Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And your new D-cor is...

Re: And your new D-cor is...
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
247 reporting Texas A&M has offered Muschamp 1.5 mil to be their DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
Boom Mutha Fucka.

TUBERVILLE TO ARKANSAS!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
247 reporting Texas A&M has offered Muschamp 1.5 mil to be their DC.

Unpossible! PM said we were making a push to hire him.

Boom Mutha Fucka.

TUBERVILLE TO ARKANSAS!!!!!

So we are hiring Bret Bielema as our DC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
I thought it was Muschamp but if the 1.5 is accurate and thats what he wants, I say let him go to the Big 12 or whatever A&M is in this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »
Unpossible! PM said we were making a push to hire him.

So we are hiring Bret Bielema as our DC?

Speaking of....Wes-Kansan's DC has been thrown out there as a possibility.  (al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..) Seriously stout defenses.  Granted, against more plodding Big 10 offenses but still, a name to consider.

Whatever his name is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
We should think outside the box. 

How happy can Tommy Tuberville really be in Cincy?  Doesn't his son play for AU? 

Put Malzahn's offense with Tuberville's defenses?  The 3-2 MSU game becomes 333-2.  Who wouldn't like that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
We should think outside the box. 

How happy can Tommy Tuberville really be in Cincy?  Doesn't his son play for AU? 

Put Malzahn's offense with Tuberville's defenses?  The 3-2 MSU game becomes 333-2.  Who wouldn't like that?

Hmmmm....

I'm gonna' keep my eye on you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2014, 06:04:30 PM »
Speaking of....Wes-Kansan's DC has been thrown out there as a possibility.  (al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..) Seriously stout defenses.  Granted, against more plodding Big 10 offenses but still, a name to consider.

Whatever his name is.

Personally, I like the guy from West Central North Dakota Southeastern State Tech A&M.  His team hasn't given up one yard all season.   I can't remember his name.  You know, what's his face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »
Personally, I like the guy from West Central North Dakota Southeastern State Tech A&M.  His team hasn't given up one yard all season.   I can't remember his name.  You know, what's his face?
Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »
Link?

Google it.  It may take you a while but well worth it once you find the info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:14 PM »
Will Muschamp, former Florida head coach
 This is the hot name, and he has to be No. 1 on the candidates list. Will Muschamp spent two seasons as defensive coordinator under Tommy Tuberville. His Auburn defense topped the SEC in scoring defense in 2007 and ranked seventh nationally in 2006.

Could Muschamp sit out 2015? Some have talked about it. However, if he does decide to coach again in 2015, it will almost assuredly be in the SEC. Malzahn and director of athletics Jay Jacobs may have to outbid Texas A&M for Muschamp’s services, however.

The thought of a Muschamp-Malzahn combo should terrify the rest of the SEC, and it makes the most sense out of any of the candidates…almost too much sense.

Bo Pelini, former Nebraska head coach
 Bo Pelini is an interesting target, because it’s unknown whether or not he’s interested in returning back to the coordinator level. The canned Nebraska coach is proven as an SEC defensive coordinator from his days at LSU, where his defenses ranked third nationally in all three of his seasons, which included a BCS national championship in 2007.

Pelini could take the Tommy Tuberville route and become a head coach at a lower FBS program, though it has been reported he’s interested in returning to the SEC.

The Malzahn-Pelini combo is also extremely attractive, but it’s not as attractive as the Malzhan-Muschamp tandem.

Manny Diaz, Louisiana Tech
 Diaz could be the wildcard, but he could also be the best option. He possesses SEC experience, and has done a great job turning around the Louisiana Tech defense under Skip Holtz. His Bulldogs defense ranks 29th nationally in total defense in 2014, up from 63rd in 2013.

He struggled in two seasons at Texas toward the end of Mack Brown’s tenure, but had success as defensive coordinator at Mississippi State. His 2010 MSU defense allowed just 19.9 points per game and held Malzahn’s high-powered offense in check with Cam Newton in a 19-14 loss.

Diaz is a young, proven coach who has worked with offensive-minded coaches and done so successfully.

Dave Aranda, Wisconsin defensive coordinator
 Aranda is an off-the-radar option, but if Malzahn is looking for someone with no SEC connections, it is believed the current Wisconsin defensive coordinator could get a look. His defense ranks second in the FBS in total defense allowing just 260.3 yards per game and fourth in scoring defense, giving up 16.8 points per game.

Charles Kelly, Florida State defensive coordinator
 Kelly replaced the departed Jeremy Pruitt, in his first season as defensive coordinator at Florida State. He was on the defensive staff of Pruitt during last season’s national championship run. The Seminoles rank 27th overall in scoring defense and seventh in red zone defense.

Kelly is becoming a valuable commodity among the coaching ranks, but he also holds connections to Auburn and Malzahn. He played defensive back at Auburn under Pat Dye in the late 1980s
and coached at Henderson State — Malzahn’s alma mater — in 1999.

Others: Could Auburn also look at Clemson DC Brent Venables? He has one of the top defenses in the country, and he’s also been linked to the Texas A&M job. Also, Memphis defensive coordinator Barry Odom is a potential target. Odom previously coached at Missouri, and has done a respectable job turning around the Memphis defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
So...
DC/CB Coach Charles Kelly
DT Coach Tracy Rocker
DE Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Rodney Garner
LB Coach Kevin Greene
Safety Coach Charlie Harbison
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
Agree.

We need recruits and rumor while he was at LSU and at Nebraska is that he doesn't recruit.  Garner and Smith can't do all the recruiting for the D.  Unless there is more going on behind the scenes that doesn't get reported, it looks like Cheese and EJ haven't recruited much this year.  I haven't heard a defensive recruit yet this year mention either one of them.  It has been Garner, Smith and Craig.
I think you've got Coach Cheese and Smith confused. Cheese has a couple four star & three star commits...Coach Smith, none.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »
So...
DC/CB Coach Charles Kelly
DT Coach Tracy Rocker
DE Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Rodney Garner
LB Coach Kevin Greene
Safety Coach Charlie Harbison
Not saying we don't need an animated DC to put a charge in our kids but this is the kind of guy that can have us where we need to be and actually stick around for a long time. Has all of the qualities we desire as a teacher and recruiter. Maybe not the loud, vein popping, tantrum throwing type but very dedicated to his craft. He might not be the big splashy hire but I like him over the other names that have been mentioned.

Fucksakes, if we only needed to dial up a stunt or blitz there is not a better combo than Roof/Rock yet the same old problems will still persist-poor tackling and coverage. I can get excited about any DC Gus brings in but I'm a little skiddish about any recently fired head coach ever truly getting on board. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/68542/tireless-teacher-kelly-takes-over-noles-d
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 08:00:54 AM »
I think you've got Coach Cheese and Smith confused. Cheese has a couple four star & three star commits...Coach Smith, none.

But supposedly Coach Cheese has not connected well with the players at all, and last I watched, Auburn's secondary had some of the worst technique I've ever seen. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »

Oh you talkin' about Mr. and Mrs. what's their name's boy? He's a good'un.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »
People have asked about the possibility of WT being interested in the D cor job but for the kind of money that is being discussed, it would be dumb for me to take a pay cut. If we were talking about Saban type money, it would be more of a lateral move and I would consider it. I don't really need the money but the people that I owe seem to think that it's important.

I really do think that if this thing tarries on and we don't have anyone named by Fri that Gus should seriously consider jmar. He talks a good game and it would hopefully keep him off of here, spouting off about the PX97 crossbuck corner blitz packages and shit like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
Oh you talkin' about Mr. and Mrs. what's their name's boy? He's a good'un.

Yeah, that's the guy.  Hire him stat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions