Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Now I now why you Alabama Xers are quiet.

Re: Now I now why you Alabama Xers are quiet.
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »
I'm what you would call one of "them" and I don't even think we should be married in a church. Why would I want to be married by someone who doesn't actually want to do it?  This was more about the right of being married than who actually would perform the ceremony. IMO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »
I'm what you would call one of "them" and I don't even think we should be married in a church. Why would I want to be married by someone who doesn't actually want to do it?  This was more about the right of being married than who actually would perform the ceremony. IMO

Because of the hell thing? 

(Too soon?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
Because of the hell thing? 

(Too soon?)

Not too soon. That's point I was implying.

I'm just waiting for some dumb fucker to start a lawsuit against one now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »

Agreed. If it means that much to you, then getting married in your home church is important. But odds are good that if you are a member of a church already, they are cool with your lifestyle.  You should get married where you feel most comfortable. Why stir up shit?  Weddings are stressful enough.

The churches will get a pass on this stuff, but the attacks on private business under the public accommodation standard pisses me off.  In this day and age, public shaming on Yelp/Google/Facebook etc. is more effective than a lawsuit. Don't force people to do things they don't want. If you disagree, bash them. Let the market decide.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:36:11 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:16 PM »
Churches can accept whoever they want as members of their church. The church I attend for example apparently won't let me join because I wasn't baptized by submersion. I am a "member in waiting to be baptized". I explained that I grew up Methodist and that my grandfather was a Methodist minister that baptized me as a baby and then when I was confirmed in to the church. They didn't really give a shit. And neither do I really. That's their deal and that is fine. I don't have to be a member of the church to go and enjoy and get everything I can out of it.

They also wouldn't let me get married in the church because I am not a member. I don't really care about that either. Whatever. That's the rules of their church and I can accept them or go somewhere else. I accept them because I enjoy the church.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 12:57:59 AM »
Churches can accept whoever they want as members of their church. The church I attend for example apparently won't let me join because I wasn't baptized by submersion. I am a "member in waiting to be baptized". I explained that I grew up Methodist and that my grandfather was a Methodist minister that baptized me as a baby and then when I was confirmed in to the church. They didn't really give a shit. And neither do I really. That's their deal and that is fine. I don't have to be a member of the church to go and enjoy and get everything I can out of it.

They also wouldn't let me get married in the church because I am not a member. I don't really care about that either. Whatever. That's the rules of their church and I can accept them or go somewhere else. I accept them because I enjoy the church.

But if you were gay, you could sue for discrimination...and win in today's depraved society.

I don't care how you "think" it will go. We have already seen the lawsuits being brought against institutions due to discrimination of folks who choose a lifestyle and claim it has civil rights.

In today's society, they will try and destroy any organization that does not legitimize their lifestyle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:31 AM »
But if you were gay, you could sue for discrimination...and win in today's depraved society.

I don't care how you "think" it will go. We have already seen the lawsuits being brought against institutions due to discrimination of folks who choose a lifestyle and claim it has civil rights.

In today's society, they will try and destroy any organization that does not legitimize their lifestyle.

All of this. Everybody needs to grow a pair, sorry snags, and realize the world doesn't kiss their ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 09:06:06 AM »
All of this. Everybody needs to grow a pair, sorry snags, and realize the world doesn't kiss their ass.

You don't say much, frien.  But when you do, it's to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »

This sheds an entirely different light on your user name. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 09:32:04 AM »
Don't think it can't or won't happen. 

We've already seen private organizations -- groups that should have the right to choose their membership -- successfully sued because they didn't admit women, gays, blacks, Mexicans, transgenders, nerds or whatever. 

That was wrong.

For all this talk of "rights" where are mine?  If I don't want to rent my house to a Mexican family I'm a bigot.  If I don't want to hire lesbi-butch I'm a homophobe (despite the fact that I know my clients would shun me if I send lesbi-butch to call on them).  If I want to go to a men's only golf club where I can get away from the wife and "be a guy" for a little while, well I can't do that either.

All of that is just plain wrong.

We started down this path of the government deciding what's best for people with the whole integration thing. Forcing a society that wouldn't exist when left to its own devices is wrong.  Social engineering is and was a horrible idea.  So is everything else that's followed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 09:48:06 AM »
This sheds an entirely different light on your user name.

Now that's some skrate up Ginger hustlin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »
Don't think it can't or won't happen. 

We've already seen private organizations -- groups that should have the right to choose their membership -- successfully sued because they didn't admit women, gays, blacks, Mexicans, transgenders, nerds or whatever. 

That was wrong.

For all this talk of "rights" where are mine?  If I don't want to rent my house to a Mexican family I'm a bigot.  If I don't want to hire lesbi-butch I'm a homophobe (despite the fact that I know my clients would shun me if I send lesbi-butch to call on them).  If I want to go to a men's only golf club where I can get away from the wife and "be a guy" for a little while, well I can't do that either.

All of that is just plain wrong.

We started down this path of the government deciding what's best for people with the whole integration thing. Forcing a society that wouldn't exist when left to its own devices is wrong.  Social engineering is and was a horrible idea.  So is everything else that's followed.
I'm with you on the government backed social engineering thing. My grandfather was an engineer for the Wiregrass RR for 46 years. But, I also think about how difficult it must have been for a black man in the 50's or 60's to drive from B'ham to Mobile while needing to shit, really bad.

At the same time, with the conditions of restrooms now-a-days, a spot in the woods is probably better than most restrooms anyway.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 09:56:56 AM »
I'm with you on the government backed social engineering thing. My grandfather was an engineer for the Wiregrass RR for 46 years. But, I also think about how difficult it must have been for a black man in the 50's or 60's to drive from B'ham to Mobile while needing to shit, really bad.

At the same time, with the conditions of restrooms now-a-days, a spot in the woods is probably better than most restrooms anyway.

No doubt.  You've got to learn the hovercraft maneuver at most public restrooms.  But sometimes when you're prarie dog'n, a nice Toyota Truck bed is a safe haven in the wilderness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
No doubt.  You've got to learn the hovercraft maneuver at most public restrooms.  But sometimes when you're prarie dog'n, a nice Toyota Truck bed is a safe haven in the wilderness.
WT typically likes to form a big thick layer of toilet paper to rest his nice clean bum on, for comfort and disease protection.

But, there have been quite a few emergency instances in which WT has had to plop bare assed onto the seat where the gays, blacks and Mexicans have all conducted business. And prayed that no water splashed up. And, in those moments, WT wasn't too proud to not shit where the average people have shat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »

It having LSU stickers on it helps for a smooth movement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 10:56:03 AM »

And its mildly humorous that in the end, society has pretty much segregated itself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »
WT typically likes to form a big thick layer of toilet paper to rest his nice clean bum on, for comfort and disease protection.

But, there have been quite a few emergency instances in which WT has had to plop bare assed onto the seat where the gays, blacks and Mexicans have all conducted business. And prayed that no water splashed up. And, in those moments, WT wasn't too proud to not shit where the average people have shat.

"How the Other Half Shits" - written by WT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
"How the Other Half Shits" - written by WT

You will never true bliss until you have taken a true "field shit"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »

You will never true bliss until you have taken a true "field shit" after a week of eating MRE's

FIXT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »
FIXT

Hence the term:   Shitting a brick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'