Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rascally Auburn and Their Signal Stealing

Re: Rascally Auburn and Their Signal Stealing
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
I would like to know when "stealing signals" became some unwritten rule that says it is a no-no? Most coaches I know would never waste time trying to purposely steal signals, but every coach will take advantage of figuring out the oppositions signals, usually due to predictable play-calling. If they didn't, then they would not be doing their job. Snyder's and Fisher's accusations are very hypocritical, knowing full well that as long as they have been coaching, they have done the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
In a day and age where the Power 5 is getting more autonomy, is there any reason why teams can't use the speakers in helmets like the NFL does?  That would really eliminate this "they stole our signals" bullshit.  I mean, if you regulate it like the NFL does, what's the argument against it?

Dang, you act like there's a ton of revenue in college football.  Those things cost money and these teams are working off very tight budgets. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
In a day and age where the Power 5 is getting more autonomy, is there any reason why teams can't use the speakers in helmets like the NFL does?  That would really eliminate this "they stole our signals" bullshoot.  I mean, if you regulate it like the NFL does, what's the argument against it?
I believe that it's part of the game. I mean, yeah, the runner on second isn't supposed to signal to the batter when he's getting a fastball but it's up to the catcher to cover his sign too.

It's a bullshit argument to use the "they were stealing our signals" argument. Wasn't it the 2010 Iron Bowl when it was pretty evident that Bama had our stuff? You heard bits and pieces but look at the 1st half vs 2nd half, after Gus changed stuff up. I don't blame Saban or Bama. It was up to Gus to make sure they didn't know what play we were running.

If they had sent a spy or tapped our headsets, that's different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »
A bunch of crybaby bitches. I see a Fisher/Snyder meme coming soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
In a day and age where the Power 5 is getting more autonomy, is there any reason why teams can't use the speakers in helmets like the NFL does?  That would really eliminate this "they stole our signals" bullshit.  I mean, if you regulate it like the NFL does, what's the argument against it?

I've thought the same thing. Would this be against some bullshit NCAA rule? Its not like the Power 5 gives too shits about the NCAA anyway. Hell, your boys in Ttown be having the hook-up on suites and chargers. We just place suitcases full of money in undisclosed places.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »
We just place suitcases full of money in undisclosed places.

Yeah, ever since Colonial Bank went under...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »
I believe that it's part of the game. I mean, yeah, the runner on second isn't supposed to signal to the batter when he's getting a fastball but it's up to the catcher to cover his sign too.

It's a bullshit argument to use the "they were stealing our signals" argument. Wasn't it the 2010 Iron Bowl when it was pretty evident that Bama had our stuff? You heard bits and pieces but look at the 1st half vs 2nd half, after Gus changed stuff up. I don't blame Saban or Bama. It was up to Gus to make sure they didn't know what play we were running.

If they had sent a spy or tapped our headsets, that's different.
Just like the runner at 2nd base "unwritten rule", I don't know anybody that goes by it at the high school level I coach. We see it all the time. That is why we have a different way of calling pitches when somebody is on 2nd base. Just like if we figure out the opposition coach's pitching signs to the catcher, you bet we are going to come up with a verbal signal to tip off our batters. Don't want that to happen? Then make sure your signs are good enough to not be so easily figured out. Unlike my volunteer coaching days,  I have learned that when you are paid to coach and your job depends on winning, I will look for and take any "within the rules" advantage that I can.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:18:37 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 04:34:42 PM »
File a protest or shut it.
We have protocol mister.
Don't make me explain this again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
What's so stupid is that Auburn, K State and Samantha Ponder have all come out and said the quote was taken out of context - that he never said those exact words. And if you go back and listen, it is true that he never did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
Good to see Thamel went ahead and got his annual hit piece out of the way by doing a sound follow up. http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/29/auburn-stealing-signals-michigan-brady-hoke-devonte-fields

However the main reason for the bump is I just wanted to give a shout out to whoever it is we pay to steal signals. He obviously put some work in this week and might as well had a copy of LSU's playsheet. Though I doubt deciphering Miles signals was all that hard, still gotta give the man credit for being so thorough. I also would like to apologize to Brandon Jacobs for ever mentioning Derek Henry's slow and stiff fat ass in the same sentenc in another thread. Even though I called him a poor mans version, it was obviously a major insult to Brandon. Sorry bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
Since this is probably the only thread that would be pertinent -

Dan Mullins was on Finebaum today and said that he gave Pete Thamel full access to the Miss State program during CamGate because he and Pete "go way back."  There aren't very many people that I despise as much as Harvey Updyke, but I think the tag team duo of Thamel and Evans matches him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:16 PM »
Since this is probably the only thread that would be pertinent -

Dan Mullins was on Finebaum today and said that he gave Pete Thamel full access to the Miss State program during CamGate because he and Pete "go way back."  There aren't very many people that I despise as much as Harvey Updyke, but I think the tag team duo of Thamel and Evans matches him.

Quite honestly I may hate those two douchebags more.  Updyke is a crack pot with no voice, these two idiots are national syndicated somehow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »
Quite honestly I may hate those two douchebags more.  Updyke is a crack pot with no voice, these two idiots are national syndicated somehow.

I would love to have one shot at them in a dark alleyway. That would be the one and only time in life I would wear all bammer gear and call myself Harvey Updike. Killing three birds with one stone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions