Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
Re: Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »
We should just go back to one and done QBs for now on. The whole thought process of Marshall being better in year two was pretty bust. I don't doubt Malzahn can improve a QB, but i think it needs to be a legit QB. Still hungover
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
I agree that we do have talent, poor choice of words on my part.  Point I was trying to make is that Gus is trying to hide our weaknesses.  Our o-line is not as strong as it was last year. Also while we have talent at the receiver position not one of them is reliable to make the play when needed.

I don't know that JJ is the better choice at QB, but I think our offense will be completely different when he gets the job.  We have played a game or two where we would have been better off with a more pass happy game plan, and have been in situations where we needed to come from behind.  Malzahn has stuck with his guy from day one and that is not Marshall's strength.  I don't know if that is at the fault of Malzahn being loyal or a testament that Johnson is not ready.
Agree. And Marshall def can't consistently make all of the throws a lot of SEC qb's can--back shoulder stuff and short routes over the middle-- but it seems like Sammy drops 2 a game that are between the numbers. WTF? He's been disappointing this year.

I guess Gus just doesn't believe in two QB's but I truly believe that was and is our best shot this season. Although it would've been nice to have practiced it all year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »
I don't know about the chicken salad out of chicken shit on offense. We have elite talent on offense. Players most teams would love to have. Injuries, sure but that's everywhere. Last night was the only glaring underperforming game on offense in my eyes. But I can't agree that Gus hasn't had the players.
Don't know if the problem is Obama, the polar vortex, Jeremy Foley, Kristy Malzahn or that embarrassing dance video that is distracting Gus. All I know is that it needs to be fixed...toot sweet!
Samford is gearing up for a showdown at JHSPDF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
Go to AUNation with that shoot if you think he's off base at all...

Ha far from it, but you shouldn't hide behind the curtains.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
Agree. And Marshall def can't consistently make all of the throws a lot of SEC qb's can--back shoulder stuff and short routes over the middle-- but it seems like Sammy drops 2 a game that are between the numbers. WTF? He's been disappointing this year.

I guess Gus just doesn't believe in two QB's but I truly believe that was and is our best shot this season. Although it would've been nice to have practiced it all year.

I think people are way too hard on Marshall.

He's not next level elite.  Well, let me take that back.  He is as a runner.  His legs owned LSU, led us to the victory against Ole MIss, and damn near completed one of the biggest comebacks in Auburn history against A&M. 

His receivers are killing him.  Way too many drops.  In a crucial drive yesterday to keep hope alive, he had two great throws to Coates and Louis.  Both dropped. 

If JJ had taken over this team at some point, are those balls caught?  Does Marshall throw the ball too hard? 

The only consistent misses from Marshall are on the deep ball.  He overthrows too many open receivers down field.  Short and intermediate passing game?  About as good as one should expect in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
I think people are way too hard on Marshall.

He's not next level elite.  Well, let me take that back.  He is as a runner.  His legs owned LSU, led us to the victory against Ole MIss, and damn near completed one of the biggest comebacks in Auburn history against A&M. 

His receivers are killing him.  Way too many drops.  In a crucial drive yesterday to keep hope alive, he had two great throws to Coates and Louis.  Both dropped. 

If JJ had taken over this team at some point, are those balls caught?  Does Marshall throw the ball too hard? 

The only consistent misses from Marshall are on the deep ball.  He overthrows too many open receivers down field.  Short and intermediate passing game?  About as good as one should expect in the SEC.
I love Marshall. I think he's the best athlete we've ever had and the fastest Qb we've likely ever had. Cannon for an arm and improved as a passer. He's also short and doesn't have the accuracy or touch that really good passers have. He's a really effective qb but not so much in passing, which is why I would love for us to go 2 qb these last 2 games.

It's the only thing that gives us a shot at Bama, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
I love Marshall. I think he's the best athlete we've ever had and the fastest Qb we've likely ever had. Cannon for an arm and improved as a passer. He's also short and doesn't have the accuracy or touch that really good passers have. He's a really effective qb but not so much in passing, which is why I would love for us to go 2 qb these last 2 games.

It's the only thing that gives us a shot at Bama, IMO.

Ah, gotchya.

I agree from a purely strategy standpoint. 

But Marshall's done a lot for this program.  A whole lot more than most give him credit for.  I think people forget that we had one of if not the worst team in college football in 2012 and when Marshall came in at QB, we almost won the NC.  His play was one of if not the most vital component of our restoration as a power program.

With that said, how do you take playing time away from a guy that has done so much for us?  It's not like he's awful.  He's not the crutch of the team.  Benching the entire secondary and seeing if some young guys can make a play?  Yeah, I get that.  Benching Marshall to give Johnson a few more reps?  Not sure I like punishing guys that deserve a spot in Auburn lore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
Ah, gotchya.

But Marshall's done a lot for this program.  A whole lot more than most give him credit for.  I think people forget that we had one of if not the worst team in college football in 2012 and when Marshall came in at QB, we almost won the NC.  His play was one of if not the most vital component of our restoration as a power program.

With that said, how do you take playing time away from a guy that has done so much for us?  It's not like he's awful.  He's not the crutch of the team.  Benching the entire secondary and seeing if some young guys can make a play?  Yeah, I get that.  Benching Marshall to give Johnson a few more reps?  Not sure I like punishing guys that deserve a spot in Auburn lore.
We should have seen JJ against TAMU. But now I don't want to see him at all, not with the team playing so poorly. Sure he could gain valuable experience but I don't really see any positives beyond that. We know what he can do. Had rather him get a fresh start after this season is in the books.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
First of all...
Gus's biggest mistake is being to loyal to the QB that took us to the dance last year.  We are a one dimensional offense again even though Marshall is an improved passer.  We are still not a consistently productive passing team.  Either Marshall still overthrows the ball or receivers drop perfect ones.  Gus leans on the run way too much because of this.  Anyone else notice that when we go fast all we do is run the same play again?
No.

There are PLENTY of places to point fingers. Nick is the absolute last. He's the only one on the team that appears to give a single fuck at this point.

Secondly,
To jump ship now is just dumb.  If you didn't realize after the Kstate game that we were going to lose some games this year you had your colored glasses on.  However I did not see losing to a crappy ATM nor getting thumped by UGA
The bold is the entire point. No one would be on the ledge right now if we took care of aTm, even if we ended up on top by a field goal, AND we didn't just get our shit turned inside out by this Georgia team that FLORIDA made a bitch out of.

A close hard-fought loss would have been a completely different animal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »
I don't want Auburn to play that brand of football but I do expect to see our team to show up and perform when so much is on the line versus a major rival like UGA...and TAMU wasn't enough of a wake up call?
Every ounce of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
What the fuck does this mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
Ah, gotchya.

I'm replying in this thread as I'm reading, but this is where I'm at.

No one will ever be Cam, but Nick is damn close. Crisp passer that can run it out for 10 yards if all his receivers are covered.

I don't know what some of you are seeing here to think he of all things is a problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »
I'm replying in this thread as I'm reading, but this is where I'm at.

No one will ever be Cam, but Nick is damn close. Crisp passer that can run it out for 10 yards if all his receivers are covered.

I don't know what some of you are seeing here to think he of all things is a problem.
I haven't seen anyone say he is the problem. I do think that using he and JJ gives us the best chance to win.

Not that it matters. Prob won't happen. But if Gus doesn't make some defensive changes at the end of season, I am suspect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
Last night was embarrassing I think we should fire everyone and start from scratch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
I agree with Jumbo in part. It was embarrassing. I don't we should fire everyone, only the defensive staff but keep T-Will. I can't wrap my head around this at all. This would have been a battle b/w a good offensive mind against a good defensive mind but our own defensive couldn't do anything but get in each others way. This was a bad loss and yes, I can't help but think of 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

Dude.....

You're crossing lines.  Very, very bad form.  Not what I expect from you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »
Dude.....

You're crossing lines.  Very, very bad form.  Not what I expect from you.

We should handle this like Sons of Anarchy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
No one would be on the ledge right now if we took care of aTm, even if we ended up on top by a field goal, AND we didn't just get our shit turned inside out by this Georgia team that FLORIDA made a bitch out of.
You appear to be the only one I have seen on said ledge...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
You appear to be the only one I have seen on said ledge...
How long have you been reading?

You and chinook are the only ones I see buttfucking eachother with rainbow blindfolds on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions