Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unintended consequences of legalizing gay marriage.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Unintended consequences of legalizing gay marriage.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
Lifestyle choice is NOT a human right! You are sorely confused. If you think it is, be prepared for all of the other deviants wanting theirs also.

See...this is where we are different. I just don't know if it is a choice or not. I am leaning toward it not being a choice but I really don't know. Why would a dude choose to be gay? It just doesn't make sense to me.

But, what if it is not a choice. What if you are wrong and being gay was something in the DNA or was something in the psyche? Why deny them a choice to be happy?

Unlike you guys, I can honestly say with 100% certainty that I have no fucking clue. I don't know if they are born like that or if it is a choice for them? And I can also say with 100% certainty that you guys don't either. So with that said, why not let them enjoy their lives like we do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:42 PM »
See...this is where we are different. I just don't know if it is a choice or not. I am leaning toward it not being a choice but I really don't know. Why would a dude choose to be gay? It just doesn't make sense to me.

But, what if it is not a choice. What if you are wrong and being gay was something in the DNA or was something in the psyche? Why deny them a choice to be happy?

Unlike you guys, I can honestly say with 100% certainty that I have no fucking clue. I don't know if they are born like that or if it is a choice for them? And I can also say with 100% certainty that you guys don't either. So with that said, why not let them enjoy their lives like we do?

Got 100X more exposure to teh gays than most on here. Let the jokes begin.  Don't care.  I've had honest discussions with several and if you think that most make a "lifestyle choice"...then you are mistaken. If someone chooses to experiment and try the "I kissed a girl and I liked it" then yeah, you're making a "choice".  But please explain to me how someone can honestly say, "I am in no way attracted to the opposite sex. Not sexually, emotionally, physically etc." and you think they're making a choice.  Just taking a hetero man's perspective here....Take the emotions that you feel towards a woman...you find her attractive...you find her sexy...you connect on a different level....there's something there that makes you feel like you want to be with her on more than just a casual basis.  Now take a man who can say with 100% certainty that he feels none of that for any woman.  No way shape or form does he feel that for any woman.  But he does for a man.

Did he make a choice?  Did he choose to feel that way?  Or did he just decide that well, things aren't working out with the whole woman dating thing....I think I'll just choose the gay lifestyle? Come on, you people are smarter than that.

I consider myself a Christian. I attend a huge Methodist church here in Dothan.  With all the events coming down lately with the SCOTUS ruling for gay marriage, I asked our pastor his views on it and where he stands on the issue.  He said he's studied it from every perspective possible and can't say definitively that it's right or wrong.  Adam Hamilton is the pastor of the biggest Methodist church in America.  He says exactly the same thing.  Look, I'm just telling you that I've asked the hard (oops) questions from several gay people.  It's NOT a choice for the majority of them.  It's the way they were born.  THEY didn't have a choice.  Just like YOU didn't have a choice.  Do you think God loves a child born with Down's Syndrome any less because he/she was born that way? Did that child have a choice? 

Bottom line, I keep hearing the word "choice"..."Choosing a lifestyle".  The gay people I have asked the pointed questions of say it has zero to do with choice. They didn't "decide" to opt for men over women.  That's been their make up from birth.  That's the way they were "created".  What would you have them do?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »
Got 100X more exposure to teh gays than most on here. Let the jokes begin.  Don't care.  I've had honest discussions with several and if you think that most make a "lifestyle choice"...then you are mistaken. If someone chooses to experiment and try the "I kissed a girl and I liked it" then yeah, you're making a "choice".  But please explain to me how someone can honestly say, "I am in no way attracted to the opposite sex. Not sexually, emotionally, physically etc." and you think they're making a choice.  Just taking a hetero man's perspective here....Take the emotions that you feel towards a woman...you find her attractive...you find her sexy...you connect on a different level....there's something there that makes you feel like you want to be with her on more than just a casual basis.  Now take a man who can say with 100% certainty that he feels none of that for any woman.  No way shape or form does he feel that for any woman.  But he does for a man.

Did he make a choice?  Did he choose to feel that way?  Or did he just decide that well, things aren't working out with the whole woman dating thing....I think I'll just choose the gay lifestyle? Come on, you people are smarter than that.

I consider myself a Christian. I attend a huge Methodist church here in Dothan.  With all the events coming down lately with the SCOTUS ruling for gay marriage, I asked our pastor his views on it and where he stands on the issue.  He said he's studied it from every perspective possible and can't say definitively that it's right or wrong.  Adam Hamilton is the pastor of the biggest Methodist church in America.  He says exactly the same thing.  Look, I'm just telling you that I've asked the hard (oops) questions from several gay people.  It's NOT a choice for the majority of them.  It's the way they were born.  THEY didn't have a choice.  Just like YOU didn't have a choice.  Do you think God loves a child born with Down's Syndrome any less because he/she was born that way? Did that child have a choice? 

Bottom line, I keep hearing the word "choice"..."Choosing a lifestyle".  The gay people I have asked the pointed questions of say it has zero to do with choice. They didn't "decide" to opt for men over women.  That's been their make up from birth.  That's the way they were "created".  What would you have them do?

Welp, there's yer problem  (Methodists love them some kweers)

You cannot say it is not a choice - it is not just some pre-disposition to buttseks.  It can be a learned thing.  Yes, I recall some sissy types from school and sure enough they are gay in their adult selves at the 20-year reunion.  But, what made them that way in the first place - were they born with it, did they pick it up through certain cues and events, was it pounded into their ass - ok, you get the idea.  It's like saying Jimmy is an alcoholic strictly because Big Jim was and Jimmy just inherited the drunk gene - nope, Jimmy learned to be a drunk from Big Jim.

I have no qualm if they want to be homosexual, but just like other people loudly calling for "equality", what they really want is to be super-equal - they want to have their cake (cock?) and eat it too.  Tolerance does not mean approval.

And comparing it to Down's is a horrid analogy.  (Don't get excited, I didn't say anal whore, VV)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 01:10:58 AM »

First. You need to run fast from that pastor. The methodist convention that just concluded did not agree with what he is teaching.

Second. If its genetic, it is a well hidden trait. No one has found it yet and you know they are out there looking hard.

People are born with many depraved thoughts. That does not make those thought OK to act upon. There is your "choice"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 10:00:21 AM »
First. You need to run fast from that pastor. The methodist convention that just concluded did not agree with what he is teaching.

Second. If its genetic, it is a well hidden trait. No one has found it yet and you know they are out there looking hard.

People are born with many depraved thoughts. That does not make those thought OK to act upon. There is your "choice"!
Nice of you to try but you won't change these queers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
Nice of you to try but you won't change these queers.

No, yur a queer you looser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
I totally agree that people make lifestyle choices, including the decision to engage in teh ghey butt secks or Lebanese carpet munch.

I also believe that despite the absence of some rogue gene, that some are born that way and have no control over the fact that they in no way shape or form have any attraction to the opposite sex.  It's not their environment.  It's not conditioning.  It's not brainwashing. Never had it, never will.

In addition, I'm not running from my pastor because he can't definitively say where the Bible comes down on the issue.  Nor will I disregard the position of one of the more influential Methodist pastors in the nation because he says it's okay to question the Bible.  Neither are saying, much less teaching that GBS or LCM are okay.  Just that they don't see it as clear cut as some believe.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 10:45:24 AM »
I have grown up in the Southern Baptist church and I don't know exactly what the SBC officially says regarding the gays but I think we are supposed to beat the hell out of them. Whatever it takes to keep them out of the church, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 11:42:21 AM »
I totally agree that people make lifestyle choices, including the decision to engage in teh ghey butt secks or Lebanese carpet munch.

I also believe that despite the absence of some rogue gene, that some are born that way and have no control over the fact that they in no way shape or form have any attraction to the opposite sex.  It's not their environment.  It's not conditioning.  It's not brainwashing. Never had it, never will.

In addition, I'm not running from my pastor because he can't definitively say where the Bible comes down on the issue.  Nor will I disregard the position of one of the more influential Methodist pastors in the nation because he says it's okay to question the Bible.  Neither are saying, much less teaching that GBS or LCM are okay.  Just that they don't see it as clear cut as some believe.   

This is where I stand. I don't see it as clear cut. How people can condemn other people is beyond me. But whatever.

You cannot say it is not a choice - it is not just some pre-disposition to buttseks.

See, that's what snaggle is talking about. It's not just sex that gay people enjoy. It's everything you find attractive about a woman, they find attractive about a person of the same sex. You guys are too hung up on the sex part...

I have no qualm if they want to be homosexual, but just like other people loudly calling for "equality", what they really want is to be super-equal - they want to have their cake (cock?) and eat it too. 

Huh? What the fuck is the definition of "super-equal"? Is that more than equal? They want to fucking marry...so that's "super-equal"? You may have just topped CCTAU with the most ignorant comment...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »

Then you search for the cure.

Not that difficult a concept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »
Not that difficult a concept.

it's like shootin' lions in a barrel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
If it were indeed genetic, then please explain why less than 10% of the siblings of Gay Identical twins, are gay themselves?

If it were genetic and identical twins by definition have the exact same DNA should they both not be gay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »
If it were indeed genetic, then please explain why less than 10% of the siblings of Gay Identical twins, are gay themselves?

If it were genetic and identical twins by definition have the exact same DNA should they both not be gay?

You just have to take SCOTUS' word on it...

They deemed homosexuals to be a new race and that is what you must believe too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 04:26:10 PM »

They deemed homosexuals to be a new race

Intentionally misleading or just stupid?

Probably "b".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
Not sure why you have to find a gene or a cause for homosexuality.  Maybe these are not the droids you are looking for. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
Intentionally misleading or just stupid?

Probably "b".

Just because you are too stupid to understand the original intent of the 14th amendment and how this ruling affects the 10th, well that petty much reflects on you, not me.

There is no other way to see it. In order to use the 14th amendment in this case, you must equate homosexuals with blacks. One has a genetic marker that can be found. The other, not so much.

You are pretty much a pompous asshole that thinks they are smarter than some of the rest of us. But you never really back up your idiot statements. Very telling. Do you drive a big shiny red corvette also...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 05:07:04 PM »
Hey Jim, let's rub our wieners together.  Come on you sumbitch, I won't tell nobody.

Definitely not a Con Law expert by any means.  My understanding of the original intent of the 14th Amendment was to address the rights of former slaves, giving them equal protection under the laws. I think it's logical that the Courts would expand that premise to give equal protection to any and all citizens and it seems they have down through the years.  Is the argument that it should only apply to an identifiable class of people?  Maybe that's in some of the opinions but like I said, I don't know enough about it to debate the issue. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
Do you drive a big shiny red corvette also...

Up your butt, joeboo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
Up your butt, joeboo.

Offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 06:30:01 PM »
Huh? What the fuck is the definition of "super-equal"? Is that more than equal? They want to fucking marry...so that's "super-equal"? You may have just topped CCTAU with the most ignorant comment...
"ignernt"  come on now, spell it like you said it

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions