Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

School's Out Saturday...11.8.14 Games Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: School's Out Saturday...11.8.14 Games Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »

My biggest WTF of the game, a 18 year old true freshman and we don't do anything to try and rattle him. One of the poorest game schemes I have seen in a while from CJE and he has had many.

No Lawson, No Ford. Its pretty simple really.

I disagree that the scheme was bad. Our guys were in position to make plays all night. We whiffed on most of them. We have NO DE's that can penetrate reguarly. NONE. To get pressure we have to bring heat via Garret, Therezie, Frost, Mincy, etc. Especially against a team like A&M who has some studs on the OL. And yes, their OL is one of the better ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
I understand the argument that we don't have the most talented players on d. I get that. We still have some pretty highly recruited guys that don't appear to be living up to their potential. I don't get that.

I also don't get the apparent blown coverage in the first half, the poor tackling by the db's and the continued lack of pass rush from the d line.

I really thought that the d was getting a little better after the first few games. Now, I only think that we are better at LB. We are regressing as a unit. We are worse at DL this year and that's mostly because of losing Lawson and Ford but damn. Can't some of those biguns step up? They weren't no names coming out of hs. We're talking some elite recruits up there.

And I don't even want to talk about the tackling and pass coverage coming from the db's. It's hit and miss. I'm so sick of the torpedo attempted tackles that it makes me want throw rocks at them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2014, 12:07:38 PM »
I understand the argument that we don't have the most talented players on d. I get that. We still have some pretty highly recruited guys that don't appear to be living up to their potential. I don't get that.

I also don't get the apparent blown coverage in the first half, the poor tackling by the db's and the continued lack of pass rush from the d line.

I really thought that the d was getting a little better after the first few games. Now, I only think that we are better at LB. We are regressing as a unit. We are worse at DL this year and that's mostly because of losing Lawson and Ford but damn. Can't some of those biguns step up? They weren't no names coming out of hs. We're talking some elite recruits up there.

And I don't even want to talk about the tackling and pass coverage coming from the db's. It's hit and miss. I'm so sick of the torpedo attempted tackles that it makes me want throw rocks at them.

Don't forget the ankle diving too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2014, 12:26:09 PM »
So it's settled then. We lack talent?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
So it's settled then. We lack talent?

Yes.  Unless we don't, and the problem is coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
Yes.  Unless we don't, and the problem is coaching.

So what you are sayin' is the problem would be coaching if talent isn't the issue.  Unless we don't.

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »
So what you are sayin' is the problem would be coaching if talent isn't the issue.  Unless we don't.

Got it.

2:30
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 03:55:07 PM »
2:30
I lacked both coaching and talent so we might have a chance yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
I'm still waiting on the "experts" to crow about how lucky aTm was, because if Auburn had won the game like aTm did, that's exactly what they would say...block FG returned for a TD? Luck. Opponent fumbled inside the 3 yd line for the game winning score (I say game winning score, because that's exactly what they would've called it eventhough there was over a minute left to play)? Luck. Opponent fumbled on the possible game winning drive? Luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
I'm still waiting on the "experts" to crow about how lucky aTm was, because if Auburn had won the game like aTm did, that's exactly what they would say...block FG returned for a TD? Luck. Opponent fumbled inside the 3 yd line for the game winning score (I say game winning score, because that's exactly what they would've called it eventhough there was over a minute left to play)? Luck. Opponent fumbled on the possible game winning drive? Luck.
I still liken some of our wins from 2010 to that loss Saturday. We were 24 point favorites against a first-time freshman starter and they hit us in the mouth. We got beat up front on both sides, their WRs blocked like ours usually do... our LBs got pushed around. THEY ACTUALLY HAD SECOND LEVEL BLOCKING when they barely had first level through the previous games. Hell I was expecting to see JJ and I think he was thinking the same. Even our special teams sucked-shame on us!

My guess is we regroup and bring the physicality to Athens. Too many Georgians and hurt feelings on this team to get steamrolled by UGA.

Our pass defense never scared anybody but Auburn fans anyway. We don't really play defense but a quarter or two. Might get a pick or a strip and that generally is enough if our offense is clicking.
Our calling card is offense with spotty defense.
That hasn't changed.

We don't play well with others and the Bammers can crow all they want but they can't be looking forward to facing Auburn in Tuscaloosa with so much on the line, not like they pretend.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2014, 08:40:06 AM »
I still liken some of our wins from 2010 to that loss Saturday. We were 24 point favorites against a first-time freshman starter and they hit us in the mouth. We got beat up front on both sides, their WRs blocked like ours usually do... our LBs got pushed around. THEY ACTUALLY HAD SECOND LEVEL BLOCKING when they barely had first level through the previous games. Hell I was expecting to see JJ and I think he was thinking the same. Even our special teams sucked-shame on us!

My guess is we regroup and1. bring the physicality to Athens. Too many Georgians and hurt feelings on this team to get steamrolled by UGA.

Our pass defense never scared anybody but Auburn fans anyway. We don't really play defense but a quarter or two. Might get a pick or a strip and that generally is enough if our offense is clicking.
That hasn't changed.

We don't play well with others and the Bammers can crow all they want but they2. can't be looking forward to facing Auburn in Tuscaloosa with so much on the line, not like they pretend.

1. Hope you're right, on the offense I am sure we will, maybe even throw in a few new wrinkles. I just don't see where the defense is going to be any different or any better.
2. I get the feeling they are foaming at the mouth. (see above last sentence)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
I get the feeling they are foaming at the mouth. (see above last sentence)

While this is a normal, everyday occurrence in Tuscaloosa you are correct in that they collectively cannot wait to unleash a year's worth of pent up frustration on us.  They expect Cooper to have a 350-yard day and to lay 70 or more on us. 

Sadly, neither are out of the realm of possibility. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2014, 09:35:46 AM »
I would be more concerned that Sims is able to convert with his legs to keep drives alive. Cooper is very good but it seems DeAndrew White is the true go to guy when they really need it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
I would be more concerned that Sims is able to convert with his legs to keep drives alive. Cooper is very good but it seems DeAndrew White is the true go to guy when they really need it.

If only you focused on their weaknesses and inept qualities like you do ours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
While this is a normal, everyday occurrence in Tuscaloosa you are correct in that they collectively cannot wait to unleash a year's worth of pent up frustration on us.  They expect Cooper to have a 350-yard day and to lay 70 or more on us. 

Sadly, neither are out of the realm of possibility.

If we shoot ourselves in the foot early I see a 2008 or 2012 type game except we score but it is really never close.   :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »

My guess is we regroup and bring the physicality to Athens. Too many Georgians and hurt feelings on this team to get steamrolled by UGA.

That hasn't changed.

We don't play well with others and the Bammers can crow all they want but they can't be looking forward to facing Auburn in Tuscaloosa with so much on the line, not like they pretend.

^^^This is pretty much what I was going to say, except I was obviously going to use bigger words and convey my thoughts in a highly educated manner. This is rudimentary but probably more on the reading level of most on here, so good job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
If only you focused on their weaknesses and inept qualities like you do ours.
Yeah it's a guilt thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »

If we shoot ourselves in the foot early I see a 2008 or 2012 type game except we score but it is really never close.   :facepalm: :facepalm:

So, I'm really not sure why you and jmar even continue to watch. You guys are bound and determined to gloom and doom us into the ground by sheer will and depression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2014, 12:03:08 PM »
So, I'm really not sure why you and jmar even continue to watch. You guys are bound and determined to gloom and doom us into the ground by sheer will and depression.
Look I'm not sure what his excuse is but I got it from being a cradle Catholic. I can spot some fucking fault. So we got purgatory instead of the playoffs. It's all about redemption now brother. And I'm feeling charitable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
They are both a couple of N words. The both of them. Nstigators.

Now, me, on the other hand. I had much rather go peacefully in my sleep like my Uncle Frank than yelling and crying, "Wake up Frank, you're off the damn road again!" like my Aunt Margaret.

I think we're all in this thing together and have the same goal in mind, to fire Ellis Johnson. Right?

Actually, all I want is for Johnson and all of the defensive coaches to treat these last two SEC games like they're coaching for their life. Or, at least their jobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions