Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Token

Re: The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
Fuck the Braves. I won't watch a single fucking game this season.  They have made the shittiest off season moves I've ever seen, aside from getting rid of Melvin Upton. The very least they could do at this point is give Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers so he isn't saddled in the muck and mire that is Shitlanta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
I'm with Token.  Fuck them.  Trade every single decent player away with the exception of Freedie Freeman for potential talent... Fuck you. Kimbrel, Gattis, Heyward...all gone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
Haha, nice try dick.  The Braves front office along with the BKG's have already fucked us. 

The Cubs are going to wi  ahh hell, nevermind, it's the Cubs for crying out loud.
They Cubs don't even have enough bathrooms, how the hell they gonna win anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »
Okay, my .02 on the Braves. I think what's the most disturbing is the way they just went in and purged 3/4 or 83.2% of the guys we thought were the future of the franchise. Two years ago, I was as pumped as anyone with core of players it looked like they would build around and here it is a short time later and they've basically said, "Screw it, we're starting over."  And the worst part is there's literally nothing on this team to get excited about.  No reason to even think they might at least be somewhat competitive.  They may pull an A's and do some good things with a bunch of no names but I don't think anyone realistically believes that.

So, there's got to be a long term plan in place. A method to the madness.  You don't ship off your team and throw up the white flag on the season before it even starts without a master plan.  One thing I have heard several of the "experts" say is for the first time in a long time, the farm system at the top is suddenly loaded. And it's clear that they have now freed up a shit ton of money to basically start over with.  I don't follow it all that much but it's probable that with guys like Heyward and Kimbrel and Santana etc. they were about to get into some long term $$$ commitments and as much as I wanted to see them do well, let's face it...Heyward has been close to a bust given his physical tools and potential.  Gattis is older and he's an AL designated hitter at best.  Sucks as a catcher and really no place on the field for him with the Braves.  Often injured as well.  Kimbrel is a big time head scratcher but I don't know what kind of money he was going to command in the future while they're trying to rebuild.

I pulled up the roster and contracts and yes, it's abundantly clear that what you see this year won't be what's on the field this time next year. Callaspo has a 1 year deal.  As does Gomes.  Chris Johnson has 1 more year along with pitchers Jim Johnson and A.J. By-a-vowel znski.  They're paying Shelby Miller $535K and really, the only new guy they gave any commitment to was Nick Markakis, who has a 4 year deal. Other than Markakis, only Freeman, Simmons and Tehran are locked up long term.  So, what it looks like to me is they're going to see what handful of players kick ass in Triple A and can come up and help next year, send 64.5% or 4/7ths of the guys they have now packing and finish it off with 5-6 young badass free agents.  They'll certainly have the money to get it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
Okay, my .02 on the Braves. I think what's the most disturbing is the way they just went in and purged 3/4 or 83.2% of the guys we thought were the future of the franchise. Two years ago, I was as pumped as anyone with core of players it looked like they would build around and here it is a short time later and they've basically said, "Screw it, we're starting over."  And the worst part is there's literally nothing on this team to get excited about.  No reason to even think they might at least be somewhat competitive.  They may pull an A's and do some good things with a bunch of no names but I don't think anyone realistically believes that.

So, there's got to be a long term plan in place. A method to the madness.  You don't ship off your team and throw up the white flag on the season before it even starts without a master plan.  One thing I have heard several of the "experts" say is for the first time in a long time, the farm system at the top is suddenly loaded. And it's clear that they have now freed up a shit ton of money to basically start over with.  I don't follow it all that much but it's probable that with guys like Heyward and Kimbrel and Santana etc. they were about to get into some long term $$$ commitments and as much as I wanted to see them do well, let's face it...Heyward has been close to a bust given his physical tools and potential.  Gattis is older and he's an AL designated hitter at best.  Sucks as a catcher and really no place on the field for him with the Braves.  Often injured as well.  Kimbrel is a big time head scratcher but I don't know what kind of money he was going to command in the future while they're trying to rebuild.

