Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
They did, but the Braves signed him anyway. :facepalm:

Hey, maybe they can coax Gaylord Perry out of retirement.

Well, iffin were going big, Johnny Bench is feeling youthful these days because of Blue Emu Cream....at least thats what they paid him to say on that commercial. Is Reggie Jackson available or is he still trying to kill the Queen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »
AJ Perezeesisissnnziski still plays? I thought he and Jim Thome retired to Sunny Fla together years ago.

Cards signed him out of retirement when Molina went down in 14.  Guess the Braves liked what he did with the Cards in 14 (.251 BA, 5HR, 37 RBI).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »

And bring back the Niekro brothers.

We could call them the "Geritol Giants".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »

This guy's dead
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 12:05:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »

Hey, maybe they can coax dig Gaylord Perry out of retirement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »
Cross him off, then!

Let's not be so quick, there were pretty dead pitchers on the staff in the 80's.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:31:20 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »

Let's not be so quick, there werte pretty dead pitchers on the staff in the 80's.

Don't be so hard on the Ricky's.  Rick Camp and Rick Mahler were all star material.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
Don't be so hard on the Ricky's.  Rick Camp and Rick Mahler were all star material.

Did not know he died at age 51. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

Did not know he died at age 51.

Guess I didn't know that either. Well, shit.

If someone tells me Dion James is dead, I may cut a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
Guess I didn't know that either. Well, shit.

If someone tells me Dion James is dead, I may cut a bitch.

Camp died too.  He served some time for embezzlement and died a couple of years ago if memory serves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »
While we're dogging the Bravos, thought I'd share this from SB Nation.  I lol'd my lederhosen.

(While Ray gives out his sleepers for the year, I have decided to pick one player from each MLB team as the worst player on that team.  While this has nothing to do with fantasy and I wouldn't recommend actually taking my advice not to pick these players, my picks are more to do with personal matters.  First up: the Atlanta Braves.)

Sure, it would be quite easy to have B.J. Upton as the worst current Atlanta Brave, but that would be lazy, and I am sure everyone else has already written about how bad Upton has been.  Therefore, he is not my pick.

My pick is Mike Minor for several reasons.

First, he has the funkiest delivery since Tim Robbins in Bull Durham.  (His performance almost ruins the movie for me.)  Seriously Mike, what the hell are you doing?  Did you not watch Tom Glavine growing up?  His delivery was smoother than me on a first date.  Glavine was so smooth that you wanted him to pick you up, carry you into bed and make love to you all night.  That is how awesome his delivery was back then.  Yours, however, reminds me of the first time I watched the HBO show Oz: awkward feelings occurred.

Your 2014 record doesn't exactly inspire confidence in fantasy owners either.  We are all aware that the Braves went into a tailspin at the end of the year, but there is no excuse for just winning six games to 12 losses.  That is quite pathetic.  Oh, and let's not even discuss your 1.44 WHIP, because I have no idea what the hell that means.  I am sure it is awful, though.

Sure, you were late coming to the rotation this year due to a preseason procedure (say that five times real fast!), but excuses are not accepted around these parts.  Remember in Oz when Christopher Meloni cracked a guy's neck, ultimately killing him?  Yeah, that happened because that guy tried to make excuses.  Let's not let that happen.

Finally, and this is your worst offense of all, you cost me a beer in a bet multiple times to my friend Keith.  His theory is that you always give up one solo homerun in a game.  My theory is that he is full of crap and that he was going to buy me a beer for being so full of crap.  You know what, though?  He was right!  YOU ALWAYS GIVE UP A SOLO HOMERUN!  You cost me, like, 10 beers this past season.  Sure, I could have started to see a trend and stopped betting, but what is the fun in that?

So, Mr. Minor, I am proud to present you with the first annual Worst Brave of the Year Award.  There is no monetary prize or trophy, but the knowledge that you are, in fact, horrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
The catcher has bum knees. The best pitcher is a reliever with a live arm and out center fielder thinks he can hit the long ball like Mayes, but really isn't worth a shit. Oh, did I mention that our new left fielder (Gattis) can't hit a fucking curve ball?

This season is going to be like what would happen if the Indians didn't win the whole damn thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »
Hey bartender, Jo Bu needs a refill
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 02:18:53 AM »
In an effort to save money, Braves just signed 82 year old Julio Franco for the second time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 09:04:27 AM »
When do they re-sign Otis Nixon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »
Dale Murphy.  Hitting coach/Center field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
I think Biff Pocoroba is making a come back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
Has Sid Bream scored yet on that hit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
Has Sid Bream scored yet on that hit?

He's rounding third.  Bonds doesn't have much of an arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions