Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Thoughts - Week Hello Chizik, My Old Friend?
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »
I agree with Jumbo in part. It was embarrassing. I don't we should fire everyone, only the defensive staff but keep T-Will. I can't wrap my head around this at all. This would have been a battle b/w a good offensive mind against a good defensive mind but our own defensive couldn't do anything but get in each others way. This was a bad loss and yes, I can't help but think of 2012.
I hope you are joking, but wow.  Even firing anyone after 2 years...2 years from being the worst team in the SEC.  Being competitive in every game but this last one.   

Wow some people need to get some perspective.  I'm just as upset and mad as everyone else btw, I think the coaching was horrible last night, as was the play of the players.  But folks calling for jobs is beyond my grasp, how short are memories are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
How long have you been reading?

You and chinook are the only ones I see buttfucking eachother with rainbow blindfolds on.
I don't see anyone freaking out as bad as you, why don't you go cheer for bama.  You have selective reading skills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
I don't see anyone freaking out as bad as you, why don't you go cheer for bama.  You have selective reading skills.
You just fucking addressed someone calling for Gus's job. Please direct me to where I called for that. In fact, I'm the only one I see stating that I don't think firing Ellis will solve shit either.

And I'm one of the few defending Nick. And did so the most emphatically.

You're seeing what you want to see to be a dick for some reason, but keep tilting at windmills.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:26:23 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2014, 06:27:45 PM »
You just fucking addressed someone calling for Gus's job. Please direct me to where I called for that. In fact, I'm the only one I see stating that I don't think firing Ellis will solve shit either.

And I'm one of the few defending Nick. And did so the most emphatically.

You're seeing what you want to see to be a dick for some reason, but keep tilting at windmills.
Because you decided to go postal on me for some fucking reason, but have at it hoss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Because you decided to go postal on me for some fucking reason, but have at it hoss.
Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
Link?

Links are for folks at aunation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
We should just go back to one and done QBs for now on. The whole thought process of Marshall being better in year two was pretty bust. I don't doubt Malzahn can improve a QB, but i think it needs to be a legit QB. Still hungover

How people continue to have this thought process is beyond me. Marshall was about the only decent thing I saw from Auburn last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2014, 06:52:11 PM »
How people continue to have this thought process is beyond me. Marshall was about the only decent thing I saw from Auburn last night.
Come off the ledge, dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »
I'm replying in this thread as I'm reading, but this is where I'm at.

No one will ever be Cam, but Nick is damn close. Crisp passer that can run it out for 10 yards if all his receivers are covered.

I don't know what some of you are seeing here to think he of all things is a problem.

No one is saying that he is the problem or that Nick does not play hard.  I also agree that he is a big part of the reason we won games last year and this year.  He does however make us pretty much a one dimensional offense.  Nick is a hell of a runner and athlete but he is not a pure passer. Does he make some great throws yes he does but he also makes some terrible ones and misses his reads.  We dont throw a lot of slants, outs or curls there is a reason.  All of our short passes are screens and we chunk a deep ball.  I'm grateful that we have Nick but to think we are a dominant team either last year or this year is absurd.  We have a great offense and a less than average defense.  We have a team that can win against anybody but can also lose against anybody.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

chinook

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »

I think he's just watching you free fall. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:20:14 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »
In think he's just watching you free fall.
He should use my GoPro
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »

Well, the ball boy was spot on all night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
Well, the ball boy was spot on all night.

We didn't miss any extra points!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »
MY TWO CENTS

I'm angry at how badly we have regressed and see no reason for change yet once a team takes a severe downturn a coordinator is the likely sacrifice. 
Auburn was openly ridiculed by many for wanting to fire Chizik though it was absolutely necessary.
Malzahn's job is safe and should be for helping rescue the program from years of certain mediocrity.
IMO we can do no better than Gus however it's very possible that he might not be able to sustain success, not like we want or expect.

Our strategy is to keep it close enough to win any game in the end where we should adopt a killers instinct and do our best to put teams away. And to me this is at the very core of the problem. How can a team be properly prepared to play it's best when the head coach is okay with getting by?

NICK

There is no equal to what we had with Cam Newton.
Nick Marshall is one helluva QB in this system which is run heavy. When we are having our way with the ground game he throws about 20 passes. When the defense falters badly he might have to double that many attempts. He's a terrific runner, very good at escaping and free-lancing and throws the passes he is asked to throw well enough. Very happy to have had his calm leadership as well.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:51:18 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »

Ok. As to not try and misinterpret what you are saying...what exactly does that mean?

I am on the ledge because I thought Marshall played decent? I'm confused...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »
Ok. As to not try and misinterpret what you are saying...what exactly does that mean?

I am on the ledge because I thought Marshall played decent? I'm confused...
:facepalm:

I said exactly the same thing. And it was probably the most down on the team thing that I said in this thread.

And I was told I'm jumping off the ledge, am a bammer, and went postal.

For saying:
I'm replying in this thread as I'm reading, but this is where I'm at.

No one will ever be Cam, but Nick is damn close. Crisp passer that can run it out for 10 yards if all his receivers are covered.

I don't know what some of you are seeing here to think he of all things is a problem.

And

First of all...No.

There are PLENTY of places to point fingers. Nick is the absolute last. He's the only one on the team that appears to give a single fuck at this point.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:30:03 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 08:51:29 PM »
:facepalm:

I said exactly the same thing. And it was probably the most down on the team thing that I said in this thread.

And I was told I'm jumping off the ledge, am a bammer, and went postal.

For saying:
And

That's why I asked...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
No one is saying that he is the problem or that Nick does not play hard.  I also agree that he is a big part of the reason we won games last year and this year.  He does however make us pretty much a one dimensional offense.  Nick is a hell of a runner and athlete but he is not a pure passer. Does he make some great throws yes he does but he also makes some terrible ones and misses his reads.  We dont throw a lot of slants, outs or curls there is a reason.  All of our short passes are screens and we chunk a deep ball.  I'm grateful that we have Nick but to think we are a dominant team either last year or this year is absurd.  We have a great offense and a less than average defense.  We have a team that can win against anybody but can also lose against anybody.
^^this AND that I think I can appreciate Marshall while believing that JJ brings something to the table. We shouldn't be running a loyalty rewards program. Whatever will help us win the game is what we should do. Obviously, Gus believes in sticking with Nick only.

Re: Ellis J, d cor isn't a union or government job. The world I've always worked in, numbers matter. 1st place in the sales contest is a Cadillac, 2nd is a set of steak knives and 3rd is you're  fired.

It's been 2 years and very little progress. From the looks of Athens, none.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:08:34 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
I had been wondering what our offense would look like without Duke, and I'm honestly very thankful we had him this year. Otherwise, we could've been looking at 2-3 more losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »

I said last night numerous times that nick and cap were apparently the only ones who showed up to play. Both were also getting mauled a lot due to the OL getting their shit pushed in. Nick is not The problem. Not even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE