Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Basketball thread

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Basketball thread
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2015, 03:32:01 PM »
Good things will come to Auburn basketball if this continues.

Kentucky's latest 15 minutes will end soon and the way it always ends with Cal - in NCAA flames.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »
I hope Kentucky gets bounced from the tourney early.
Likewise, for the reasons you stated plus my unparalleled disdain for Tony Barbee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »
Any chance this team makes the NIT?
Yes. There should be plenty if tickets still available.

I think we all knew what was likely to happen but I'm proud of our tourney play. Great job by players and coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »
Just watched North Carolina and ND in the ACC championship game.  This was the #19 and #11 teams. Holy shipth, we have a ways to go. Have no doubt Bruce will get us there, but damn.....

Come on Horace Spencer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »
I knew we were playing without Granger but I didn't get to watch today. Had a baseball game. So, when I look up the score after my game, I'm not surprised to see we lost by 24. But, finding out we were without Bowers surprised me in that I can't believe we kept it that close without him.

It was like they were playing prob one of the smallest teams they've played against without those 2.

I hope he didn't screw up too bad. Pearl seems to think it's minor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2015, 11:34:36 PM »
Watched the Pearl presser after the LSU game.  Said something that surprised me.  He was talking about motivating his guys and he said he told them he wanted them to believe they could beat anybody in this conference....except Kentucky.  Said we're probably the smallest team of anyone in a major D1 conference while UK is the biggest.  We played today without 6'7" Bowers and 6'8" Granger.  Not that Granger is really much of a factor as far as big men go and Bowers...well....damn.  But still, this team bought in and just playing UK that tough was something.

Help is on the way.  I'm actually pumped about next season.  If Spencer comes in and Canty is the real deal he's supposed to be....along with some really nice freshmen and the return of Attewe....Pearl may have us doing some post season shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2015, 08:27:53 AM »
Watched Michigan State Izzo their way into this thing again as they play Wisky today at 2:30.
This is the style of coaching and play that I think Pearl brings. 
Also caught the second half of Iowa State over Kansas and saw Villanova finish off Xavier.

VCU and Dayton square off today at noon. Should be a good one.
Miller brothers have their teams in it for the second year in a row (Dayton and Arizona)
The Wildcats match-up with Kentucky as well as anyone. We'll see!

Congrats to tourney bound UAB.

This:
http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/college/iowa-isu-uni-will-make-history-sunday/article_e319ba7b-5488-56ae-8616-268799888398.html
Northern Iowa is my favorite team to watch.  Just a bunch of mites that really get after it.

I don't want to see a trumped-up beauty contest in the NCAA finals between UK and either of the ACC royal families.
Fuck that!   

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:35:16 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »
I would have respect for Calipari if he could:

Win without cheating
Win without having the absolute best players in the country

I like UNC as well, but guys like Coach K and Izzo are the kind of guys that get the most out of their players and they do it with class. I know UNC and Duke get their share of talent as well but Ky is on a whole other level of talent and height.

Coach Cal is a first class douche.  I hope one of those aforementioned guys or Pitino has something for his ass soon. Bought and paid for roster of NBA players who are taller than every nba team except Portland. Congrats, you win every game. Shocker.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:52:24 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »

Win without cheating

I like UNC as well, but guys like Coach K and Izzo are the kind of guys that get the most out of their players and they do it with class. I know UNC and Duke get their share of talent as well but Ky is on a whole other level of talent and height.

Coach Cal is a first class douche.  I hope one of those aforementioned guys or Pitino has something for his ass soon. Bought and paid for roster of NBA players who are taller than every nba team except Portland. Congrats, you win every game. Shocker.
I hear you. UK is going to be the black hats regardless of who they face and maybe the only teams that could hold up to the pressure against them are a Duke or North Carolina.

Arizona can trot out some athletic bookends if they can roll through this thing.

Love to watch Kaminsky play but I don't see him running open across the lane uncontested (as he so often does) against a team that can smother him with equal size like Kentucky. Not only that, they can do it with four players with multiple fouls to give all while they dead eye you outside from 15-20+. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:20:55 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
I would have respect for Calipari SABAN if he could:

Win without cheating

Coach Cal SABAN is a first class douche.  Bought and paid for roster of NFL players who eat steroid sandwiches. Congrats, you win almost every game. Shocker.

Funny how that works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2015, 10:31:37 AM »

Win without cheating

He's Saban with a spherical ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »
He's Saban with a spherical ball.

So you are saying Saban has no balls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
So you are saying Saban has no balls?

Sure he does, but Mizz Terrah keeps 'em in her purse.  That's why he's so angry.  Like the alligator with no toothbrush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »
Sure he does, but Mizz Terrah keeps 'em in her purse.  That's why he's so angry.  Like the alligator with no toothbrush.

Mizz Terrah is the devil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »

Somethin's wrong wif dat boy's medulla oblongotta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2015, 07:55:51 PM »
Well deserved and actually a positive story from the cumzz.                                                                     http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2015/03/auburns_kt_harrell_named_to_se.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »
I knew we were playing without Granger but I didn't get to watch today. Had a baseball game. So, when I look up the score after my game, I'm not surprised to see we lost by 24. But, finding out we were without Bowers surprised me in that I can't believe we kept it that close without him.

It was like they were playing prob one of the smallest teams they've played against without those 2.

I hope he didn't screw up too bad. Pearl seems to think it's minor.

My skreets say he sold his tickets, which is a slap on the wrist kind of no no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
My skreets say he sold his tickets, which is a slap on the wrist kind of no no.

Pawwwwwl, you know'd if that Barner sold his tickets he was prolly selling some druuuugs with 'em too. Whatchu think? I'll hangupnlissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg