Seven looooonnng...painful games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Basketball thread
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
Have we won a game yet? What is the record?
What can we expect for the tourney?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2015, 02:48:08 PM »
Have we won a game yet? What is the record?
What can we expect for the tourney?

We have uniforms and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »
I'm calling for an Auburn win tonight. You heard here first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »
I'm calling for an Auburn win tonight. You heard here first.

I didn't think the Equestrian season started until Spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »
I didn't think the Equestrian season started until Spring.

Yes, the swimming team is awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
Is there a tiger walk for basketball? What time does it start? Someone was telling me to go to the parking lot of Mr Friendly's on Wire Rd at 8:30 and a bus picks everyone up there. but I don't know if he knew what he was talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
Is there a tiger walk for basketball? What time does it start? Someone was telling me to go to the parking lot of Mr Friendly's on Wire Rd at 8:30 and a bus picks everyone up there. but I don't know if he knew what he was talking about.

No.  That's the place.  Everyone gets there late. Kind of a tradition.  Just hang around and folks will start showing up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
No.  That's the place.  Everyone gets there late. Kind of a tradition.  Just hang around and folks will start showing up.

whatever...Gate A.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »
I blame WT for not staying at Gate A for the Tiger Walk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:02 PM »
Jeeeeeeeeeeebuz this team is frustrating.  Lost by 12.  Got down 31-13 early.  Finally fought their way back to get it to 5-7 points a couple of times in the 2nd half.  BUT:

Way too many missed gimme' shots, like Ross-Miller's top 10 bloopers break away layup.

Way too many unforced turnovers.  Hey Bowers, you are NOT Charles Barkley.  Give it up to someone who can dribble.  I thought Pearl was going to run him out of the gym.

And most importantly...the stat of the night.  AU is BY FAR the worst free throw shooting team in the SEC.  And it cost them the game IMO.  At one point, they were 1-9 in the second half. 

Their tenacious D got them back and kept them in the game.  They absolutely get after you on D.  They could have and maybe should have beaten this team tonight.  They just beat themselves badly.

Oh...and blow that God forsaken piece of crap court to smithereens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2015, 12:48:50 AM »
Jeeeeeeeeeeebuz this team is frustrating.  Lost by 12.  Got down 31-13 early.  Finally fought their way back to get it to 5-7 points a couple of times in the 2nd half.  BUT:

Way too many missed gimme' shots, like Ross-Miller's top 10 bloopers break away layup.

Way too many unforced turnovers.  Hey Bowers, you are NOT Charles Barkley.  Give it up to someone who can dribble.  I thought Pearl was going to run him out of the gym.

And most importantly...the stat of the night.  AU is BY FAR the worst free throw shooting team in the SEC.  And it cost them the game IMO.  At one point, they were 1-9 in the second half. 

Their tenacious D got them back and kept them in the game.  They absolutely get after you on D.  They could have and maybe should have beaten this team tonight.  They just beat themselves badly.

Oh...and blow that God forsaken piece of crap court to smithereens.

Couple of other takeaways. 

1) Make a fucking free throw.  Missed six or seven straight that would have been Commode momentum killers. 

2) What the fuck with the offensive fouls?  Twice AU had momentum, the ball and a chance to make it a one-possession game.  Both times they drew offensive fouls.  The first came after they'd clawed back from 13 down (despite bricking every free throw off the garbage can on the second level hot dog stand) and trailed by five.  Drove to the basket, got a questionable charging call.  Panicked a little and before they got it back together were down by 10 again.    The second came after being down by 10 at 6:00 left and scratching back to just five behind with a minute left.  Hoop and harm called by one ref -- cutting the deficit to possibly two -- but was waved off by another who called a fucking charge.  On the next possession, Vandy scored to go back up by seven.  Pretty much over then when you're shooting 30% from the floor. 

Score said 12, but it was really a five or six point type game. 

Make a free throw.  Box a few people out and this team is going to win some games. 

BUT..

It can't shoot less than 50% from the line, less than 40% from the field and get out-rebounded by 20  -- on the road -- and expect to win. 

I will say the team I watched tonight showed me more flashes of talent and more heart than I've seen since the early Lebo years.  Yeah, it panicked a couple of times, hasn't learned how to step on an opponent's throat when things start to swing its way and doesn't quite yet know it can win any time it hits the floor.  But I could see it coming.   Will we break .500 in the SEC?  Who knows. 

I think we can easily split with Alabama.

Beating A&M twice isn't a stretch. 

We play Tennessee once, AT Tennessee and they'll want to break our dicks in half.  I'd say loss at this point.

Missouri, i don't know.  They're talking like we have no chance against them at home, but I don't believe that.  Can we beat them twice?  No.  Once maybe. 

South Carolina, I don't know.  Does Steve Spurrier still coach them? They're improved. Play them once and at home. Hard to say.  Tossup?

LSU is a much better team than a year ago.  We seem to struggle with these kittens so pretend we lose both. 

Ole Miss thinks they're hot shit after pushing Kentucky to OT.  Arkansas we only play once.  At home. We beat one of these. Maybe two. 

Mississippi State once at home.  Not impressed. Win.

Play Kentucky on the road.  One and done with the Wildcats.  Fuck. Loss.

Florida is weaker, but we play those fucks just once and of course on the road. What bullshit is this? Why do we have motherfucking road games against Florida, Vandy, Kentucky and UT from the East? Why do we play Missouri and Georgia from the East twice, but Arkansas and Ole Miss from the West just once?  Who approved this abortion of a schedule?  Seriously?

So here's my thinking.

1-1 vs. Bama
0-1 vs. Vandy
Lose to Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU twice
1-1 vs. the So. Carolina/Arkansas combo
2-0 vs. A&M
2-0 vs. the State of Mississippi
1-1 vs. Georgia
1-1 vs. Missouri (best case I guess)

That's 8-10.  Fucking gross.   

But .500 is possible.  Sneak a win vs. LSU. Beat that shitty Alabama team twice. Pull off an upset against UF, UT or hahaha UK. 

We get to .500 after the last lifetime of: 

6-12
3-15
5-11
4-12
6-10
10-6
4-12
7-9
4-12
4-12
5-11
8-8
4-12
7-9
9-7
14-2
7-9
6-10
6-10
7-9
3-13
8-8
5-11
5-13
8-10
SONNY ENDS
2-16
11-7
9-9
13-5
8-10
12-6
8-10
7-11
SONNY BEGINS

God, that's awful.

Turn that history around?  Get to .500?  Build a Pearl monument on campus.  YICH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »
Bowers is all we have down low.  Trayvon "This is his year" Reed is a tall drink of water who can create a few defensive problems occasionally but he's a complete non-factor right now.  Other than that, we have zero inside presence.  Speaking of Sir Charles earlier, I would love it if someone like that would take this guy under his wing and teach him how to be a wide body on the post.  Bowers has had some good games statistically, but last night was exhibit A on why he needs a ton of work on establishing some moves and most importantly, playing under control. 

The second he gets his hands on the ball. he's a bull in a china shop.  If he gets a defensive rebound, he takes off down court like he's Michael Jordan.  It rarely ends well.  When he gets the ball down low on offense, he turns into a wild man and bulls his way to the basket.  No go-to shot.  No patented move.  Just get the frick out of my way.  Wild and out of control.  Calm this guy down and teach him a little patience and he could be special. Right now, he's special ed.

Pearl was not happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
To me it's just fun right now watching Pearl coach these guys up.  It's nice knowing that we have a coach that knows what he's doing.  If he can't win here, it's Auburn.  I like that feeling.

Basketball seems to be more heavily influenced by recruiting than football.  Hopefully Pearl's enthusiasm, experience, and ESPN connections can land us a few big time athletes.  Get them here and we'll be tourney bound. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2015, 11:12:12 AM »
Bowers reminds me of Mike Tyson playing basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »
Yeah, we suck at free throwing, couldn't seem to get it in the hole and got few offensive rebounds. All fosho.

But, I must say I was pleased with our defensive effort and the fact that we had a chance. When we pulled within 5 at the end, take away our untimely turnover and it's down to the wire. Possibly, I mean. Vandy is the better team but we can be competitive this season.

We gotsta get better from the line. That's the biggest area we need to improve on, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
Yeah, we suck at free throwing, couldn't seem to get it in the hole and got few offensive rebounds. All fosho.

But, I must say I was pleased with our defensive effort and the fact that we had a chance. When we pulled within 5 at the end, take away our untimely turnover and it's down to the wire. Possibly, I mean. Vandy is the better team but we can be competitive this season.

We gotsta get better from the line. That's the biggest area we need to improve on, imo.

Wasn't a turnover.  It was a fuckover on a BS offensive foul. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
Wasn't a turnover.  It was a fuckover on a BS offensive foul.
turnover/fuckover = tomato/tomato. I love tomatoes by the way. Coincidentally, I love to fuck too, so, turnover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:34 PM »
We beat Mizzou tonight, 85-77!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
We beat Mizzou tonight, 85-77!

BAM! One down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions