Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dear Atlanta Braves,

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Dear Atlanta Braves,
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:55:20 PM »
Dear Atlanta Braves,

I supported you through the Rafael Ramirez, Pascual Perez and Claudell Washington years.  I was with you for Rick Camp, Biff Pocoroba, Rick Maehler. Through years of losing. Through Ted managing. And Chuck Tanner. And Bobby Wine. And Russ Nixon. 

I've always been there. My grandmother loved the Braves. Loved watching them on TBS even when they lost.

And when you won? I was there for that too. All the years of almosts with the greatest pitching staff in the history of the game. 

But now?   Now? 

Fuck you Atlanta. 

Trading Simmons is the final straw.   I'm done.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Dear Atlanta Braves,
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
Dear Atlanta Braves,

I supported you through the Rafael Ramirez, Pascual Perez and Claudell Washington years.  I was with you for Rick Camp, Biff Pocoroba, Rick Maehler. Through years of losing. Through Ted managing. And Chuck Tanner. And Bobby Wine. And Russ Nixon. 

I've always been there. My grandmother loved the Braves. Loved watching them on TBS even when they lost.

And when you won? I was there for that too. All the years of almosts with the greatest pitching staff in the history of the game. 

But now?   Now? 

Fuck you Atlanta. 

Trading Simmons is the final straw.   I'm done.

K, I feel your pain.  All of the above.  I was in Fulton County Stadium for Len Barker's debut.  You know, pitched one no-hitter, so sell your soul for the greatest pitcher ever? 

Simmons surprises me...but then it doesn't.  It's been a fire sale and like I said in the Bitch & Moan...Freeman will be next.  Now, THAT...I will BITCH AND MOAN if it happens.  But looking at Simmons, I'm suddenly kind of meh on this deal.  Great, great, great defensive player.  Almost non-existent stick.  4 HR's this season and 40 odd Ribbie's. He was going backwards. They unloaded an $8.2 million contract they were beholden to for the next 5 years.  Signed through 2020.

So....the Braves are essentially a clean slate.  They need a lot.  Numerous young, live arms on the pitching staff.  Several solid starters but they need to go get a #1.  A boy-dog they can build Tehran, Miller & one other around.  They NEED a catcher.  Pryzyrinskizi is solid but 74 years old and Bettencourt is...suck.  Freeman is A number 1 if he stays and I believe Olivera will be the bomb.  Need to add a top free agent on the infield.  Outfield...Maybin was dynamic at times.  Markakis is signed so he's there. Need to spend that extra cash on a big time bat.  As in .295  30 HR 107 RBI.

Like I said in B & M...I'm hoping there's a master plan.  You don't completely tear a team down to the ground unless you have some direction in building it back up.  It's obvious they went into the think tank and said this ain't working.  Blow it up.  The question is what's the second part of the plan?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 12:30:07 AM »

The question is what's the second part of the plan?

Profit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:57:14 AM »
K, I feel your pain.  All of the above.  I was in Fulton County Stadium for Len Barker's debut.  You know, pitched one no-hitter, so sell your soul for the greatest pitcher ever? 

Simmons surprises me...but then it doesn't.  It's been a fire sale and like I said in the Bitch & Moan...Freeman will be next.  Now, THAT...I will BITCH AND MOAN if it happens.  But looking at Simmons, I'm suddenly kind of meh on this deal.  Great, great, great defensive player.  Almost non-existent stick.  4 HR's this season and 40 odd Ribbie's. He was going backwards. They unloaded an $8.2 million contract they were beholden to for the next 5 years.  Signed through 2020.

So....the Braves are essentially a clean slate.  They need a lot.  Numerous young, live arms on the pitching staff.  Several solid starters but they need to go get a #1.  A boy-dog they can build Tehran, Miller & one other around.  They NEED a catcher.  Pryzyrinskizi is solid but 74 years old and Bettencourt is...suck.  Freeman is A number 1 if he stays and I believe Olivera will be the bomb.  Need to add a top free agent on the infield.  Outfield...Maybin was dynamic at times.  Markakis is signed so he's there. Need to spend that extra cash on a big time bat.  As in .295  30 HR 107 RBI.

Like I said in B & M...I'm hoping there's a master plan.  You don't completely tear a team down to the ground unless you have some direction in building it back up.  It's obvious they went into the think tank and said this ain't working.  Blow it up.  The question is what's the second part of the plan?

You count on your shortstop to clean up the middle, not to hit homers and drive in runs.  He got on base. He scored runs. Put the ball in play.  Only like 40 something K's in 550 at-bats.

Simmons was good enough in the field that I might watch games just hoping to see him do something spectacular. 

Ozzie Smith didn't hit homers or drive in runs either. 

Fuck the Braves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
You count on your shortstop to clean up the middle, not to hit homers and drive in runs.  He got on base. He scored runs. Put the ball in play.  Only like 40 something K's in 550 at-bats.

Simmons was good enough in the field that I might watch games just hoping to see him do something spectacular. 

Fuck the Braves.

The Oz was a silver slugger. Your mouth is dirty and whorish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:11:39 AM »

Fuck the Braves.

Yardbelly did the same thing, but I didn't want him as the permanent starter.

We have never had THAT guy at SS. We always end up with "seviceable".

Will we get THAT guy now? I doubt it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »
Aaaannnd there goes Cameron Maybin.  Banished to Detroit.  So, the Braves will now have a roster that goes Freeman, Markakis and 20+ guys named Gonzales or Rodriguez or some shit.  There is no reason to keep Freeman anymore.  I hope for his sake that they ship him to the Cards or Red Sox or Yankmees...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
It's funny cause it's true...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Can we have Shelby Miller back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 02:24:10 PM »
Can we have Shelby Miller back?

Sure, why not?  We're not using him anyway.  I understand they are in fact entertaining trade offers for Miller. I know the Cubbies have thrown them a freakin' bone.

Miller was a perfect example of how inept the Braves were this past season. The guy was 6-17.  Horrible, right?  With 3.02 ERA.  Three...point.....Oh....stinking....Two!  Somebody need to sue for run support.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 02:33:48 PM »
Aaaannnd there goes Cameron Maybin.  Banished to Detroit.  So, the Braves will now have a roster that goes Freeman, Markakis and 20+ guys named Gonzales or Rodriguez or some shit.  There is no reason to keep Freeman anymore.  I hope for his sake that they ship him to the Cards or Red Sox or Yankmees...

It's that fucking Mexican manager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
It's that fucking Mexican manager.

Si
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions