub our wieners together.  Come on you sumbitch, I won't tell nobody.

Definitely not a Con Law expert by any means.  My understanding of the original intent of the 14th Amendment was to address the rights of former slaves, giving them equal protection under the laws. I think it's logical that the Courts would expand that premise to give equal protection to any and all citizens and it seems they have down through the years.  Is the argument that it should only apply to an identifiable class of people?  Maybe that's in some of the opinions but like I said, I don't know enough about it to debate the issue. 

That's the gist.  Now we'll get a "lesson" on those damned activist judges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
Unintended consequences?

Y'all are acting like these guys have been intentionally skirting the law but now they can't take advantage of us anymore. That's ridiculous...

They now have rights that everyone else has. And have to obey the laws...and tax laws...like everyone else has too. It's why this shit shouldn't have been a fucking issue in the first place. Let the gays marry, and the government needs to stay the fuck out of it. They have every right to have insurance and be able to file being married to get tax benefits. Now if they don't want to get married, fuck them, they have no marriage rights.

I don't see why this is so difficult for some people to handle...

Ummm glad you got all of that from what I said.

If you would read closer you would see that you agree with me. The govt getting IN the business of marriage and regulating it is what causes the unintended consequences and will continue to do so. Since this has been ruled on, there is a precedent at the fed gov level. It's also tied to tax statuses and other things. Things the govt has interjected itself into. And those are where the consequences will happen. This stuff is all intertwined. And why? Because the govt has put itself in this business.

I personally like Rand Paul's idea. Govt get out of it entirely. Let a clergyman do it. Or get a witness or notary to sign it. Simple as that. Govt has never had the right to grant who you can or can't be or live with - in a civil contract kind of way. Marriage is simply a civil contact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
Marriage is simply a civil contact.

Civil as long as you let her think she is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
Marriage is simply a civil contact.
Civil as long as you let him/her/it think he/she/it is right.
fixt (translated from α --> β)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
Here's an unintended consequence. 

Staying at a resort in Arizona this week.  Six of the most fucked up looking Justin Bieberish women you've ever seen come to the pool.  Wearing board shorts, flip flops and strap t-shirts.  Some had heads shaved on the side with dyed whoops up on top.  Two of them had adopted the ugly ass Big Boo look from Orange is the New Black. 

Sort of hard to tell what they actually were, frankly. Ugly effeminate men?  Ugly vaguely masculine women?  Disgusting. 

This kind of gross shit

That's bad enough.   Kids don't need to see that and be told it's "normal" or an acceptable choice. 

To make matters worse, two of these hideous creatures started tongue wrestling while sitting on the same lounge chair. 

The sick fucks don't stay behind closed doors where nobody would care.  They drag their abominations out in public and force the world to look.  They dare anybody to say anything. 

I'm really not a violent person, but if I'd had a flame thrower and there were no mortal consequences I would have burned the entire group off the face of the earth.  I doubt anybody would have noticed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
Here's an unintended consequence. 
I'm really not a violent person, but if I'd had a flame thrower and there were no mortal consequences I would have burned the entire group off the face of the earth.  I doubt anybody would have noticed.
So the glass-half-full take would be - there was almost some hot girl-on-girl action at the pool today....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions