Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Now I now why you Alabama Xers are quiet.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Now I now why you Alabama Xers are quiet.
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:54:32 PM »
You queers are all out getting a marriage license today.

I cannot believe nobody has posted a WOO-HOO over this already:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-judge-strikes-gay-marriage-ban-alabama-28442470
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Now I now why you Alabama Xers are quiet.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:33 PM »
Why can't we just create a clear and concrete line between civil and spiritual unions?  If this is truly a battle to win the same rights as married couples for tax and insurance purposes, who cares if the partnership is sanctioned by a church?  Let them go to some other place, like a bar painted like the mouth of hell, to be unified. 

It isn't and shouldn't be the government's right or jurisdiction to tell a church that it must perform gay marriages.  That's an absolute violation of freedom of religion. 

The nasty bastards are going to live together anyway.  Who cares if they can get insurance?

We've entered an age where everything is okay and there are no consequences for any action.  Don't dare have an opinion that disagrees with anything or you're branded a bigot, a hater or something worse.  I think that's a very bad trend.  It's going to lead us to a cultural revolution that won't be positive.  At some point the degradation of basic values will destroy this country from within.  Don't think I'll live long enough to see it, but it's coming.  My kids probably will.  Because we're so loathe to express our values, so afraid to speak up or act on things we find offensive, the baser aspects will win out.  We will eventually be overrun by outside forces who aren't afraid (Muslims perhaps) and everything will be lost.  All the freedoms we cherish will be eliminated because we weren't strong enough stewards to protect and maintain them in balance. 

When I think about the world as it was when I was born and look at it today I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more dramatic cultural and technological change than the one my generation has undergone. 

When I was born everybody didn't have a telephone at home.  Many people were on party lines.  TV, if you had one, was three stations and they went off at midnight.  I've seen segregated restaurants and theaters. I've seen separate water fountains.  I didn't really experience true integration until I was almost out of elementary school. Calculators?  They were called paper and brains back then.  Computers?  Science fiction. Cars came with AM radios.  FM was just a fad.  Digital music, CDs... that was crazy talk. 

We're on an accelerated path.  Things are changing too fast for people to handle.  It's going to blow up on us. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:02 PM »
Why can't we just create a clear and concrete line between civil and spiritual unions?  If this is truly a battle to win the same rights as married couples for tax and insurance purposes, who cares if the partnership is sanctioned by a church?  Let them go to some other place, like a bar painted like the mouth of hell, to be unified.

I don't think their argument is that they should be married in a church.  The issue is that they can't legally be recognized as a marital unit, and so they don't get the same tax breaks, insurance coverage, etc.

Heterosexuals who are welcomed by the church can still get married in the church and be legally recognized as a marital unit when they file their paperwork with the state.  Unless I've missed some homo's speech on capitol hill (and I don't miss many), all they're asking is that they be able to file the same paperwork; where they have their gay ceremony is up to them and whoever is willing to conduct it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:29:21 AM »
I don't think their argument is that they should be married in a church.  The issue is that they can't legally be recognized as a marital unit, and so they don't get the same tax breaks, insurance coverage, etc.

Heterosexuals who are welcomed by the church can still get married in the church and be legally recognized as a marital unit when they file their paperwork with the state.  Unless I've missed some homo's speech on capitol hill (and I don't miss many), all they're asking is that they be able to file the same paperwork; where they have their gay ceremony is up to them and whoever is willing to conduct it.

That's BS. They want MARRIAGE so they can legitimize their lifestyle. You don't hear not one wanting to compromise for
legal reasons.
And they WILL try to force every church they can find to marry them. The left has given them a voice and now they will not stop till you agree that Jesus was gay too!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
I'm not getting into this argument. I know that there are a bunch of homosapiens on here and you have a right to believe what you want.

But, I will just say it is your choice to be a homosapiens and you're a dumbass and ignorant if you don't think so.

And the first time one of you homos grabs my ass at an x gate, I will knock your teeth so far down your throat that you'll have to drop your pants to floss. Believe it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »
I'm not getting into this argument. I know that there are a bunch of homosapiens on here and you have a right to believe what you want.

But, I will just say it is your choice to be a homosapiens and you're a dumbass and ignorant if you don't think so.

And the first time one of you homos grabs my ass at an x gate, I will knock your teeth so far down your throat that you'll have to drop your pants to floss. Believe it.

Lighten up, homo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »
It's time to finally admit that I am a homosapien.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:32 AM »

Coming out can be so liberating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »
No offense but I suspected this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »

As Vandy pointed out, they can get married outside of the church.  No church has to perform the ceremony.  An additional point here is that no church can tell non-church members what they can or cannot do. 

We've entered an age where everything is okay and there are no consequences for any action.  Don't dare have an opinion that disagrees with anything or you're branded a bigot, a hater or something worse.  I think that's a very bad trend.  It's going to lead us to a cultural revolution that won't be positive.  At some point the degradation of basic values will destroy this country from within.  Don't think I'll live long enough to see it, but it's coming.  My kids probably will.  Because we're so loathe to express our values, so afraid to speak up or act on things we find offensive, the baser aspects will win out.  We will eventually be overrun by outside forces who aren't afraid (Muslims perhaps) and everything will be lost.  All the freedoms we cherish will be eliminated because we weren't strong enough stewards to protect and maintain them in balance. 

You've mentioned this before, and you usually point to the Romans.  I'm still not sold on how and why this is what will transpire.  How will a country that leaves people alone in the privacy of their own bedrooms and a country that gives people the freedom to choose their own identities outside of the rule of an authoritarian inevitably fall apart?

When I think about the world as it was when I was born and look at it today I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more dramatic cultural and technological change than the one my generation has undergone. 

When I was born everybody didn't have a telephone at home.  Many people were on party lines.  TV, if you had one, was three stations and they went off at midnight.  I've seen segregated restaurants and theaters. I've seen separate water fountains.  I didn't really experience true integration until I was almost out of elementary school. Calculators?  They were called paper and brains back then.  Computers?  Science fiction. Cars came with AM radios.  FM was just a fad.  Digital music, CDs... that was crazy talk. 

We're on an accelerated path.  Things are changing too fast for people to handle.  It's going to blow up on us.

Back in my day, we didn't have busses coming around to take us to school.  We walked two miles in the snow, uphill both ways!

Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy auto-carriages.  We just had horse carriages, the way they're supposed to be.  You actually had to work on those, clean up those.  Wash em down.  Treat the horse like family.  Now you just get in your plastic box and go.  Too easy.

Back in my day, kids were happy to be a house negro!  Now they all wanna be house negroes! 

Back in my day, we used telegrams to send messages.  This whole phone system is just a toy.  Who needs to sit around talking for hours on end?  Just send your message, read someone else's message, and be on with your life.

Back in my day, we didn't use a radio for music.  You had a band actually PLAY the music.  This isn't music.  It's just some kind of fancy electricity magic.  Why would anyone want to listen to that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Ogre

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
If gay marriage becomes a "right" then won't churches that refuse to marry gay people be guilty of discrimination?  You're crazy if you don't see a huge showdown coming between the LGBT agenda and religious freedom.

Today, on al.com:

Can churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

With the possibility looming that gay marriages will soon be legal in Alabama, many are wondering: Can churches be forced to perform gay marriages?

Eric Johnston, president of the Southeast Law Institute and one of the state's top legal advisers to churches, said gay marriage is inevitable and churches that oppose it may be in for legal challenges.

"I think it's going to be all over the country," Johnston said of gay marriage.

Johnston, also president of the Alabama Pro-Life Coalition, has for decades offered legal advice to churches and crafted legislation for conservative state legislators to restrict abortion, and most recently, the so-called anti-Sharia law that was adopted as an amendment to the state constitution.

The U.S. Supreme Court is expected to issue a ruling in June that could strike down remaining state laws against same-sex unions.

"Everyone expects them to find that it's legal," Johnston said. "If the Supreme Court finds that same-sex marriage is a constitutional right, what happens when you have a clash with religious freedom rights?"

There has already been a case in another state of a bakery being sued for refusing to make a cake for a same-sex wedding. Even though churches have religious freedom protections that a private business does not, could they still be sued over not performing same-sex weddings?

"There will be a lot of lawsuits over whether ministers have to do it," Johnston said. "It will be a clash between fundamental rights under the constitution."

Johnston advises churches that haven't done so to clarify their stance on same-sex marriage. He has recommended a policy statement that churches adopt, stating that they will not perform same-sex weddings and that their facilities are not to be used for that purpose, based on their theological beliefs.

"Nobody ever thought about it before; it was something you took for granted," Johnston said. "Churches should adopt a clear policy that because of their spiritual beliefs, they don't do same-sex weddings."

Johnston said that since some liberal churches do weddings, there should be no reason to force churches opposed to it to perform them. "They can go somewhere else and get the same services," he said. "Some churches will do it."

Johnston believes churches should be protected from coercion on same-sex marriage, but it's all new territory. "You don't know what federal judges are going to do," Johnston said.

Once same-sex marriage is legal in every state, some states that oppose it may try to get out of the business of issuing marriage licenses, Johnston said.

"There's no reason for the state to be in that business," Johnston said. "There's plenty of other people who can issue licenses. If you want a secular marriage, file a certificate. That's one alternative. If a state decided to stay in the marriage business, they may allow probate judges and clerks who have an objection to opt out."

The Alabama Marriage Protection Act, an amendment to the state constitution, and the Alabama Marriage Protection Act, passed by Alabama to prevent same-sex marriage, were both ruled unconstitutional on Friday by U.S. District Judge Ginny Granade in Mobile. She issued a stay on her order so that it is not immediately enforced, pending appeal. The stay will be lifted Feb. 9 if a higher court does not rule on an appeal.

Johnston said he does not understand why Granade ruled on the case when the issues are headed for the Supreme Court. "It creates confusion," Johnston said. "It was a very poorly written order. The case was about one lesbian who wanted to adopt the child of another lesbian. The judge never mentioned what they could do about the adoption. Can they adopt or not adopt? That's what the case was about."

The ruling put Alabama on notice that its efforts to prevent same-sex marriage are fragile, and the next battle may directly affect churches.

"I think there will be a lot of litigation regarding religious rights," Johnston said. "That's the kind of conflict that's going to come up, not just in Alabama but the whole country. If America and its justice system works, they will recognize the free exercise of religion prevents the government forcing people to do something they believe is a sin."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »
If gay marriage becomes a "right" then won't churches that refuse to marry gay people be guilty of discrimination?  You're crazy if you don't see a huge showdown coming between the LGBT agenda and religious freedom.

Today, on al.com:
It won't surprise me when this happens. A baker has already been sued when he refused to decorate a gay couple's cake.

Government forces anti-discrimination on private business.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »
You are correct Ogre. Advocates are saying they just want the same rights, but their actions defy this thought. They have already sued people for not accepting their choice. It will only get worse.

If they were concerned about rights, their would be a pursuit if civil unions. But a civil union still says yiy are gay and not normal(in their eyes). They want acceptance and by being "married", they thing that will legitimize it.

And they will stop at nothing to tear down anyone who refuses to legitimize them!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
As Vandy pointed out, they can get married outside of the church.  No church has to perform the ceremony.  An additional point here is that no church can tell non-church members what they can or cannot do. 

You've mentioned this before, and you usually point to the Romans.  I'm still not sold on how and why this is what will transpire.  How will a country that leaves people alone in the privacy of their own bedrooms and a country that gives people the freedom to choose their own identities outside of the rule of an authoritarian inevitably fall apart?

Back in my day, we didn't have busses coming around to take us to school.  We walked two miles in the snow, uphill both ways!

Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy auto-carriages.  We just had horse carriages, the way they're supposed to be.  You actually had to work on those, clean up those.  Wash em down.  Treat the horse like family.  Now you just get in your plastic box and go.  Too easy.

Back in my day, kids were happy to be a house negro!  Now they all wanna be house negroes! 

Back in my day, we used telegrams to send messages.  This whole phone system is just a toy.  Who needs to sit around talking for hours on end?  Just send your message, read someone else's message, and be on with your life.

Back in my day, we didn't use a radio for music.  You had a band actually PLAY the music.  This isn't music.  It's just some kind of fancy electricity magic.  Why would anyone want to listen to that?

True about churches. But I've seen a few cases where a gay couple has gotten bent out of shape over a church not wanting to perform a service and seeked legal recourse (forget where I saw that) or attempted to give the church bad press in the media. Same with a baker not wanting to make a gay cake. I agree with your premise but it's not that simple. Both sides will always make it an issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »

Today, on al.com:

Exactly my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »

Whoosh!

The sound of ths missing the point.

Wasn't aiming for nostalgia.  Just making the point that my generation has endured more societal and cultural change than any in the history of the world.  It's fostered an "I want it NOW" mentality that brooks no real debate and no tolerance for a dissenting opinion.  We can't discuss and decided because the shouters win out.  It's a climate of fear where few people actually speak what they think and believe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »
Gay cake.  Mmmmmm....

Speaking of having gay cake and eating it too, I'd like to see the best of both worlds, but it ain't gonna' happen.  Have no problem with gays becoming legally married and being afforded all the rights as heterosapiens.  I've never seen what the big deal is or how that intrudes on anyone else's life.  (Debate for another time)  But, I have a huge problem with the coming showdown between Church and State. This gay marriage issue is about to be decided once and for all by the SCOTUS.  And they'll most likely find that any State's ban is unconstitutional.  Although I'm 100% certain they won't or better yet, can't address the Church issue since it's not up on appeal, I wish there was some way they could/would say, "And don't bring anything up here asking us to force a church to go against it's beliefs.  We won't hear it."

If the SCOTUS says okay to gay, fine.  But as long as there are 1,000 other options to get married somewhere other than a particular church that doesn't believe in it, then leave it alone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
Does anyone even get married in a church anymore?  Normally the ONLY people who do are already members of said church. 

Everyone else gets married in wedding chapels which are designed specifically for a wedding.  Nothing else happens there. 

Personally, if I ever get married again, it's gone be at Bryant-Denny!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
Does anyone even get married in a church anymore?  Normally the ONLY people who do are already members of said church. 

Everyone else gets married in wedding chapels which are designed specifically for a wedding.  Nothing else happens there. 

Oh yeah right.  Like you could pull off a dream wedding like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

Well at least that would be once that you had made it into the stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."