I pulled up the roster and contracts and yes, it's abundantly clear that what you see this year won't be what's on the field this time next year. Callaspo has a 1 year deal.  As does Gomes.  Chris Johnson has 1 more year along with pitchers Jim Johnson and A.J. By-a-vowel znski.  They're paying Shelby Miller $535K and really, the only new guy they gave any commitment to was Nick Markakis, who has a 4 year deal. Other than Markakis, only Freeman, Simmons and Tehran are locked up long term.  So, what it looks like to me is they're going to see what handful of players kick ass in Triple A and can come up and help next year, send 64.5% or 4/7ths of the guys they have now packing and finish it off with 5-6 young badass free agents.  They'll certainly have the money to get it done.

:starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
So, there's got to be a long term plan in place. A method to the madness.  You don't ship off your team and throw up the white flag on the season before it even starts without a master plan.

The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
So, there's got to be a long term plan in place. A method to the madness.  You don't ship off your team and throw up the white flag on the season before it even starts without a master plan. 

Oh, RLLY? What's a master plan?

Signed,

Jim Crane
Owner, Houston Suckasstros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 11:03:48 PM »
So, the Bravos win 12-2 on the road against the Fish.  Ton of hits. Decent pitching.  They're 2-0 so they only have 160 games to go to have a perfect season.  Like I said earlier, they COULD have one of those Oakland A's seasons where they stay competitive til the end and you can't name 3 players on the team. Probably not.  But hey...

Watching them tonight, I kind of get where they seem to be going.  Strong minor league system.  A ton of one year (audition) contracts.  A ton of money to start adding pieces.  Season just started so we'll see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:38 AM »
The best sporting event of the year is the last game of the World Series because it means baseball season is finally done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
The best sporting event of the year is the last game of the World Series because it means baseball season is finally done.

With those who don’t give a damn about baseball, I can only sympathize. I do not resent them. I am even willing to concede that many of them are physically clean, good to their mothers and in favor of world peace. But while the game is on, I can’t think of anything to say to them.

-Art Hill
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »
I figured the Bravos was unloading big time dollars to make sure that they have a kick ass team to debut in the new stadium? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »
I figured the Bravos was unloading big time dollars to make sure that they have a kick ass team to debut in the new stadium?

At least they have won a WS in their current stadium, unlike a certain team on the northside of Chicago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 07:33:36 PM »
1-1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »
Bravos sweep Marlins!

World Series bound baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:57 AM »
1-1

Need to learn to keep my mouth shut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »

The official line on Kimbrell seems to be that

1) Very few relievers have long careers. Mariano is the exception. Flameouts after four or five seasons are more common and given his unusual mechanics, he was near the end of his arc.  Truth?  No way to tell.

2) Given the expectations for this team, a strong closer wasn't a priority.  If you're planning to win 90 games, you'll need somebody to close a bunch of them.  If you're gunning for break even?  Whoever closes is less important.

3) He was a hard core bama fan, so fuck him anyway.  Go the fuck out to San Diego where they don't give a shit about trailers, Levi Garrett or cousin raping. 

Also?  Given the moves the Braves front office has made over the last few years I don't trust them to get this right anyway.   

Short-arm Chopugla?  Either Upton? Letting McCann go and keeping the White Bear?  I really liked Heyward but he never blossomed, he just budded year after year. 

It was basically "everybody strike out and let's see if Freeman can hit another homer" every single game. 

I was pretty pissed about the talent purge, too, but in retrospect?  What talent did they really purge?  Heyward and that bama boy.   The Jay Hey Kid batted mid-200s, averaged more than 100 K's a year, never had more than 82 RBI, and had dropped from 27 to 14 to 11 HRs over the last three seasons. 

Heyward was 25th in runs scored, not in the top 50 in homers, 29th in average.  As much as I wanted to like him he was a lower level player and somebody that could be easily replaced by putting two people on the field that can half-ass hit and field.  Like somebody in Uggla's place or either of the other outfield slots. 

I think Simmons is a quality player at short. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:24:38 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »
The official line on Kimbrell seems to be that

1) Very few relievers have long careers. Mariano is the exception. Flameouts after four or five seasons are more common and given his unusual mechanics, he was near the end of his arc.  Truth?  No way to tell.

2) Given the expectations for this team, a strong closer wasn't a priority.  If you're planning to win 90 games, you'll need somebody to close a bunch of them.  If you're gunning for break even?  Whoever closes is less important.

3) He was a hard core bama fan, so fuck him anyway.  Go the fuck out to San Diego where they don't give a shit about trailers, Levi Garrett or cousin raping. 

Also?  Given the moves the Braves front office has made over the last few years I don't trust them to get this right anyway.   

Short-arm Chopugla?  Either Upton? Letting McCann go and keeping the White Bear?  I really liked Heyward but he never blossomed, he just budded year after year. 

It was basically "everybody strike out and let's see if Freeman can hit another homer" every single game. 

I was pretty pissed about the talent purge, too, but in retrospect?  What talent did they really purge?  Heyward and that bama boy.   The Jay Hey Kid batted mid-200s, averaged more than 100 K's a year, never had more than 82 RBI, and had dropped from 27 to 14 to 11 HRs over the last three seasons. 

Heyward was 25th in runs scored, not in the top 50 in homers, 29th in average.  As much as I wanted to like him he was a lower level player and somebody that could be easily replaced by putting two people on the field that can half-ass hit and field.  Like somebody in Uggla's place or either of the other outfield slots. 

I think Simmons is a quality player at short.

If we're going to dump, let's dump. But to sign a 32 year old player coming off of his worst season to a 44 million dollar contract and claim building for the future?  Get the fuck out of my face with that shit.  If they hadn't given a shitty Upton an insane contract that NOBODY else would have ever given him, they would not have had to give away the hottest closer in baseball just to get rid of the shitty outfielder.

The front office has fucked this club, and they continue to fuck with 40 million dollar contracts to bums.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »
If we're going to dump, let's dump. But to sign a 32 year old player coming off of his worst season to a 44 million dollar contract and claim building for the future?  Get the fuck out of my face with that shit.  If they hadn't given a shitty Upton an insane contract that NOBODY else would have ever given him, they would not have had to give away the hottest closer in baseball just to get rid of the shitty outfielder.

The front office has fucked this club, and they continue to fuck with 40 million dollar contracts to bums.

Yeah, the length of the contract and the commitment to $10+ a year screams a whole lot of WTF.  But, the fact that he's 32 is what screams it the most.  4-5 years ago...absolutely.  The guy was/is solid.  If you check his stats, he doesn't miss games.  In his prime, he was always a 20/80 .280 guy.  But in the last 3-4 years, production has declined.  And you want to pay him...or anybody $10 million at age 36?  Yeah...WTF.

Otherwise, the more I look at the big picture, I see the opportunity to get back to damn good real fast.  The key is very simply, does the new GM have the eye for talent to make the right moves?  This guy didn't make the Upton deal. He didn't bring in Chopper's brother.  And while we're talking about it.....

I can't be a hippo-krit.  When they signed Uggla, I wasn't just on that bandwagon, I was driving that bad boy.  When they signed the Uptons...yeah...it wasn't a matter of World Series.  It was how many?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 11:47:15 PM »
Yeah, the length of the contract and the commitment to $10+ a year screams a whole lot of WTF.  But, the fact that he's 32 is what screams it the most.  4-5 years ago...absolutely.  The guy was/is solid.  If you check his stats, he doesn't miss games.  In his prime, he was always a 20/80 .280 guy.  But in the last 3-4 years, production has declined.  And you want to pay him...or anybody $10 million at age 36?  Yeah...WTF.

Otherwise, the more I look at the big picture, I see the opportunity to get back to damn good real fast.  The key is very simply, does the new GM have the eye for talent to make the right moves?  This guy didn't make the Upton deal. He didn't bring in Chopper's brother.  And while we're talking about it.....

I can't be a hippo-krit.  When they signed Uggla, I wasn't just on that bandwagon, I was driving that bad boy.  When they signed the Uptons...yeah...it wasn't a matter of World Series.  It was how many?

I thought Uggs was a good sign. Didn't work out. BJ Upton was NEVER worth what they paid him. EVER. 

If they aren't going to mercy cut Freeman, then there is just one more major move to make at the end of this season. Fredi Gonzalez has to go. His teams haven't hit worth a shit.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:48:49 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 09:10:01 AM »
I thought Uggs was a good sign. Didn't work out. BJ Upton was NEVER worth what they paid him. EVER. 

If they aren't going to mercy cut Freeman, then there is just one more major move to make at the end of this season. Fredi Gonzalez has to go. His teams haven't hit worth a shit.

Agree on Gonzales.  However..IF...Big IF they make the right moves after this season, they could get a lot better, real quick. One season of suckage may be worth it for FF being that between this year and 2017, he goes from $8.5 mil to $20+.  Then $20+ for the next 3 years after that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions