Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Re: The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2015, 12:35:07 AM »
Here's the real Steve Bartman

Is that what you're going to wear if I ever get you up to St Louis for a game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »
Is that what you're going to wear if I ever get you up to St Louis for a game?

Only if I can wear the turtleneck too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2015, 10:26:13 AM »
Not sure how I missed this:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25122562/astros-world-series-ring-replica-giveaway-cancelled

2017 Astros World Series ring replica giveaway cancelled
By Matt Snyder | Baseball Writer
March 25, 2015 1:37 pm ET

As noted by my esteemed colleague Mike Axisa on Tuesday, the Fresno Grizzlies were all set to offer up these as a giveaway Aug. 15 (via Benjamin Hill):

The Grizzlies are the Triple-A affiliate of the Houston Astros -- who Sports Illustrated boldly predicted would win the 2017 World Series last summer. The Astros apparently weren't too fired up about the attention from the promotion, because this thing has been shut down. From the Grizzlies press release:

“We met internally and have decided to replace the 2017 Houston Astros World Championship Ring with a more Fresno-centric giveaway, which more aligns with our marketing plans for 2015 and beyond,” stated Derek Franks, Grizzlies General Manager. “We do not want a Fresno Grizzlies giveaway to be perceived as a jinx for our Major League affiliate.”

“We appreciate that our affiliate is as optimistic as our fans are about the future of the Astros,” said Astros President Reid Ryan. “The Grizzlies will see some of the Astros top talent coming through Chukchansi Park, and we wish their whole team the best of luck in the upcoming 2015 season.”

As I noted above, I don't believe this is a coincidence. The Astros have dealt with plenty of mockery from outside the organization for the 2017 crowning and there's no reason for a minor-league affiliate to push it. The guess is the powers-that-be saw the story get legs Tuesday and told the Grizzlies this wasn't an acceptable giveaway.

Or they really do believe in things like jinxes, which is a whole different issue altogether.

Wink of the CBS Eye: Big League Stew
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »
First the state!  Then the World!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
First the state!  Then the World!

Wait just a gosh darn minute...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:44 PM »
Not sure how I missed this:

First, just in general principle:  Fuck you, you fucking fuck.

But secondly, "perceived to be a jinx"????  WHOO HOO! It is obvious that my influence has caused the Suckasstros to finally recognize the BKG, and admit their transgressions!  My work here is done. Now go forth and kick add, Suckasstros.

(How sad is it that my iPad auto corrects to "Suckasstros"?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »
Added another MLB park to my limited resume. 

Been to Fenway, been to old Yankee Stadium, been to old Jack Murphy, been to Fulton County and to Turner, been inside Camden.  Never been to Wrigley, but wanted to. 

Last week I took in a game at Coors Field. 

Tickets were cheap, even for seats in the swanky "seat service" area.  Place had a mini restaurant with a carving station, a bar or two and some other amenities.  Lady came through every other inning and took orders for whatever you wanted.

Field was nice. Our seats were good. The game was exciting and the Rockies came away winners with a ninth-inning run that broke a tie. 

But the crowd.... Announced at 22,000 which has to be less than half capacity.  But the reality was probably more like 15,000.   That's a lot of emptiness in that big stadium.  If I was a player it would hurt my feelings to come out of the dugout and see open seats.  Didn't impact the play.  Colorado, in particular, turned in some outstanding defensive plays.  They were excited to win and I guess playing for themselves and their fat ass contracts.  But I wonder. How can the Rockies afford to pay for all that excess when the stadium is a graveyard? 

I enjoyed the game, but the atmosphere just wasn't the same as in other parks.  The video board was also sort of disappointing. 

Great seats, fun game, but a very "generic" baseball experience. 

Of course some of that COULD be that I ate a handful of gummy bears before I went there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »
Watched the Mets/Yankees game two today. Matt Harvey is a pretty dang good picture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 12:35:32 AM »
I just realized that the Dodgers have Mattingly and McGuire on the coaching staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Braves finally get off the schnide....whatever a schnide is....with an 8-4 win over the Nationals.  In other news, albeit not brand new news, Adam Wainright is gone for the season with a torn thingy behind the ankle.  Now that is a seriously big blow to the Cards.  AW is as badass as they come.

And Baltimore got crazy hot in hanging 18 on my BoSox the other day.  Yeah, I said "my BoSox".  They've been my adopted bandwagon AL team for years, just to have somebody to pull for against the Yankmee's. Anyway, the Orioles have to wait to see if the bats are still smoking because the city of Baltimore is smoking after numerous concerned citizens decided to show their support in peaceful protest of the Freddie Gray death by burning, stealing, looting and attacking police officers, 15 of which were injured tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
Speaking of Baltimore rioting, not everyone is happy to have a family member joining in the peaceful protests.  Mama gone beat dat ass.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2015, 12:04:41 AM »
Braves finally get off the schnide....whatever a schnide is....with an 8-4 win over the Nationals.  In other news, albeit not brand new news, Adam Wainright is gone for the season with a torn thingy behind the ankle.  Now that is a seriously big blow to the Cards.  AW is as badass as they come.

And Baltimore got crazy hot in hanging 18 on my BoSox the other day.  Yeah, I said "my BoSox".  They've been my adopted bandwagon AL team for years, just to have somebody to pull for against the Yankmee's. Anyway, the Orioles have to wait to see if the bats are still smoking because the city of Baltimore is smoking after numerous concerned citizens decided to show their support in peaceful protest of the Freddie Gray death by burning, stealing, looting and attacking police officers, 15 of which were injured tonight.

Hate the Yankees passionately. Always have.  Adopted the Red Sox years ago for that reason.  Became a full-fledged completely immersed Sox fan on April 25, 2004.  Went to Yankees Stadium to see them play.  I was struck by just how much  like us they were.   Pedro pitched a beautiful game.  Manny stroked a two-run homer and Boston swept the Yanks. 

I was harassed on the way in by Yankee fans. Saw constant harassment and abuse during the game.  And even after it was over and the Yanks had been swept at home, they started chanting "1918, 1918..."  They were just like Bama fans. Same elitist attitude. And we were like Boston.  When they won the '04 Series?  That's when I knew we could win it all too.  And would.  Should have in '04. 

I'm still a Braves fan out of respect for my grandmother, but given the choice of watching Boston or Atlanta?  I'm choosing the Sox. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2015, 12:39:22 AM »
Don't look now, but the Suckasstros are in first in our division.  Of course, that amounts to diddly and shit, but it's fun to type.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2015, 07:42:58 AM »
Speaking of Baltimore rioting, not everyone is happy to have a family member joining in the peaceful protests.  Mama gone beat dat ass.

I'll bet discussing corporal punishment with her would be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »

"Go get me a switch boy, and it best not be a skinny one."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2015, 09:48:34 AM »
I know this subject has been beaten to death over the past year, but it never ceases to amaze me how this type of crap (rioting) is justified by those in authority.  Saw an interview last night with a Baltimore City Councilman and the bottom line is....he's pretty much good with it.  Para...."This is just years of mistreatment and injustice by the police coming out in our youth and it speaks to the socioecogological sense of infairness and unequitiveness in our system that have been perpetuitated upon the...."

Translation. The voters in my district have seen fit to use the Freddie Gray death as justification to burn the buildings and cars of innocent people and steal them blind, attack the police and otherwise try to turn an entire city into mayhem....and I want to be voted back in next term.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
Hate the Yankees passionately. Always have.  Adopted the Red Sox years ago for that reason.  Became a full-fledged completely immersed Sox fan on April 25, 2004.  Went to Yankees Stadium to see them play.  I was struck by just how much  like us they were.   Pedro pitched a beautiful game.  Manny stroked a two-run homer and Boston swept the Yanks. 

I was harassed on the way in by Yankee fans. Saw constant harassment and abuse during the game.  And even after it was over and the Yanks had been swept at home, they started chanting "1918, 1918..."  They were just like Bama fans. Same elitist attitude. And we were like Boston.  When they won the '04 Series?  That's when I knew we could win it all too.  And would.  Should have in '04. 

I'm still a Braves fan out of respect for my grandmother, but given the choice of watching Boston or Atlanta?  I'm choosing the Sox.

Try wearing a Cardinals hat (who have no rivalry with any team in the AL save for KC) to Fenway when the Redbirds are playing there, and get back to me about how much like Auburn they are.  I've had nicer people throw urine bombs at me at Tiger Stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
Try wearing a Cardinals hat (who have no rivalry with any team in the AL save for KC) to Fenway when the Redbirds are playing there, and get back to me about how much like Auburn they are.  I've had nicer people throw urine bombs at me at Tiger Stadium.

Sorry about that urine bomb.  Didn't know it was you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »

How do we know she ain't beating him cause he didn't come with some loot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »
Let me be clear about something.

FUCK Dan Uggla.  Well, let's give a big F.U. to the fine Braves pitching staff that blew a 10-2 lead to lose 13-12 to the Craptionals.  But a 3 run homer by Uggla in the 9th to win it? That pathetic little shit had 5 RBI's on the night.  Know how many he had all of last year when the Braves were paying $189,884,934.00 per game of his salary?

Know what he hit in 3+ years with the Braves after collecting $12,337,995,002.00 kwazillion and increasing the National Debt by 14%?  .136 with 2 HR's and 13 RBI's.  The Braves are teh suck.  Even getting 12 runs and 18 hits....they lose.  But FUCK that Ewok bastard. You're a multi-bwaskwillionaire for taking 3 years OFF!!!!!  You're a big part of the reason this franchise had to wholesale everyone and start over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions