Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Fulton County around end of the second inning.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
I wonder what Dale Murphy is up to now days?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »
How about Lonnie Smith?  He can still make some little league base running mistakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
How about Lonnie Smith?  He can still make some little league base running mistakes.

Yeah, only cost them the World Series.  I just saw where the Braves picked up Mark Lemke off waivers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:43 PM »
Yeah, only cost them the World Series.  I just saw where the Braves picked up Mark Lemke off waivers.

Pascual just found his way off 285.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »
If the Braves suck (and they do) I'm pulling for St. Louis and ssgaufan's avatar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 11:42:11 AM »
Been a Braves fan almost all my life. 

Loved the Braves even when they sucked.  Loved the Bob Horner Braves. Loved the Chris Chambliss Braves. Loved the Phil Neikro Braves. Loved the Gene Garber, Al Hrb, Dale Murphy, Claudell Washington, Rick Camp, Terry Pendleton, Rafael Ramirez, Jeff Blauser, Sid Bream, Juan Berenger, Otis Nixon, Bruce Benedict, Steve Bedrosian, Brett Butler, Rich Mahler, Glenn Hubbard, Charlie Liebrandt, Steve Avery... all those Atlanta teams.  Found Ted Turner in the dugout to be hilarious.  Liked Torre and even liked Chuck Tanner. I started following the Braves when some dude named Lum was the manager. Some of my best sports memories, actually. 

But this? This "shit on the fans because we're moving and we can" sell off?  I can't abide it. 

Getting rid of Jason Heyward for a few not ready for the big show bums?  That was an abomination.  Pissed me off immensely. 

Got rid of Justin Upton and kept the other shitty Upton.

They traded Evan Gattis for a guy named Michael Fuzzychappedass,  (aka Michael Foltynewicz). 

Beachy and Medelin are free agents and unlikely to resign. 

Why don't they just let Freddie Freeman, Andrelton Simmons and Craig Kimbrell go so they can field a Class C softball team next season? 

But no. They're keeping Kimbrell supposedly.  Who knows why, there won't be any fucking games for him to close next year. 

Fuck the Braves.  Fuck them dead.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »

Loved the Braves even when they sucked.  Loved the Bob Horner Braves. Loved the Chris Chambliss Braves. Loved the Phil Neikro Braves. Loved the Gene Garber, Al Hrb, Dale Murphy, Claudell Washington, Rick Camp, Terry Pendleton, Rafael Ramirez, Jeff Blauser, Sid Bream, Juan Berenger, Otis Nixon, Bruce Benedict, Steve Bedrosian, Brett Butler, Rich Mahler, Glenn Hubbard, Charlie Liebrandt, Steve Avery... all those Atlanta teams.  Found Ted Turner in the dugout to be hilarious.  Liked Torre and even liked Chuck Tanner. I started following the Braves when some dude named Lum was the manager. Some of my best sports memories, actually. 

But this? This "shit on the fans because we're moving and we can" sell off?  I can't abide it. 

Getting rid of Jason Heyward for a few not ready for the big show bums?  That was an abomination.  Pissed me off immensely. 

They traded Evan Gattis for a guy named Michael Fuzzychappedass,  (aka Michael Foltynewicz). 

Why don't they just let Freddie Freeman, Andrelton Simmons and Craig Kimbrell go so they can field a Class C softball team next season? 

But no. They're keeping Kimbrell supposedly.  Who knows why, there won't be any fucking games for him to close next year. 

This^^^  All of it.  Used to listen to the Braves on radio before cable got invented.  Went through a ton of lean years. Not just lean...abysmal.  Horrible.  But they were our Braves.  And when they turned it all around, it was incredible.  When Sid Bream FINALLY made it home, I woke everybody up in the house. It was the World Series, Super Bowl and MNC all wrapped up in one, mainly because Braves fans had suffered for so long.

It's never been the same since.  Yes, it was frustrating winning all those pennants with only one WS ring to show for it but trust me, that was FAR better than all those years before when you hoped somebody named Larvell "Sugar Bear" Blanks or Biff Pocoroba could somehow lead your beloved team to within 10 games of .500. 

Like K said, the selloff is well under way.  Gone are the days of thinking you might not have just enough pieces at midseason, so let's pick up a Crime Dog McGriff or Marquis Grissom or Kenny Loftin to try and put us over the top. For some inexplicable reason, they've taken this corps of young guys that it looked like they could build the future around and torn it all down to the ground.  And the absolute crap they're getting in return is mind boggling.  The Braves were 3rd in the Majors in pitching and next to last in hitting.  So, they sell off all the hitting and go get tons of unproven, untested young arms and several over the hill relievers. 

Oh, and they keep the crappy manager that couldn't take a pretty talented team anywhere.  I'm with K 100% 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 12:32:34 PM »

Used to listen to the Braves on radio before cable got invented.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
Okay, who "liked" AU1's post?  He's already on the list but there's room for more, smart guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »

Notice how he didn't mention who the trade was with...

:cool:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »

As someone who watches 130+ broadcasts a season, and attends as many games as possible, I won't watch a single fucking game this year.  I hope attendance is worse than the Marlins. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »
As someone who watches 130+ broadcasts a season, and attends as many games as possible, I won't watch a single fucking game this year.  I hope attendance is worse than the Marlins.

Been reading some of the comments Hart has been making and he is really shoveling heavy scoops of BS.  He says this team is really going to be competitive and besides, they wouldn't have been picked to win with the roster they had.  Really?  So instead of adding a piece here or there to bolster the line up, you sold it off for prospects.  I guess anything is possible if you look at the no-names the A's play with every year.  I'll watch but I'm not expecting anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
Notice how he didn't mention who the trade was with...

:cool:

A girl's basketball team, I think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
I'm smelling CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »

It will be just like ole time, braves of the 80's. Pick a section have your own beer vendor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
I'm smelling CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!1

I just saw the Cubs roster and there, front and center, was Manny Ramirez.  Srsly????  He's older than KJ Preezinzki for the Braves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
I just saw the Cubs roster and there, front and center, was Manny Ramirez.  Srsly????  He's older than KJ Preezinzki for the Braves.

Player/Coach for the Iowa Cubs

Walked out due to "injury" towards the end of the season and never came back. 

Will instead play George Clinton in an upcoming biopic.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions