Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Southern Miss game

Southern Miss game
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
I just got my hands on a pair of Southern Miss tickets, via my pops, who had just purchased 4 from somebody in Huntsville. So, how many of you delinquents are going to be there and where is the party?

Sucks that it is an early kickoff, but we are thinking about hanging around that afternoon if anybody has any suggestions for post-game celebration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Southern Miss game
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
Up in the air right now but my plans are to be there if at all possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
Want to be there, not sure If I can.  We usually tailgate behind the softball fields on the corner of wire and samford.  We always have brews and food Craig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »
Don't give me that crap Steve. You either commit or you stay home. No half-assing.

We just reserved a room in Opelika for the night before so that we don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to make the drive down. We will probably spend the rest of the day in Auburn, then head into Montgomery that evening and find a place to stay that night before heading back towards Decatur Sunday.

I am definitely going to have to hit up the tailgate scene. Don't know if I will be able to hit any before the game, but we sure are looking for some good food and fun after the game. Monica has never been to a college football tailgate. I don't want to mooch though, so if I need to bring something, let me know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
I'm only making it down for four games this year:

LSU
Tennessee
Arkansas
Georgia

I'm also going to Oxford and probably Starkville for the away games.  That's about it for me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »
ULM and LSU for sure. Maybe Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
We are probably going to the Vandy away game. Tickets go on sale for that Monday morning at 8:30 am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:38 AM »
So much for going to the Vandy game. I got up Monday morning and tried to buy as soon as they went on sale, but they were already sold out. Apparently Vandy has broke a school record for season ticket sales with over 19,000 sold, not counting student tickets. That did not leave many single game tickets. Oh well.

I have a tailgating question for the Southern Miss game. With it being an early game, how much actual tailgating will be going on before the game? Will most of it be done after the game? Of all the home games I have been too, I can't remember ever coming to an early game. Like I said, I want to hit a tailgate or two and meet some of you I have never met before. I might have to give a few of you my cell number so that I can make sure to find your tailgating spots Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 06:14:33 AM »
Don't do it, Craig.  You don't know these people.  They will drug you and steal your kidneys, leaving you in a bath tub full of ice. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »
We never have time for any tailgating before the early games.  For the JP/Raycom games we usually try to be no later than eight getting to campus.  We plan on being there about 6 this weekend.

For those who may be planning on a trip to Nashville for the Vandy game you had best get a room TODAY.  It is parents weekend and the closest thing we could find was in Brentwood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »
Don't do it, Craig.  You don't know these people.  They will drug you and steal your kidneys, leaving you in a bath tub full of ice. 

They'll bring them back after the first kidney stone they get with them.

Monica said she has been told that we need to eat some pizza at the Mellow Mushroom. Never been there, so you guys tell me what you think about their pizza. I figure even if nobody is tailgating that we know, we still will hand around campus for awhile Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
Monica said she has been told that we need to eat some pizza at the Mellow Mushroom.

I personally like the calzones at Mellow Mushroom.  Never been to the one in Auburn the beer at all the other ones I've been too was cold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »
They'll bring them back after the first kidney stone they get with them.

Monica said she has been told that we need to eat some pizza at the Mellow Mushroom. Never been there, so you guys tell me what you think about their pizza. I figure even if nobody is tailgating that we know, we still will hand around campus for awhile Saturday.

If you've never eaten at the Mellow Mushroom you definitely need to go.  Make sure to give yourself some time, it's usually packed.  Like Saniflush, I prefer the calzones, but you can't go wrong with the pizza either. 

Over the past few years, Mellow Mushroom has really started an agressive franchise campaign.  Hell, they even have one in the booming metropolis of Enterprise, Alabama.  The one in Auburn is one of the originals, though, and it will be well worth the visit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »
If you've never eaten at the Mellow Mushroom you definitely need to go.  Make sure to give yourself some time, it's usually packed.  Like Saniflush, I prefer the calzones, but you can't go wrong with the pizza either. 

Over the past few years, Mellow Mushroom has really started an agressive franchise campaign.  Hell, they even have one in the booming metropolis of Enterprise, Alabama.  The one in Auburn is one of the originals, though, and it will be well worth the visit. 
Prattvegas has one now too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
The one here in Dothan fizzled out about a year ago.  They hired a bunch of losers right off the bat and the service was pathetically slow. A friend of mine took it over but it was too late.  It had a bad rep right off the bat.  Food and beer was awesome though.  Biggest problem was a huge influx of restaurants in this area.  Too much competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

Mellow Mushroom is a freaking chain.   There's been one in Tuscaloosa for years.   They started in the 70s and have been franchising restaurants since 1985.  

Going to Mellow Mushroom in Auburn is like going to New York and saying "I think I'll try the Applebees here, I've heard they have a good one."  

Just my opinion.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Six

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »
Mellow Mushroom is a freaking chain.   There's been one in Tuscaloosa for years.   They started in the 70s and have been franchising restaurants since 1985.  

Going to Mellow Mushroom in Auburn is like going to New York and saying "I think I'll try the Applebees here, I've heard they have a good one."  

Just my opinion.  

Bullshizznit. 

Mellow Mushroom is a chain, but it is good food. 

If Applebee's is your idea of eatin' good in the neighborhood, I suggest you move.  A horrid resturant, this Applebee's. 

Mellow Mushroom is to Applebee's as Italy is to New Jersey.  Similiar but oh so different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »
Bullshizznit. 

Mellow Mushroom is a chain, but it is good food. 

If Applebee's is your idea of eatin' good in the neighborhood, I suggest you move.  A horrid resturant, this Applebee's. 

Mellow Mushroom is to Applebee's as Italy is to New Jersey.  Similiar but oh so different.

You missed the analogy.  I only referenced Applebees because it, like Mellow, is a chain.  I thought it was a name people might recognize. 

I also loathe Applebees and it's perverted cousin Ruby and its bastard nephew Chili.

My point, sir, was that if you are in Auburn you should branch beyond something you can get in Prattville, Enterprise, Tuscaloosa or any of a dozen other Alabama towns and try to find something a little more local.   I have nothing against the food at Mellow. In fact I dined there last week.  In Daphne. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Six

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »
You missed the analogy.  I only referenced Applebees because it, like Mellow, is a chain.  I thought it was a name people might recognize. 

I also loathe Applebees and it's perverted cousin Ruby and its bastard nephew Chili.

My point, sir, was that if you are in Auburn you should branch beyond something you can get in Prattville, Enterprise, Tuscaloosa or any of a dozen other Alabama towns and try to find something a little more local.   I have nothing against the food at Mellow. In fact I dined there last week.  In Daphne. 

Ok, I'll give you that.  How about O'Charley's?  I actually used to like an O'Charley's or a TGIFriday's or Bennigan's from time to time.  They are a giant step above that unholy trifecta you mentioned.   

And thank you for calling me sir.  You know, it wouldn't hurt the rest of you to salute me now and then.  That's what being an officer is all about. 

Wow.  This is quite a change.  Normally, these roles are reversed.  I think Koas is mellowing in his old age now that he has an offspring in college. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »

Oh, I'm well aware that it's a chain.  It started in Athens, Georgia.  For the longest time it was found only in college towns (Tuscaloosa, Auburn, etc.) and it wasn't until recently that they started opening up restuarants in every two-bit community with a red light and a General Store.  That doesn't diminsh the fact that the MM in Auburn is damn good food - and I would recommend anyone who has never eaten there to give it a whirl.

As far as originality, there isn't much around Auburn anymore.  Look at College Street's restaurants:  Cheeburger Cheeburger (chain), Jimmy John's (chain), Mellow Mushroom (chain), Buffalo's (chain) and so on.  The only truly local places left are Brand X (may be a chain, not sure) and The Olde Auburn Ale House.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions