Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And your new D-cor is...

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: And your new D-cor is...
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
I'm thinking the announcement will come next Wednesday. Just as er'body is talking about the playoff teams, the breaking new will be "Auburn hires Will Muschamp as their new Defensive Coordinator".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2014, 01:35:49 PM »
I'm thinking the announcement will come next Wednesday. Just as er'body is talking about the playoff teams, the breaking new will be "Auburn hires Will Muschamp as their new Defensive Coordinator".
Or, if it doesn't work out as planned, "Auburn hires Mike Dubose as their new Defensive Coordinator".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
Or, if it doesn't work out as planned, "Auburn hires Mike Dubose as their new Defensive Coordinator".

"if it doesn't work out as planned" would be an understatement there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »
Hide ja' secretary. Hide ja' wife.  Mike rapin' err'body up in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »
But supposedly Coach Cheese has not connected well with the players at all, and last I watched, Auburn's secondary had some of the worst technique I've ever seen.
That would be correct. If I'm not mistaken he was the coach that got into it with Jermaine Whitehead.

If that's the case, Auburn might snap up Memphis' DC/Safety Coach Barry Odom (similar aggressive style as Coach "Boom Mutha Fucka" Muschamp), then hire Kevin Greene as LBer Coach...or hire Coach BMF for $1.5 Mil (that's the rumored amount that aTm is throwing at him) and bring in UF Secondary Coach & former AU Tiger Travaris Robinson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »
That would be correct. If I'm not mistaken he was the coach that got into it with Jermaine Whitehead.

If that's the case, Auburn might snap up Memphis' DC/Safety Coach Barry Odom (similar aggressive style as Coach "Boom Mutha Fucka" Muschamp), then hire Kevin Greene as LBer Coach...or hire Coach BMF for $1.5 Mil (that's the rumored amount that aTm is throwing at him) and bring in UF Secondary Coach & former AU Tiger Travaris Robinson.

Word is, its also gonna take more to get him at A&M since its so far away from him and his wife's families and he values that highly. And that A&M even knows he is a long shot. It took UT making him an Asst HC and the HC in Waiting with huge incentives to even get him there. I think they are aiming at Venebles and Foster more realistically. Crazier things have happened though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
I don't know if anyone posted this. Doesn't matter. It will get more exposure when I post it, since I have more followers. I thought someone said that we were finished with the Cheezick payments. According to the al.com, we are not. We still owe a bunch to several coaches.

AUBURN, Alabama -- The top target in Auburn's search for a defensive coordinator is one of the most wanted men in college football.

Will Muschamp is being pursued by Auburn, Texas A&M and other potential suitors, and the salary it might take to get him could make him the highest-paid defensive coordinator in college football, even though Florida owes him more than $6 million in buyout.

Auburn likely won't flinch if landing Muschamp requires a salary higher than the ones Alabama's Kirby Smart and LSU's John Chavis are getting.

The highest-paid coordinator in college football this season is Smart, who makes $1.35 million per year, and the second-most is Chavis, who is getting $1.3 million.

Back in 2011, Auburn's athletics department proved it's willing to pay more than anybody else for the right coordinator. Under Gene Chizik, the Tigers made made Gus Malzahn the nation's highest-paid coordinator at $1.3 million per year, making the Tigers' staff the highest-paid group in the country, according to USA Today.

And the trend didn't stop when Malzahn hired his first staff at Auburn. The Tigers' initial salary pool ranked fifth in the nation, a number that may rise after Auburn assistants received raises that added $900,000 to the pool following last season's trip to the national title game.

Auburn's ability to pay its assistants top-dollar hasn't changed despite the $865,994 deficit the athletics department reported for the 2013 fiscal year, along with the buyouts still owed to four coaches.

Auburn is still paying former head coach Gene Chizik $209,457.84 per month, according to open financial records, through the 2015-2016 fiscal year, owes former basketball coach Tony Barbee $1.875 million in monthly installments that end in June of 2017, assistant coach Ryan Miller $15,833 per month through May of 2015 and now former defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson $850,000 per year through June of 2017, a figure that will go down if he gets another job.

Auburn owes all four coaches a total of roughly $7.1 million through June 2017, although the yearly total obviously drops as coaches come off the books at different times.

Those numbers likely won't deter Auburn from its pursuit of Muschamp.

Despite those buyouts, Auburn's athletic revenue is expected to rise after selling out all seven home football games and selling out basketball season tickets for the first time since the 1999-2000 season, plus the unknown windfall expected from SEC Network revenues.

Add it all up, and Auburn isn't likely to be priced out of the Muschamp sweepstakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »
People have asked about the possibility of WT being interested in the D cor job but for the kind of money that is being discussed, it would be dumb for me to take a pay cut. If we were talking about Saban type money, it would be more of a lateral move and I would consider it. I don't really need the money but the people that I owe seem to think that it's important.

I really do think that if this thing tarries on and we don't have anyone named by Fri that Gus should seriously consider jmar. He talks a good game and it would hopefully keep him off of here, spouting off about the PX97 crossbuck corner blitz packages and shit like that.
Appreciate the backhanded mention for the position WT but the game has passed me by and my old school methods are outdated and cruel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Appreciate the backhanded mention for the position WT but the game has passed me by and my old school methods are outdated and cruel.

He starts every practice with a rousing session of Bull-in-the-Ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »

Green has stated that he will not coach anywhere until his kids graduate HS. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
Yup plus we don't get water breaks, have sexual intercourse or smoke that dope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »
According to AuburnSports.com, Jay G. Tate, Auburn has offered Muschamp. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
"Sources say Muschamp also has received a lucrative offer from Texas A&M, which fired defensive coordinator Mark Snyder on Sunday. Auburn has assured Muschamp that it will compete with any offer made by a university program, though at least two NFL organizations have contacted him with provisional offers."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Sources
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
"Sources say Muschamp also has received a lucrative offer from Texas A&M, which fired defensive coordinator Mark Snyder on Sunday. Auburn has assured Muschamp that it will compete with any offer made by a university program, though at least two NFL organizations have contacted him with provisional offers."

You gotdamn right. Sources for milez and milez will confirm that, Jay. :miltie: :miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
This drill always made a lot of sense, didn't it? Just think of the number of times during a game that you have to spin around 360 looking for somebody coming full speed to try to spear you in the back.

Now, back when I was playing, we did the bull in the ring deal but all of the guys in the circle had hatchets. It made it more challenging than you pussies probably had to go through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
This drill always made a lot of sense, didn't it? Just think of the number of times during a game that you have to spin around 360 looking for somebody coming full speed to try to spear you in the back.

Now, back when I was playing, we did the bull in the ring deal but all of the guys in the circle had hatchets. It made it more challenging than you pussies probably had to go through.

Our coach made us play it naked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."