Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »
You and chinook are the only ones I see buttfudgeing eachother with rainbow blindfolds on.
It's high time someone addressed GF and Chinook buttfucking in plain sight. This has been an eyesore for some time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
It's high time someone addressed GF and Chinook buttfucking in plain sight. This has been an eyesore for some time.
Doesn't bother me, course I have a rainbow blindfold on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2014, 06:14:23 AM »
I agree that Nick is not the problem.  I think he tries hard, but let's face it, he's not a true qb.  Most of all his deep passes are thrown to double coverage.  What saves him is the wr making a good catch.  I don't recall where, but I heard someone say "offense puts butts in the seats, and defense wins championships".  My point for saying that is, why can't we have a high potent offense and lights out defense?  Why must it be one or the other?  The bend don't break attitude on defense is just not working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
I agree that Nick is not the problem.  I think he tries hard, but let's face it, he's not a true qb.  Most of all his deep passes are thrown to double coverage.  What saves him is the wr making a good catch.  I don't recall where, but I heard someone say "offense puts butts in the seats, and defense wins championships".  My point for saying that is, why can't we have a high potent offense and lights out defense?  Why must it be one or the other?  The bend don't break attitude on defense is just not working.

"Bend Don't Break" generally leaves you crooked, sore, and weak at the seams. It's not a philosophy for long-term success as has been proven time and again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
"Bend Don't Break" generally leaves you crooked, sore, and weak at the seams. It's not a philosophy for long-term success as has been proven time and again.
TheSeven hath returned!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »
TheSeven hath returned!

I heard there were rainbow blindfolds here now and didn't want to miss out on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »
TheSeven hath returned!
Finally someone that's sensible. #starburys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
I heard there were rainbow blindfolds here now and didn't want to miss out on that.

Jumbo gets to fist your dog again, though.  Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
Jumbo gets to fist your dog again, though.  Sorry.

Seeing as the post count has remained intact, I think the dog gets a pass - UNLIKE this Auburn team who mailed it in after that first drive Saturday in Athens. if anyone needs a fisting, this team does...with a hot glove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:57 AM »
Seeing as the post count has remained intact, I think the dog gets a pass - UNLIKE this Auburn team who mailed it in after that first drive Saturday in Athens. if anyone needs a fisting, this team does...with a hot glove.

Well, if you are speaking honestly, I think it took the roughing the punter call before they mailed it in. But after that...yep...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
Something else -

This Auburn team is the worst in penalty yards per game since I'm not exactly sure when.  CFBStats only goes back to 2008, and we're winning since then.  So compared to 2008 and 2012's clusterfuck years, we're worse when it comes to maintaining composure and making smart decisions throughout a game. 

EDIT - Team website has cumulative statistics going pretty far back. 

In 2014, we're averaging 69 yards a game in penalties. 

We averaged 65 yards a game in penalties in 2009. 
68 yards a game in penalties in 2001. 

Auburnsports.com only goes back to 1997.  2014 may so far be the worst season in Auburn history for penalties.  Other than 2009 and 2001, our average penalty yards per game at most hits in the lower 50s.  60s is rare. 

What's even worse is that we're sucking like hell penalty-wise on the road.  81 yards/game during road games.

And to make matters worse, November is fucking blistering us as a team.  91 yards/game in penalties in the month of November.  August?  53 yards/game. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:59:43 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »
That reply there was a pip fella. Have you got any in response to the possibility that Gus and young Lashlee are getting their signals crossed?
I call it "too many cooks in the kitchen."
Will wait on your response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
That reply there was a pip fella. Have you got any in response to the possibility that Gus and young Lashlee are getting their signals crossed?

$2 to THS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
Something else -

This Auburn team is the worst in penalty yards per game since I'm not exactly sure when.  CFBStats only goes back to 2008, and we're winning since then.  So compared to 2008 and 2012's clusterfuck years, we're worse when it comes to maintaining composure and making smart decisions throughout a game. 

EDIT - Team website has cumulative statistics going pretty far back. 

In 2014, we're averaging 69 yards a game in penalties. 

We averaged 65 yards a game in penalties in 2009. 
68 yards a game in penalties in 2001. 

Auburnsports.com only goes back to 1997.  2014 may so far be the worst season in Auburn history for penalties.  Other than 2009 and 2001, our average penalty yards per game at most hits in the lower 50s.  60s is rare. 

What's even worse is that we're sucking like hell penalty-wise on the road.  81 yards/game during road games.

And to make matters worse, November is fucking blistering us as a team.  91 yards/game in penalties in the month of November.  August?  53 yards/game.
All but sure 2004 team was very close to our current average in penalties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2014, 12:10:29 PM »
All but sure 2004 team was very close to our current average in penalties.

Nope. And damnit, you should do your own homework, but I'll put it here for you:

2014 - 69
2013 - 40
2012 - 50
2011 - 52
2010 - 53
2009 - 65 (140 yards of penalties in the bowl game skewed this one a bit)
2008 - 47
2007 - 47
2006 - 45
2005 - 45
2004 - 52

You may think 15-20 yards extra a game is not much, but think about HOW many penalties that would be a game.  At least one pass interference call or a few false starts, holds, or offsides.  Enough to put a team in an extra difficult position to succeed.  And that's confirmed by the fact that Auburn is dead last in penalties this year.  Oh, and our penalties/yards are only going up each week since August.  53/game in August/September, 63/game in October, 91/game in November.

Also averaging about 2 more penalties a game than recent years. 

Combine that with other discipline problems (fumbles, muffed punts, drops), and it's easy to see that this team is not prepared to compete with the best teams in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
Nope. And damnit, you should do your own homework, but I'll put it here for you:

2014 - 69
2013 - 40
2012 - 50
2011 - 52
2010 - 53
2009 - 65 (140 yards of penalties in the bowl game skewed this one a bit)
2008 - 47
2007 - 47
2006 - 45
2005 - 45
2004 - 52

You may think 15-20 yards extra a game is not much, but think about HOW many penalties that would be a game.  At least one pass interference call or a few false starts, holds, or offsides.  Enough to put a team in an extra difficult position to succeed.  And that's confirmed by the fact that Auburn is dead last in penalties this year.  Oh, and our penalties/yards are only going up each week since August.  53/game in August/September, 63/game in October, 91/game in November.

Also averaging about 2 more penalties a game than recent years. 

Combine that with other discipline problems (fumbles, muffed punts, drops), and it's easy to see that this team is not prepared to compete with the best teams in the country.

Is that common core?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2014, 12:26:31 PM »
You kids with your statistics and whatnot.
How about checking the number of fumbles of some of the better Oklahoma offenses of the seventies and eighties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »

I don't put much weight on that. They are both high energy guys who yell and jump and such during games. I think they are pretty well in sync. The team just didn't do anything after that opening bit for reasons which are only speculative at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »
I don't put much weight on that. They are both high energy guys who yell and jump and such during games. I think they are pretty well in sync. The team just didn't do anything after that opening bit for reasons which are only speculative at this point.
And occasionally bust that ass on the sideline, as Lash did Saturday. Tried to stop quick and busted that ass. Saw it on top 10 worst. I love watching people fall. I should probably consider working in a nursing home. I'd laugh my ass off all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
The thing that upsets me about this team is that it reminds me very much of 2003.  We had high expectations.  That year we blew it from the start.  This year we felt good, but reached sky-high limits after destroying an LSU defense that has pretty much shut everybody else in the world down. 

I'll be honest.  After we skullfucked LSU and I saw how badly A&M played, how flawed MSU was (and is), how vulnerable Alabama was (and is) and how weak SC turned out to be I truly thought we'd methodically grind our way unbeaten into the Iron Bowl.  I figured Bama would have two losses by then.  I expected the Ole Miss loss and really thought Arkansas or LSU would tag them too (both should have, but Bama is the luckiest team in the history of the universe). 

We have the talent.  We got the benefit of the doubt from the committee.  So, again, I (and I think most of us) bought in yet again. After 2003 I damn sure didn't completely buy in back in 2004.  Didn't want to get burned again.  I didn't buy in back in 2010 until the very end.  I kept thinking something had to break, we were so close in seemingly every game.  I didn't buy in last year because, well, we weren't supposed to be there.  Every game was a happy surprise. 

And then this year.  It was all right there in front of us.  We looked invulnerable on offense, we seemed to have found a comfortable groove on defense.   And then we seemed to get complacent.  Defense started half assing. Offense played well, but only when it absolutely had to.  We let a Mississippi State team we should have broken escape with some really sloppy play.  Then we let a really bad Texas A&M team run over us because, in my opinion, our players saw the point spread, saw what Alabama did to them and figured all we had to do was show up.  Instead we fucked up. 

That hangover (and perhaps some internal finger pointing) carried over to the Georgia game.  And we fucked the entire season. 

Is this a bad team?  Nope.  The team that mauled LSU is still out there somewhere.  That team would beat Alabama like a rented mule.  The Tide are as vulnerable as they've been in seven years.  They don't have a quarterback, there are big holes to exploit on defense. They can be stopped, easily.  But I don't know if the coaching staff can bring the Auburn team that dominated LSU back.  That's the challenge. 

All isn't lost, but we are staring at the abyss right now.  We shit the bed once again and we'll be back in the same position we were several years ago where we have to "prove" ourselves all over again.  We'd climbed that mountain already (See the committee rankings early on).  We don't need to fall so far that we create that perpetual doubt again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.