Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Game Over, Man

jmar

Re: Thoughts - Week Game Over, Man
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 12:01:06 PM »
Johnson is one of the best 2nd half defensive coordinators in the country. Malzahn just needs to hire another good d cor to coach the first half. But srsly, it isn't Ellis Johnson's fault that we ran out of luck.

Some of you need to turn that frown upside down. The Duck Commander Independence Bowl is still within reach. Shreveport is nice in January.

Thanks guys. I will be here in and out, all day.
And since these discussions never go anywhere, put me down for Jon Gruden. He needs to start earning an honest living again as intended instead of running that mouth as an NFL analyst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
And since these discussions never go anywhere, put me down for Jon Gruden. He needs to start earning an honest living again as intended instead of running that mouth as an NFL analyst.
So we are gonna have an offensive guy run the defense? Interesting...it...might...just....work...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
So we are gonna have an offensive guy run the defense? Interesting...it...might...just....work...

Meh, just let Lash and Craig run the O and let Gus invent the HUNH defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2014, 12:06:53 PM »
Okay give me Gruden's sister then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 12:20:45 PM »
What ever became of that nice Cajun gentleman that did the Hummer commercials?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
What's the one play that decided the game? I'm going with the blocked field goal. 10 pt swing right there, considering I think we woulda made it.

Pisses me off that Cap got that fumble back but the replay asshole is apparently anti Auburn. Targeting and that ruling were terrible imo.

I don't think we deserved to win but we didn't deserve those terrible calls to diminish our chances either.

Not that it matters but after getting shafted on every single review and realizing that that damn fresh QB appears to be the absolute real deal--shit just happened. It doesn't make me feel good about knowing that our defense isn't really any better than last year. I don' t think we belong in the playoff but who else will belong?

We are capable of beating any team in the country and capable of losing to most. It goes back to what a lot of people on here said pre season, if the defense is just a little better, we can win it all. It isn't any better but our offense is.

I'm not pipe dreaming about the playoff anymore. If we get the mojo back, fine. I just want to beat the hell out of Georgia and then Alabammer. That's enough for me to be happy again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
Have never seen a pileup for a loose ball where the last man coming from the pile with the football wasn't awarded the ball...unless the play had been blown dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 01:06:14 PM »
Have never seen a pileup for a loose ball where the last man coming from the pile with the football wasn't awarded the ball...unless the play had been blown dead.
Normally though their isn't clear cut video evidence.  That was pretty clear CAP had the ball and was down. 

But it matters not, we shouldn't have let the refs decide the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »
Stronger rumor is that he threw punches at a coach but who knows.

Did he aim for the ankles or just miss all together?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
Normally though their isn't clear cut video evidence.  That was pretty clear CAP had the ball and was down. 

But it matters not, we shouldn't have let the refs decide the game.

But it's still infuriating.  I keep trying to tell myself to just forget it.  But this image:

It kills me. 

Notice how in the gif, you can see CAP fall on top of the ball while #95 is still falling to his knees.  Then while the refs are doing their typical "I can't really see who has it but let's allow these guys to beat the fuck out of each other under the pile" routine, #95 while on his fucking feet reaches in to take the ball out.

I think there was enough video evidence to overturn the call, but I think refs do give the players some time to fight each other under a pile to see who comes up with it.  Football's version of a rugby scrum. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
But it's still infuriating.  I keep trying to tell myself to just forget it. 

No doubt my brother.  If you really want to throw yourself into a tizzy go back and watch the Dismukes fumble.  We had multiple guys moving when he snapped the ball, it should have been false start, 5 yards we get the ball. 

Again coulda, shoulda, woulda...can't let the refs decide the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »
No doubt my brother.  If you really want to throw yourself into a tizzy go back and watch the Dismukes fumble.  We had multiple guys moving when he snapped the ball, it should have been false start, 5 yards we get the ball. 

Again coulda, shoulda, woulda...can't let the refs decide the game.

Saw where Lashlee defended Dismukes taking the blame. Last minute audible and I guess Dismukes didnt hear it and was on the old snap count. Rare thing for him for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »

The pattern I see here is guys who have been doing this for a while and not changing with the game. We need young new innovative coaching blood on the defensive side.
Manny Diaz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
Manny Diaz?
Yeah he played CF for the Phillies. Doubles hitter, good speed, covered a lot of ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »
Yeah he played CF for the Phillies. Doubles hitter, good speed, covered a lot of ground.

That'll change it up for sure!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."