Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Nice story. But, if your grandmother had made you get off your lazy ass and get a summer job instead of laying around and watching the Mets, you might have actually amounted to something in life. So, I wouldn't necessarily look on those days as fond memories.

Unknowingly, you were setting yourself up to become the bum that you are today. I mean, seriously. No offense intended but I know you can't be working all of the days that I see you posting stuff on here. You are wasting valuable work time. Get back to work. It's ridiculous.

All I've ever cared about was video games and they made me a millionaire. So maybe I don't know what the Civil War was, or who invented the helicopter even though I own one, but I did beat The Legend of Zelda before I could walk. I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »

I admit I laughed and I know you were just being sar-cat-stick.  Because everyone knows that any kid who ever sat over at the grandparent's house in the summer, was only sitting on their ass because that's where you shelled peas, cracked pecans and shucked corn.

I had actually watched the Great Grandma knit the whole families presents for the following Christmas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 01:04:17 AM »

I admit I laughed and I know you were just being sar-cat-stick.  Because everyone knows that any kid who ever sat over at the grandparent's house in the summer, was only sitting on their ass because that's where you shelled peas, cracked pecans and shucked corn.

My grandmother made you "look" your peas and pick out any that had the slightest discernible flaw. And Lord help you if she found one in your bowl later.

I was just thinking last week about helping with the vegetables every summer, and how good fresh tomatoes taste, and how yummy homemade creamed corn is.  I got downright nostalgic. Great memories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
My grandmother made you "look" your peas and pick out any that had the slightest discernible flaw. And Lord help you if she found one in your bowl later.

I was just thinking last week about helping with the vegetables every summer, and how good fresh tomatoes taste, and how yummy homemade creamed corn is.  I got downright nostalgic. Great memories.
Yummy, yes. But as a kid, I was pretty picky about vegetables. Now, I don't think that there is one that I don't like. I guess because I haven't had to pick them in so long.

There was nothing worse than a summer morning when it's already about 90, even before the fog has cleared and you have to head to the pea patch with a 5 gal bucket. You may not be able to see the end of the row because of the fog but you know that you gotsta fill that bucket up several times to get a "hamper". Most of you gay guys on here don't know what a hamper is, I know.

And then, butter beans. Don't get me started. I would itch so bad from allergies to the leaf but that didn't get you a pass.

Shelling butter beans was the worst. I don't know when the auto sheller was invented but I remember it was basically a washing machine tub that rotated and knocked the beans out.

I was number 21 of 22 grandchildren and myself and #22 basically stayed in the country with my grandmother during summers for the first 10 years of my life. We got away with a lot and got out of a lot. We could not escape the pea patch. It was really like convict labor. And if we didn't do it, it wasn't our grandmother who was the enforcer. Our mothers knew how to use a peach tree switch.

And if anyone doesn't think a peach limb switch can make a mofo dance, I'll be glad to show you. I really do think this treatment may have contributed to the anxiety issues that I suffer from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »
You fuckers need to find a new thread.  This thread is supposed to be about how the Rangers are going to play the winner of the Braves/Cubs NLCS in the World Series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »
You fuckers need to find a new thread.  This thread is supposed to be about how the Rangers are going to play the winner of the Braves/Cubs NLCS in the World Series.

Quick summary, go Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »

Shucking corn is much more interesting than the Braves right now...losers of 4 straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »
Shucking corn is much more interesting than the Braves right now...losers of 4 straight.

Watching paint dry is much more intersting than the Rangers. But on a good note, good seats will be easy find in about a month.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »
Quick summary, go Cubs.

This man knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
Oh my gosh. I almost left out picking squash or cutting okra. If you've never had to cut okra, just be glad.

There are several other fruits and vegetables that I have yet to mention. I will cover watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, blueberries and collards in subsequent posts in this thread, for all of those who are interested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »
This man knows.

So, the Cubs have promoted two guys in the week or so? Was watching some highlights from each team and they were saying the Russell kid is still fitting in at 2nd base. Not real sure why the Cubs would have moved him to 2nd if he has been doing so well at shortstop. Although, I didnt realize the Cubs were sucking so bad at 2nd base, so I guess they didn't have anything to lose. I'm still trying to learn all the new faces. This isn't my grandmammy's Cubs team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
Get pumped all you want, Cubby fans.  I saw where Steve Bartman just got playoff tickets. Great seats.  Right on the railing down the left field line.

He's bringing his glove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »
Get pumped all you want, Cubby fans.  I saw where Steve Bartman just got playoff tickets. Great seats.  Right on the railing down the left field line.

He's bringing his glove.

I heard John Rocker is headed back to ATL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
So, the Cubs have promoted two guys in the week or so? Was watching some highlights from each team and they were saying the Russell kid is still fitting in at 2nd base. Not real sure why the Cubs would have moved him to 2nd if he has been doing so well at shortstop. Although, I didnt realize the Cubs were sucking so bad at 2nd base, so I guess they didn't have anything to lose. I'm still trying to learn all the new faces. This isn't my grandmammy's Cubs team.

Yeah, they sent them down at the beginning of the season simply to save money on their contracts.  Bryant is going to be a beast at 3B.  They have had issues at 2B basically since Ryno retired.  Hopefully the Russell kid will work out better than Darwin Barney...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »

He's bringing his glove.

Here's the real Steve Bartman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:17 PM »
Here's the real Steve Bartman

Mark.  That left one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
I will say this too about teams past, the 1995 Braves corp group of pitchers were badazz. I mean, dayum, I think other teams were giving out bonuses to their hitters if they could at least get on base. Out of the main 4, Smoltz was my favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
I will say this too about teams past, the 1995 Braves corp group of pitchers were badazz. I mean, dayum, I think other teams were giving out bonuses to their hitters if they could at least get on base. Out of the main 4, Smoltz was my favorite.

The Big 4 can't hold a candle to Julio Tehran.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
Aaaaaannnd...the Braves drop another. Let's see. 3 game series where they've scored maybe 5 runs combined.  Frick, the shittiness is kicking in early.  Yep, could be 105 losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:59 AM »
Aaaaaannnd...the Braves drop another. Let's see. 3 game series where they've scored maybe 5 runs combined.  Frick, the shittiness is kicking in early.  Yep, could be 105 losses.

Don't beat yourself up too much. The Mets are playing better than anybody right now. The Mets/Yankees series this weekend should be fun to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions