Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Pull for Alabama

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: I Can't Pull for Alabama
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »
:facepalm:

Spoiled whiney little bitches some of you are. 2012 is only two years removed and some of you guys forget what REALLY bad football looks like. Good grief. Just like politics, emotions drive everything now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »
Spoiled whiney little bitches some of you are. 2012 is only two years removed and some of you guys forget what REALLY bad football looks like. Good grief. Just like politics, emotions drive everything now.

Yep.

Could have been 63-21 with Auburn fans having a glimmer of hope because a short, FCS-caliber quarterback threw a shitty pass to a gangly tight end that scraggled over Texas A&M's fourth stringers for a touchdown. 

We could also instead of looking at SEC championship scenarios that are legit possibilities for us be staring at two horrific blowout shut outs against our arch-rivals. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »
Yep.

Could have been 63-21 with Auburn fans having a glimmer of hope because a short, FCS-caliber quarterback threw a shitty pass to a gangly tight end that scraggled over Texas A&M's fourth stringers for a touchdown. 

We could also instead of looking at SEC championship scenarios that are legit possibilities for us be staring at two horrific blowout shut outs against our arch-rivals.

And I'm not trying to be a homer. Far from it. Its more of an observation that we really have lost perspective on what bad is and, like Chad said, starting to eerily sound like Bammers in many ways.

As Prowler summed up nicely...we are probably just some self inflicted fuck ups against MSU and Aggy away from being undefeated. EJ is also working with less than a full deck on D and thats even when Gus is feeling kind enough to play Whitehead and Mincy full time. People can keep calling for his head all they want. Pruitt is even proving at UGA that you can't work miracles with serious personnel issues. It is what it is.

All of this said, we still have an excellent chance at having double digit wins this year. And against THAT schedule? Fuck me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
And I'm not trying to be a homer. Far from it. Its more of an observation that we really have lost perspective on what bad is and, like Chad said, starting to eerily sound like Bammers in many ways.

As Prowler summed up nicely...we are probably just some self inflicted fuck ups against MSU and Aggy away from being undefeated. EJ is also working with less than a full deck on D and thats even when Gus is feeling kind enough to play Whitehead and Mincy full time. People can keep calling for his head all they want. Pruitt is even proving at UGA that you can't work miracles with serious personnel issues. It is what it is.

All of this said, we still have an excellent chance at having double digit wins this year. And against THAT schedule? Fuck me.

We all also need to consider the injury bug.  Particularly with Lawson being out.  A Clowney-esque talent that was dominating as a freshman.  Imagine if we had him this year as a sophomore. 

But I still don't like the secondary being this bad.  We can say talent all day long, but when the same plays over and over again are going for 50+ yard touchdowns, that's a strategy issue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »
We all also need to consider the injury bug.  Particularly with Lawson being out.  A Clowney-esque talent that was dominating as a freshman.  Imagine if we had him this year as a sophomore. 

But I still don't like the secondary being this bad.  We can say talent all day long, but when the same plays over and over again are going for 50+ yard touchdowns, that's a strategy issue.

This is all I am saying. Good coaching can make up the difference in lack of our talent or their betterment of talent.  :dead: Ahead- The game in, game out missed assignments get really tiring after awhile. 

I remember 2012 and the abortion that our football team was. I see no reason not to expect wins against teams like A&M in 2014.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »
I'm with K on this. Even if all the dominoes fall our way, we do not deserve to go to Atlanta and we damn sure wouldn't win in the playoffs. I'm on the fence about our team always thinking that we will win if it's close...on one hand it's great that they never lose heart...but on the other, I need your ass to get tight thinking that we might actually lose.

I just can't put my finger on what is WRONG. I mean I see the dozens of mistakes we are making every damn game...but I am talking about Why it isn't clicking. I do not think Ellis or anyone else suddenly forgot how to fucking coach. I do not think our players give up. I just don't know what the fuck it is.

And right now, as it stands, we do not deserve to be there. We would just fuck it up.

Oh. And bring back Tracy Quinton Rocker please.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »
I'm with K on this. Even if all the dominoes fall our way, we do not deserve to go to Atlanta and we damn sure wouldn't win in the playoffs. I'm on the fence about our team always thinking that we will win if it's close...on one hand it's great that they never lose heart...but on the other, I need your ass to get tight thinking that we might actually lose.

I just can't put my finger on what is WRONG. I mean I see the dozens of mistakes we are making every damn game...but I am talking about Why it isn't clicking. I do not think Ellis or anyone else suddenly forgot how to fucking coach. I do not think our players give up. I just don't know what the fuck it is.

And right now, as it stands, we do not deserve to be there. We would just fuck it up.

Oh. And bring back Tracy Quinton Rocker please.

What is this "We don't deserve" to be there bullshit? 

Outside of Miss State, what team deserves to be there at this point?  And if they lose two games, how would that mean that we don't deserve to be there? 

Miss State beat us fairly soundly - though I still think we would have beat them on a neutral site or at home - but Texas A&M beat us because of one problem that killed us the first twenty minutes of the game.  I don't know why the fumble-itis got us at the end of the game, but we went on a 21-6 run in the 2nd half and were one yard away from it being a 28-6 run for one of the most exciting comebacks of the season. 

And wouldn't win the playoffs?  Because of Florida State (no where near the team they were last year)?  Oregon?  Hahaha.  Baylor?  What team out there scares you into thinking we couldn't win on a neutral field? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »

Outside of Miss State, what team deserves to be there at this point?  And if they lose two games, how would that mean that we don't deserve to be there? 

Miss State beat us fairly soundly - though I still think we would have beat them on a neutral site or at home - but Texas A&M beat us because of one problem that killed us the first twenty minutes of the game.  I don't know why the fumble-itis got us at the end of the game, but we went on a 21-6 run in the 2nd half and were one yard away from it being a 28-6 run for one of the most exciting comebacks of the season. 

And wouldn't win the playoffs?  Because of Florida State (no where near the team they were last year)?  Oregon?  Hahaha.  Baylor?  What team out there scares you into thinking we couldn't win on a neutral field?

Seeing as how aTm just beat us at HOME, I'm not sure we could beat any of those on a neutral site.

Some of y'all can try to justify our issues as much as you can, but in the end, we still have some serious issues on this team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Its pretty clear the staff is good with any kind of win. As a fan I'm not so comfortable with that but then my job doesn't depend on a W. So let's not be critical because they are doing the best they can people. Stop it with the lofty aspirations... and death to jmar!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »
Its pretty clear the staff is good with any kind of win. As a fan I'm not so comfortable with that but then my job doesn't depend on a W. So let's not be critical because they are doing the best they can people. Stop it with the lofty aspirations... and death to jmar!
I don't think we'll have a consensus on this, except of course the death to jmar part. On everything else there are likely varying opinions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
I don't think we'll have a consensus on this, except of course the death to jmar part. On everything else there are likely varying opinions.
Yeah I'm not much of a rah rah type. I can revel in victory but I fail as a cheerleader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 02:32:20 PM »

Agreed.

But I do think that TCU and Bayor are pretty fucking good. Personally, I think TCU could score 70 on us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

Us.  Sorry, but as inconsistent as we are on defensive you just don't know which team is going to show up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
Yeah I'm not much of a rah rah type. I can revel in victory but I fail as a cheerleader.
Don't beat yourself up jmar. You are a failure at much more than just cheerleading, I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »
I don't think anyone is appreciating how unlikely last year's run was.  This is only Gus's 2nd year and we're way ahead of schedule.

Simmahdonna.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
I don't think anyone is appreciating how unlikely last year's run was.  This is only Gus's 2nd year and we're way ahead of schedule.

Simmahdonna.
Once we get this defense built the skies the limit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
Everyone that's saying that Auburn doesn't deserve going to the SEC Championship Game...

Raise your hand if you'd be happy if Auburn went to the SEC Championship Game and won.
My hand is raised...both of them actually...as I'm praising the Lord for the miracle he gave us lowly fans.

Raise your hand or hands if you'd be happy to see Auburn in the Championship Playoff.
My hands are still raised from the first statement.

Do I think it's possible? Yes. Probable? No to both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Everyone that's saying that Auburn doesn't deserve going to the SEC Championship Game...

Raise your hand if you'd be happy if Auburn went to the SEC Championship Game and won.
My hand is raised...both of them actually...as I'm praising the Lord for the miracle he gave us lowly fans.

Raise your hand or hands if you'd be happy to see Auburn in the Championship Playoff.

I thought you were an atheist.
Yes, I'm thankfull to God for the miraculous turnaround from 2012. Thank you Lord for bringing Gus home.

But how many national chpionships could we have won with a decent tackling defense? The answer is 2. If we don't develop more pass rush from the front 4 and improve tackling in the back these remaining games, I'm praying for new defensive coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

:meme: :meme:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
I am not going to pull for Alabama, but I am not going to be upset if they win. If both Auburn and Alabama win, November 29th decides who goes to the SEC Championship game.

Because CBS picked up the Egg Bowl, we will know early into the Iron Bowl if the winner goes to Atlanta.

Fuck all of you saying you don't want to go or that we don't deserve to go. That is the most assinine thing I have read. If Auburn beat UGA and Alabama at home, and wins the SEC, y'all can kiss my ass if you don't want Auburn to be a part of the playoffs.

That's the dumbest shit I have read on here. And with a site that has some of the posters the X has, that is saying a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions