Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Almost Half way

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Almost Half way
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »
Here is what you need to keep in mind:
1. Those clamoring for JJ to start at QB need to take a hike up Brokeback Mountain trail. Yes, the Bengal tigers are paper tigers but Nick was like scissors.
2. We started our coming out party the 2nd half of LSU last season. We started 1/2 earlier this season.
3. Sammy Coates jumps like a white man.
4. It's a great time to love AU foosball.
5. Our schedule appears to get more difficult every week. I never would've thought that the Miss schools would likely be the toughest teams that we'd face in the west this year.
6. I realize that TAMU will be a tough test and they will likely air it out against us but if those pansies push us around, I'm going to be really disappointed. They are a bunch of panty wearing homos. And the cheerleaders are all boys.
7. We need a countdown clock to mark the Saban/Kiffin annulment. I predict post Iron Bowl, before their bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Almost Half way
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
1. Correct.  JJ is gonna have a lot of time in the sun....this year ain't it though.
2. Agreed
3. He may jump like Woody Harrelson but he smacks mother fuckers around like Woody Hayes.
4. Any time is a great time to love AU football
5. As difficult as our schedule looks after looking at it this morning, it is not nearly as daunting after seeing everyone else play this weekend.  We can completely run the table.  Not sure we will but we CERTAINLY can.
6.They molest collies.
7. The annulment will have to happen in one of those states that recognize that type of relationship. I would suspect the weekend of November 1st since that is their bi week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:37:28 AM »
Brokeback Mountain is overrated.  I mean, there were some good times. I'm not saying that....wait, I mean that Marshall boy is good.

Yes, I was clamoring.  Nick Marshall hasn't looked good all year.  Saturday, it all clicked.  I don't know if the line finally picked it up.  Don't know if the light came back on with his reads.  Don't know if LSU is just that shitty.  But that looked like Nick Marshall at peak form from 2013.  On target with his throws and for the first time this year, his deep throws were catchable and not 5 yards out of reach.  That's the Nick Marshall the coaches told us about all off season.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
It may have been GH, not sure, that pointed this out but the current lineup for the OL seems to be the niche. This in of itself has proven to open up the offense.

Oh, and the defense. I say again, this is the best AU defense I have seen in like 5 years or so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »
1. Correct.  JJ is gonna have a lot of time in the sun....this year ain't it though.
2. Agreed
3. He may jump like Woody Harrelson but he smacks mother fudgeers around like Woody Hayes.
4. Any time is a great time to love AU football
5. As difficult as our schedule looks after looking at it this morning, it is not nearly as daunting after seeing everyone else play this weekend.  We can completely run the table.  Not sure we will but we CERTAINLY can.
6.They molest collies.
7. The annulment will have to happen in one of those states that recognize that type of relationship. I would suspect the weekend of November 1st since that is their bi week.
A point of clarification regarding number 4. All of my colleagues points are correct and well taken. My reasoning for specifically calling this period on the Gus Bus specifically a "great time" maybe even likened to the "age of enlightenment"--is that I can remember being picked on and made fun of for wearing my Auburn football belt during the Doug Barfield era by a group of boys who would today be classified as Updykes.

They put a dent in my Speed Buggy lunch box.

Although I was much more athletic, cool and better looking than any one individual in the group, they had me far outnumbered.

It was just harder being an AU man in the mid to late 70's and I think it helps me appreciate today more. I can remember having a difficult time getting enough players on the Auburn side of an Auburn and Alabama football game on the playground. And it was tackle back in those days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »
You love the two hand touch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:56:28 AM »
Nick Marshall hasn't looked good all year.  Saturday, it all clicked.   

Gonna disagree a bit.  He was much better, but I wouldn't say that was any where near a flawless performance

Coates had a huge catch for a td...but he was covered and any decent DB swats that ball away. 

Duke Williams was open for a huge touchdown but instead had to provide us with a nice highlight because the ball was overthrown.

Another Coates highlight was a catch and run that resulted because Marshall left the pocket too early and then luckily had time to find an open receiver.  Good play, but it wasn't like went through his reads to make a timely throw. 

Marshall was on fire with his legs, but I thought his passing was just a bit better than it has been.  The ball just bounced our way instead of falling to the ground. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
Brokeback Mountain is overrated.  I mean, there were some good times. I'm not saying that....wait, I mean that Marshall boy is good.

Yes, I was clamoring.  Nick Marshall hasn't looked good all year.  Saturday, it all clicked.  I don't know if the line finally picked it up.  Don't know if the light came back on with his reads.  Don't know if LSU is just that shootty.  But that looked like Nick Marshall at peak form from 2013.  On target with his throws and for the first time this year, his deep throws were catchable and not 5 yards out of reach.  That's the Nick Marshall the coaches told us about all off season.
See, this is the reason that I truly believe that you should be limited in the by laws to evaluating long snappers.

His passing has been improved all season. Not great, by any stretch, but better than early or late last season, imo. He's had his share of overthrows but I think they were at least closer this year than last. And with more touch. There have also been quite a few drops in key situations that could've helped his numbers out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
A point of clarification regarding number 4. All of my colleagues points are correct and well taken. My reasoning for specifically calling this period on the Gus Bus specifically a "great time" maybe even likened to the "age of enlightenment"--is that I can remember being picked on and made fun of for wearing my Auburn football belt during the Doug Barfield era by a group of boys who would today be classified as Updykes.

They put a dent in my Speed Buggy lunch box.

Although I was much more athletic, cool and better looking than any one individual in the group, they had me far outnumbered.

It was just harder being an AU man in the mid to late 70's and I think it helps me appreciate today more. I can remember having a difficult time getting enough players on the Auburn side of an Auburn and Alabama football game on the playground. And it was tackle back in those days.

A clarification of your clarification.  In no way was I trying to lessen the gravity of what you had to endure during the Barfield years.  I too had a plethora of Updykes attempt to wreak havoc upon me.  Luckily I had broad shoulders and could weather that storm.
I certainly did not mean to imply that your were some Johnny come lately to the party like a Chad who has only known the really good times with a couple of lowpoint seasons thrown in for flavor.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:24:22 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
A clarification of your clarification.  In no way was I trying to lessen the gravity of what you had to endure during the Barfield years.  I too was had a plethora of Updykes attempt to wreak havoc upon me.  Luckily I had broad shoulders and could weather that storm.
I certainly did not mean to imply that your were some Johnny come lately to the party like a Chad who has only known the really good times with a couple of lowpoint seasons thrown in for flavor.

Let me clarify what you just clarified.  My career at Auburn was outhouse to penthouse.  In my freshman year, I recall taking a nap in the end zone seats while Doug Barfield shit the bed with the Tigers.  I could stretch out and get some decent rack time because I was one of 27 total people in the end zone.  During my last semester up there, I sat in a packed Sugar Bowl in New Orleans watching Pat Dye finish off what should have been a MNC season.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
Oh, and no Updykes said anything to me because I was always bigger than they were and I normally was the one taking their lunch money and denting their Speed Buggy lunch boxes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
Oh, and no Updykes said anything to me because I was always bigger than they were and I normally was the one taking their lunch money and denting their Speed Buggy lunch boxes.

Seems like I have heard that M.O. before....

I just found the mutherfuckin' mole!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »
Being born a couple weeks before Bo went over the top has been pretty great. Not gonna lie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »
Apparently, you think it comical that my lunch box was damaged. Let me be clear, that I could take care of myself back then as I can now. It just took a lot more for me to get to the point of whipping a man's ass back then. Now, not so much. I'll whip a man's ass pretty quick these days. And I really don't think the comments about my lunch box were funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
Gonna disagree a bit.  He was much better, but I wouldn't say that was any where near a flawless performance

Coates had a huge catch for a td...but he was covered and any decent DB swats that ball away. 

Duke Williams was open for a huge touchdown but instead had to provide us with a nice highlight because the ball was overthrown.

Another Coates highlight was a catch and run that resulted because Marshall left the pocket too early and then luckily had time to find an open receiver.  Good play, but it wasn't like went through his reads to make a timely throw. 

Marshall was on fire with his legs, but I thought his passing was just a bit better than it has been.  The ball just bounced our way instead of falling to the ground.

Correct. He was bailed out a couple of times by hungry WRs.

I said it a hunnert times, if Nick runs, we win. He still missed two reads the first series after the half. Handed the ball off twice into a hoard when he could have kept it and made out like a bandit. I'm beginning to thin that he is being told NOT to run it as much in certain situations. Like when we are up 31-7. But that first possession after the half could have put the last nail in early.

I am still clamouring for JJ. The same as I have all season. For him to get a meningful series or two. Never thought the should start if NM was able to run.  Anybody who thins he does not need a series or two is clueless as to what that would do to a defense. The threat of the dig route will back up a defense and open holes.

NM threw one dig route the whole game. A nice strike to Sammie. That route is open a lot and is devastating with guys like Sammie and Duke.

The key in the LSU game was NM's running. When he runs strong and with purpose, we click as a team.
Iknow its dangerous, but that is his game. Not passing. Has the passing been better? Maybe. But nothing like was expected after a full off-season.

But as most note, we are starting to peak at the right time. CAP is running strong. The line is getting off stronger at times. Passes are being caught. So all in all, we are looking good.

i still hold my breath when NM throws. I would love to get rid of that feeling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »
Don't hold your breath on this one.

The o line changes may have helped us a lot but I don't think there is any doubt that we played a less than stellar LSU D.

The coaches encouraging Nick to make plays may be a big thing too. We looked less scripted. His toss to Sammy across the middle while rolling out was a thing of beauty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 11:52:50 AM »
Correct. He was bailed out a couple of times by hungry WRs.

I said it a hunnert times, if Nick runs, we win. He still missed two reads the first series after the half. Handed the ball off twice into a hoard when he could have kept it and made out like a bandit. I'm beginning to thin that he is being told NOT to run it as much in certain situations. Like when we are up 31-7. But that first possession after the half could have put the last nail in early.

I am still clamouring for JJ. The same as I have all season. For him to get a meningful series or two. Never thought the should start if NM was able to run.  Anybody who thins he does not need a series or two is clueless as to what that would do to a defense. The threat of the dig route will back up a defense and open holes.

NM threw one dig route the whole game. A nice strike to Sammie. That route is open a lot and is devastating with guys like Sammie and Duke.

The key in the LSU game was NM's running. When he runs strong and with purpose, we click as a team.
Iknow its dangerous, but that is his game. Not passing. Has the passing been better? Maybe. But nothing like was expected after a full off-season.

But as most note, we are starting to peak at the right time. CAP is running strong. The line is getting off stronger at times. Passes are being caught. So all in all, we are looking good.

If only Gus knew how to coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
If only Gus knew how to coach.
Maybe Gus doesn't know what inserting JJ into a meaningful series would do to opposing defenses. Or, know what a dig route is. Someone should inform him, just in case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »
Hate to say it but our line looks so much better with out Pat Miller in the line-up
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:15:26 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »
Maybe Gus doesn't know what inserting JJ into a meaningful series would do to opposing defenses. Or, know what a dig route is. Someone should inform him, just in case.

If only Gus knew formations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE