Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:00:07 PM »
What in the frickity flippity frock are the Braves doing?  They were close to last in hitting in the entire Majors last year and they just traded Justin Upton 29 HR and 102 RBI to the freaking Padres.  And for what?  "Prospects"  Prospects?  One is a really well thought of left handed pitcher....THEY DON'T NEED PITCHING!!!!!!!  who by the way will miss the entire season with elbow surgery.  Only one other "Prospect" has ever played a lick in the majors. 

They send Jason Heyward off and sign Nick Markakisass or some shit.  He's having neck surgery right now for herniated discs.  He's already about 50 years old.

HOLY DAMN!!!  Bring back Bobby Cox and let Ted Turner buy the team back.  They might win 27 games next year.  Oh, and the Padres got Upton AND Matt Kemp from the Dodgers.  This organization has officially said to hell with 2015.  I hope not one soul shows up to watch this pile of crap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
But hey....we still have Justin's brother.  Who has hit a combined .189 in two years with the Braves.  FRICK!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
 :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
In other news, the Schlubs add Jason Motte to their roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:38:40 PM »
No....it's the C. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:56:28 AM »
In other news, the Schlubs add Jason Motte to their roster.

He does have a ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:00 AM »
I feel really bad for Freddie and his huge contract extension. 

But FUCK the Braves. I won't watch a single game.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »
I feel really bad for Freddie and his huge contract extension. 

But FUCK the Braves. I won't watch a single game.

BULL SHIT!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »
What in the frickity flippity frock are the Braves doing?  They were close to last in hitting in the entire Majors last year and they just traded Justin Upton 29 HR and 102 RBI to the freaking Padres.  And for what?  "Prospects"  Prospects?  One is a really well thought of left handed pitcher....THEY DON'T NEED PITCHING!!!!!!!  who by the way will miss the entire season with elbow surgery.  Only one other "Prospect" has ever played a lick in the majors. 

They send Jason Heyward off and sign Nick Markakisass or some shit.  He's having neck surgery right now for herniated discs.  He's already about 50 years old.

HOLY DAMN!!!  Bring back Bobby Cox and let Ted Turner buy the team back.  They might win 27 games next year.  Oh, and the Padres got Upton AND Matt Kemp from the Dodgers.  This organization has officially said to hell with 2015.  I hope not one soul shows up to watch this pile of crap.
I thought the answer was two very good bats that could work pitchers and protect a guy like Upton so he could see some better pitches but:
Looks like they are undoing any positives they had in their favor including hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
Bravos: The first team to win 120 in a season.  2015 is going to be their year.  Bank it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
Bravos: The first team to win 120 in a season.  2015 is going to be their year.  Bank it.

See, here's the problem.  This team has become so bad, you can't even type that with a straight face.  That didn't even cause a murmur in the Reverse Karma Force.  Not even a ripple.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »
See, here's the problem.  This team has become so bad, you can't even type that with a straight face.  That didn't even cause a murmur in the Reverse Karma Force.  Not even a ripple.   

Nah, a trade here and there and you are back on cloud 9.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
Nah, a trade here and there and you are back on cloud 9.

I'm praying for a Freddy Freeman trade.  I mean, we don't need to lose the guy, but Jesus.  He doesn't deserve what is happening to him.  May as well trade him for a few prospects.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
I'm praying for a Freddy Freeman trade.  I mean, we don't need to lose the guy, but Jesus.  He doesn't deserve what is happening to him.  May as well trade him for a few prospects.

We need left handed minor league pitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 05:34:31 PM »
We need left handed minor league pitching.

Our minor league team's going to win it all!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
Our minor league team's going to win it all!
Nothing like a strong foundation to prepare you for the hard times ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »
Well, let's get up to speed with some more of the Braves stellar moves in the off season.  Since we last spoke, they've added:

Jim Bust Johnson.  Another relief pitcher who the A's let go after posting a sizzling 7.09 ERA last season.

Jason Long Term Grilli.  Guess what?  Another relief pitcher.  Why "Long Term"?  He's 38. Speaking of almost 38:

A.J. Buy A Vowel Pierznski.  A 37 year old catcher coming off his worst offensive performance of his career. 

So, the question is where does that leave Evan Gattis?  Do they keep his stick and put him in left in Upton's place where he has no business playing?  Do they trade one of the offensive bright spots from last year? Hey I know, they could use him to get some more left handed relief pitching prospects.  I understand rebuilding. I'm all for it if need be.  But signing a 38 year old relief pitcher, a 37 year old catcher and a 36 year old outfielder....I got nuthin....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
I am hoping to this pick a bit as spring training approaches. February is right around the corner. Right after January, iirc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
AJ Perezeesisissnnziski still plays? I thought he and Jim Thome retired to Sunny Fla together years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
AJ Perezeesisissnnziski still plays? I thought he and Jim Thome retired to Sunny Fla together years ago.

They did, but the Braves signed him anyway. :facepalm:

Hey, maybe they can coax Gaylord Perry out of retirement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions