Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Almost Half way

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Almost Half way
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »
Hat to say it but our line looks so much better with out Pat Miller in the line-up

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
If only Gus knew how to coach.

There might be limitations as to what the person he is coaching is capable of.

I don't care how good Gus is, he still couldn't get one of you guys to throw a crossing route if you have a hard time getting up and over the OL and LBs. (and the fact that half of you never could throw)

It's probably not a coaching issue.

That being said, you have a guy who can do these things. Give him a series or two to shake things up.

Or you could just drop to your knees and in Gus you trust.

Dumbest damn analytical statement ever made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »
That being said, you have a guy who can do these things. Give him a series or two to shake things up.

Or you could just drop to your knees and in Gus you trust.

Dumbest damn analytical statement ever made.

I think I 'll drop to my knees.  Seeing as how you have coached Auburn 0 times and Gus took us to the NC twice with his coaching. but that's just me, what do I know?

;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 12:47:22 PM »
I think I 'll drop to my knees.  Seeing as how you have coached Auburn 0 times and Gus took us to the NC twice with his coaching. but that's just me, what do I know?

;)

Then don't join in any analytical discussions. If all you are gonna do is slob Gus' knob, then why have a board to discuss AU football?

Go back over the the nation, they love goody goodness.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
Then don't join in any analytical discussions. If all you are gonna do is slob Gus' knob, then why have a board to discuss AU football?

I think there is about to be a spike in warn meters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »

;)

You're a big stupid head. 

So hard to say.  When you have a back up QB that could/would start for anybody in the country and not just be good enough to start....but kick a$$, it's natural to want to see what he could do.  I'd like to get him a series or two just to keep him sharp while the game is in doubt.  I know you don't mess with the flow of the game just to get a guy some PT.  Just wish there was a way.  Really looking forward to see him take over next year.  Oh and don't forget Sean White next year either.  Think Aaron Murray clone.  Boy throws a purty pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

I never said we couldn't discuss, I'm just siding with the guy that gets us to the promised land. 

You only gave me 2 options.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »
In all seriousness I actually think we should have started Jeremy in the second half.  I also would have liked to see Babar and Roc tote the ball more.

Like another great mind on this board, I am slightly concerned about our lack of production on 1st down.  2 yards on first isn't helping us much.   We seemed to ride CAP a lot (which is fine he did well) but we do have 3 other backs.  $2 to AUJarhead
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »
In all seriousness I actually think we should have started Jeremy in the second half.  I also would have liked to see Babar and Roc tote the ball more.

Like another great mind on this board, I am slightly concerned about our lack of production on 1st down.  2 yards on first isn't helping us much.   We seemed to ride CAP a lot (which is fine he did well) but we do have 3 other backs.  $2 to AUJarhead

Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »

Is that Babar with two B's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »
Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?
I don't know, I don't have any.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »
Is that Babar with two B's?
One B-A-B-A-R
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »
It's not uncommon to want to see the back up qb.  Especially if you likely have the best back up qb in the nation. Here is my thing on the idea of putting JJ in to loosen up the d, since they like to stack it with Nick in. Sounds like a great theory and it may work. But, just because JJ is inserted doesn't mean that we will throw at will. They will make adjustments and then make us run the ball. That's the great thing about the zone read and having a triple threat. With JJ, we still have a triple threat but his forte is obviously throwing--at least we think.

Can it hurt? Well, yeah it can hurt in a big game. Mess with our mojo. Upset our flow. Dance with who brung us and have him ready for times when Nick just can't get it done for whatever reason.

Would def have loved to see JJ get the series that we scored our last TD. I wonder why we didn't see him but I'm sure there is a legit reason.

It makes for good fodder but I'll stick with one of the best offensive minds in the game to make the decision. Even though I have, by far, the best football mind on here, I'm not worthy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 01:43:05 PM »

I said it a hunnert times, if Nick runs, we win. He still missed two reads the first series after the half. Handed the ball off twice into a hoard when he could have kept it and made out like a bandit. I'm beginning to thin that he is being told NOT to run it as much in certain situations. Like when we are up 31-7. But that first possession after the half could have put the last nail in early.

You fucking think???

If this game didn't show you guys what I have been saying the past couple of weeks nothing will...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »

The Nation tries to sell you a shit pie as chocolate.

What we have is already chocolate. And were just stating as much. Its not like were trying to sell a 7 win team as a NC contender.

The man is 17-2 as our HC (in the mighty West), :13 from a natty the first year and was unstoppable as an OC in 2010 with the right players. Give the guy some credit. We have no idea what he is thinking. Maybe he is planning on using JJ some. Maybe he likes when NM gets in a rhythm and doesnt wanna screw with the mojo, or knows NM is improving in practice and the passing is and will continue to get better and has confidence. Maybe he knows if NM runs it too much this early he is gonna get mauled before the end of the season (bad memories from Aggy 2013)....Who knows.

I just know from the last 2-3 games to this one Saturday, we looked leaps and bounds better. The season is 12 games...no need in blowing our load early or acting like one week is the end all be all. Just chugging along, keep getting better.

If we were getting blown out and Gus had an average track record, I'd be there with you. But seriously 40+ per game, giving up 12 per game. 17-2. The man has SEC and NC Rings. I'm not going to question the dude at this point.

Your contribution thus far has been "Marshall aint cuttin it! Put JJ In. Gus doesn't know what he is doing with the QBs."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:13 PM »
1. Correct.  JJ is gonna have a lot of time in the sun....this year ain't it though.
2. Agreed
3. He may jump like Woody Harrelson but he smacks mother fuckers around like Woody Hayes.
4. Any time is a great time to love AU football
5. As difficult as our schedule looks after looking at it this morning, it is not nearly as daunting after seeing everyone else play this weekend.  We can completely run the table.  Not sure we will but we CERTAINLY can.
6.They molest collies.
7. The annulment will have to happen in one of those states that recognize that type of relationship. I would suspect the weekend of November 1st since that is their bi week.
Any time is Tiger Time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 02:04:24 PM »
Beating the everloving fuck out of LSU 41-7, something we haven't done since the 90's, is good enough for me to not question Gus at all with what we're doing with our quarterbacks.

We've got a Heisman contender, maybe even frontrunner. No need to muddle the water with Johnson against quality opponents just cuz.

Us having the best backup QB in the country means that next year is going to be awesome. It means we don't have to worry too much about Nick getting hurt. It does not mean there is a QB controversy.

Drawing up a few packages here and there to mix things up if we're down, or maybe even if it's just close? I'm not violently opposed to that, but I'll defer to Gus and his opinion on how that would interfere or contribute to the flow of the offense.

As the cliche goes, when you have two quarterbacks, you actually have none.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
I don't know, I don't have any.
Children?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 02:08:28 PM »
You know, this conversation about NM and JJ has me grinning. I can't ever remember when Auburn was sitting so pretty at the QB position. I mean, here we are going back and forth about the starting QB which is a Heisman candidate and the backup QB who would be starting on any other team. That is the shiznit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions